An Encouraging Loss

smuvtalker

7 hours ago, Murdox said:

If we struggle against Baltimore, I'll start to worry.  Our team didn't look like it could handle the heat in Miami today (in addition to the players that were out), but we still looked like the better team for most of the game.  We will beat them in Buffalo.

The Bills will struggle in Baltimore. I can already tell you that. They emptied the tank yesterday. It will take some to to bounce back from that game. Not to mention our d-backfield will have issues. Jackson is the type of QB that can buy time. Can the Bills MASH unit hold up? I doubt it.

The Bills just need to get rested and bealthy at this point.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

After a night of tHinking about this the offense didn't do their job. End of story. 

3 points in the final two and a half quarters is pathetic.

5 points. And the high-powered dolphins  offense had 7 in the final two and a half quarters. 🤷‍♂️ 

sometimes theyre not all madden games. 

4 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

5 points. And the high-powered dolphins  offense had 7 in the final two and a half quarters. 🤷‍♂️ 

sometimes theyre not all madden games. 

The Bills offense didn't do their job yesterday.  End of story. I think almost everyone that sees the game without a bias can agree on that. 

And who said the Dolphins offense is high powered?  ecause they had one good quarter out of twelve quarters this season?

And the offense didn't score that safety.

Edited by Beast

14 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills offense didn't do their job yesterday.  End of story. I think almost everyone that sees the game without a bias can agree on that. 

And who said the Dolphins offense is high powered?  ecause they had one good quarter out of twelve quarters this season?

And the offense didn't score that safety.

Everyone said their offense was high powered. It’s all we and everyone in the media talked about all week ad naseum. You’re ignoring that to make your point. 

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

No one can rationalize better than a Bills fan.

I mean we are talking world class ability to rationalize any situation.

Next we will hear that it was actually a good thing that we lost.

I think that the OP is giving an objective take.  We were missing half our starting D and players were dropping like flies left and right on offense.  Having said that the Bills didn't make the plays when they could have.  Our dline did not pressure Tua and he made the throws he needed to.  Our oline could not protect Josh and he was under constant pressure.  Did the heat affect the Bills quality of play?  Likely yes.  Still with all the adversity the Bills only lost by 2.  But a play here and there not made...we could and should have won.  

A few thoughts:

- @eballis the man!! Appreciate the hospitality.

- the safety was an unlucky break

- Zack Moss should never play (despite the long run). His feet are too slow. He can’t get into the hole.

- Miami is good

- The Bills are way better than the Dolphins

- I liked the anger/disappointment after the loss. They might have needed that. I legitimately thought 20-0 was on the table. They needed EVERYTHING to go wrong to lose. That’s encouraging.

- I didn’t think that Josh was great yesterday. There were a couple of decisions that had me cringing.

- The young secondary was fine. 
- Officiating was questionable.

- This was Miami’s Super Bowl. 
- Josh Allen should sneak every single time the Bills need less than a yard. He weighs 240 lbs

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, julian said:

Yeah this wasn’t the jags or Colts loss last year, I feel like this defense proved today once healthy will be dominant this season.

I’d rather have an ugly win but in no way does this slow down the train, get yourself to 4-3 or 5-2 and the 1 seed is very much in play.

Dominant once healthy? They were dominant yesterday with half the starters out. Both sides of the ball, really. 42 to 18 minutes TOP. 500 to 220 yards. Everything but the scoreboard. Everything had to line up absolutely perfectly to lose the game, and be game-managed into a loss. But either that Dolphins team is a fraud (I think they are, we'll see), or this Bills team is the best since the '85 Bears.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A few thoughts:

- Zack Moss should never play (despite the long run). His feet are too slow. He can’t get into the hole.

- Miami is good

- I liked the anger/disappointment after the loss. They might have needed that. I legitimately thought 20-0 was on the table. They needed EVERYTHING to go wrong to lose. That’s encouraging.

- I didn’t think that Josh was great yesterday. There were a couple of decisions that had me cringing.

- Josh Allen should sneak every single time the Bills need less than a yard. He weighs 240 lbs

Great to see you buddy. Agree with all of this; particularly the cutesy play calling at the goal line. Dorsey doesn’t always have to be the smartest guy in the room.

It’s weird to say this but those long drives in the 2nd half hurt the Bills I think. It was dangerously hot out there. I don’t even know what OL combo was out there at the end. 

Anyone walking away from this game “worried” about the Bills’ Super Bowl chances needs to get a grip. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A few thoughts:

- Miami is good

Good post.

(1) Miami was playing against a team that at any given moment during the game was down 8-10 starters, (2) Josh Allen wasn't at his best, (3) The Bills' offense as a whole made critical mistake after critical mistake and left an easy 17-20 points on the field, and (4) Miami pretty much made every play they had an opportunity to make (the sack fumble, the strip of Davis, the critical throw to Waddle) and managed to score 21 pts on only two drives the entire game over 20 yds...

Miami is a good team and still managed to need every bit of the above to win by 2 points. That is encouraging.

And when Allen isn't at his best, he is still better than almost any other QBs at their best.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.