What Is "Christian Nationalism"?

Tiberius

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Well, pro-slavery applies to a lot of the founding fathers, also, so what is your point?

Not only is your your statement off point, because I asked for a working definition, but also incorrect, most founding fathers accepted slavery as the cost of the union, but did not like it 

10 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Interestingly enough, it also applies to virtually every civilization that has ever existed on this planet.  Just for context...

I tried, with great patience, earlier. Somehow Tibs appears to believe that Moses famous line was actually “Let my people stay!” It was only changed for the movie version. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Orlando Tim said:

Not only is your your statement off point, because I asked for a working definition, but also incorrect, most NORTHERN founding fathers accepted slavery as the cost of the union, but did not like it 

Fixed that. Seventy years later the south tried destroying our nation for slavery, the Union be damned 

14 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Interestingly enough, it also applies to virtually every civilization that has ever existed on this planet.  Just for context...

Christianity accepted slavery, too. So ya. 

Christianity is not a religion of eternal principles. It rolls with the changes 

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Religion/faith has provided comfort and support to tens of billions of people throughout history. Believe, don't believe, but humans have done the most harm to other humans.  

And if you love Tibs so much, why don't ya take him to a movie and make him a pizza fritte? 

The comfort of the church whether ill on your deathbed or in distress does not even come close to offset all the horrible things that have been done in the name of your god vs mine. 

And I agree with Tibs on one topic means I love him?  

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The comfort of the church whether ill on your deathbed or in distress does not even come close to offset all the horrible things that have been done in the name of your god vs mine. 

Chef

With all due respect….You're mistaking the acts of men for the heart of God. There’s a difference. The former should not make you reject the latter. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Chef

With all due respect….You're mistaking the acts of men for the heart of God. There’s a difference. The former should not make you reject the latter. 

Well first off you’re talking to someone who does not believe that god even exists. So having said that we have a lot of historic man’s inhumanity to man in the name of religion. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Well first off you’re talking to someone who does not believe that god even exists. So having said that we have a lot of historic man’s inhumanity to man in the name of religion. 

And way way way more when ‘religion’ had nothing to do with it. (I’m fully aware you don’t believe that God exists. You have been given the free will to believe in God or not.) 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

And way way way more when ‘religion’ had nothing to do with it. (I’m fully aware you don’t believe that God exists. You have been given the free will to believe in God or not.) 

So because there have been more atrocities not involving religion we just just 🤷🏻‍♂️ to all the inhumanity caused BY religion?   Religion is one of the worst forms of control.  

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So because there have been more atrocities not involving religion we just just 🤷🏻‍♂️ to all the inhumanity caused BY religion?   Religion is one of the worst forms of control.  

What’s your word …dude! That’s not what I said, and I know that you know it. Under your hypothesis so long as bad stuff was done by people, therefore we must include that people are the problem. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes, we’ve already established that’s what you think. I’m not going to convince you otherwise, but I’ll continue to hope that one day you’ll discover just how real God is. 

I could get Alzheimers, so that might do it 

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What’s your word …dude! That’s not what I said, and I know that you know it. Under your hypothesis so long as bad stuff was done by people, therefore we must include that people are the problem. 

People AND religion are often the problem. So religious leaders are absolved from any responsibility in atrocities committed in the name of my God vs your God?   

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

People AND religion are often the problem. So religious leaders are absolved from any responsibility in atrocities committed in the name of my God vs your God?   

Of course not. Feel free to punish away if it helps you sleep at night. Knock yourself out!  All of that is just noise to an eternal God. 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I don't make the rules on topic love,  Chef.  I'm just a vessel here. 

I have no interest in arguing the point, have no desire to suggest you follow The/A Word, and to be completely honest, struggle at times with issues of faith (mine, not anyone else's).   I do think it's a lazy argument that those who found comfort in faith, lived lives of faith, or followed the basic tenets of faith are overshadowed by the 'horrible things' done.  I won't argue that many, many, many  horrible things were done in the name of faith, but I'd argue whether many/most of those actions fly in contrast to the basic tenets of faith.  I'd also argue there has been a sh&t ton of of non-religious, non-faith based horrible %$#@ done by humans to other humans.  

I'm just sharing my thoughts on the topic, like everyone else.  

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Oh my God the horror

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don't make the rules on topic love,  Chef.  I'm just a vessel here. 

I have no interest in arguing the point, have no desire to suggest you follow The/A Word, and to be completely honest, struggle at times with issues of faith (mine, not anyone else's).   I do think it's a lazy argument that those who found comfort in faith, lived lives of faith, or followed the basic tenets of faith are overshadowed by the 'horrible things' done.  I won't argue that many, many, many  horrible things were done in the name of faith, but I'd argue whether many/most of those actions fly in contrast to the basic tenets of faith.  I'd also argue there has been a sh&t ton of of non-religious, non-faith based horrible %$#@ done by humans to other humans.  

I'm just sharing my thoughts on the topic, like everyone else.  I respect your opinion, just disagree. 

• Thank you (+1) 1