Bills averaged 10.22 yards/play against Pittsburgh. It was the 6th highest average in NFL history

Big Turk

We are almost being spoiled by this team.  It seems almost every week the Bills are setting some sort of NFL historical record, breaking a franchise record or doing something that only a handful, or less, teams in the history of the NFL have done.

In this case, the Bills set a new record for longest scrimmage play in the first 90 seconds of a game with Davis' 98 yard TD pass and averaged an absurd 10.22 yards per play, the 6th highest total in NFL history, and the highest since the 2017 Chiefs averaged over 10.3 yards per play against the Jets.  

Edited by Big Turk
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

We are almost being spoiled by this team.  It seems almost every week the Bills are setting some sort of NFL historical record, breaking a franchise record or doing something that only a handful, or less, teams in the history of the NFL have done.

In this case, the Bills set a new record for longest scrimmage play in the first 90 seconds of a game with Davis' 98 yard TD pass and averaged an absurd 10.22 yards per play, the 6th highest total in NFL history, and the highest since the 2017 Chiefs averaged over 10.3 yards per play against the Jets.  

10.22 yards per play is ridiculous. We've come a long way and it's about time we can do this stuff. 

I just find some of these records laughable. I'm sure there'll be a 97 yard TD by another team and it'll be the longest in the first 89 seconds of a game. Stats can be made to fit any narrative. Nothing against OP here, great to know this stuff and toot our own horns, just find some of the stats the talking heads push laughable.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Frostbite said:

10.22 yards per play is ridiculous. We've come a long way and it's about time we can do this stuff. 

I just find some of these records laughable. I'm sure there'll be a 97 yard TD by another team and it'll be the longest in the first 89 seconds of a game. Stats can be made to fit any narrative. Nothing against OP here, great to know this stuff and toot our own horns, just find some of the stats the talking heads push laughable.

Longest sweep play to the left in NFL history when Uranus and Neptune are in retrograde at the exact same time and it's under 20 degrees Fahrenheit

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

Longest sweep play to the left in NFL history when Uranus and Neptune are in retrograde at the exact same time and it's under 20 degrees Fahrenheit

There's truth to these statements, but when you take all 20 or 30 of these records together and interpret them what we've been seeing is that Allen is greatest passing/running dual threat in NFL history. 

There really hasn't been a barometer to explain that, thus we have these strange records. But they ARE an indicator of greatness. 

5 hours ago, Frostbite said:

That is why they are called next-gen stats....

5 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

Spoiled is a pretty good word to describe it. My 7 year old son was confused yesterday when we finally punted. Kid has no freaking clue. 

For everyone who suffered through the drought, what a time to be alive.

Haha I was watching with my parents and girlfriend.  When the Bills punted- I said “take a look- we are punting.  One of rarest feats in NFL this year- Buffalo punting”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.