Rush Songs that you can Dance To

TheCockSportif

16 hours ago, Draconator said:

BTW: Gail our lead singer quit. So we are having auditions to replace her.

HOUSE!  Time your band makes a paradigm shift!  
Remember how Fleetwood Mac went from being an innovative band to banal purveyor of dreck?!  You could reverse the trend! 😁

EDIT: Alternately, see what Helena 'Blanche Blotto' Binder is up to.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/24/2022 at 8:37 PM, T&C said:

Rush was my 1st concert back at the Aud in 76. Kind of in the middle to me... if they are rock, middle. Prog, near the bottom really. Drums... just because you surround yourself with 1,000 percussion things to hit doesn't make you great... I'd call it middle. Guitar and bass... middle. Overall a decent band, I do like Hemispheres and All the Worlds a Stage quite a bit. 

Nothing to really dance to but it would be ok to watch hot drunk chicks try.

On 9/24/2022 at 9:59 PM, I am the egg man said:

I saw them in the Century Theatre in ‘76. Don’t recall an Aud show that year…..

It was the century theatre 

More from my Facebook thread

Not identified as a danceable song, but as a head banging song

This is a great comment:

Our band was covering Freewill one night at a Club in Cocoa Beach. I watched in aww at a Couple dancing to it... They were brilliant! They were dressed to dance too, very snazzy, and they nailed it! They flowed beautifully through the changes too! They obviously knew the song! The floor cleared for them and everyone was in aww. We gave them huge applause and praise!

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.madhousemagazine.com/geddy-lee-working-p-t-at-home-depot-to-make-ends-meet/?fbclid=IwAR0ukx5TQ7pKK1v2MoZOsJG3toPBayEGfd3KRVjHHVhj_a9Xj1RATJTh84w

More in the article.

Geddy works P/T at the store and helps out in all departments. The other employees know him as Gary, a nice guy and good worker who is always eager to help. When told that Gary in Paint is an International Rock Star, fellow employee Ed Holzman was shocked. “Gary is a rockstar? People idolize him? He seems like such a nice quiet down to earth guy. I can’t imagine him being in a band. He seems more like a guy that would work at Home Depot. I think he ate my sandwich out of the staff refrigerator though.”

Now that the word is out, Rush fans from all over the world are descending upon the store in hopes of getting a glimpse of their hero. Rich Pacesa drove 32 hours straight to buy a shop vac and talk to Gary for 30 seconds. “It was awesome” said Pacesa. “I told Geddy that I am a big fan and I like Tom Sawyer. We are good friends now.” Sales at the store are off the charts and Home Depot stock shot up to the highest price ever.

On 9/24/2022 at 9:59 PM, I am the egg man said:

I saw them in the Century Theatre in ‘76. Don’t recall an Aud show that year…..

You are right, it wasn't the Aud. I just dug the ticket stub out... its in 2 pieces now and worn... it was the New Century Theatre in 77,  Harvey/Corky. November 1 something but the date is at the split of the ticket so I can't make it all out. Section 3, row Z, seat 103. Price $6.00.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, T&C said:

https://www.madhousemagazine.com/geddy-lee-working-p-t-at-home-depot-to-make-ends-meet/?fbclid=IwAR0ukx5TQ7pKK1v2MoZOsJG3toPBayEGfd3KRVjHHVhj_a9Xj1RATJTh84w

More in the article.

Geddy works P/T at the store and helps out in all departments. The other employees know him as Gary, a nice guy and good worker who is always eager to help. When told that Gary in Paint is an International Rock Star, fellow employee Ed Holzman was shocked. “Gary is a rockstar? People idolize him? He seems like such a nice quiet down to earth guy. I can’t imagine him being in a band. He seems more like a guy that would work at Home Depot. I think he ate my sandwich out of the staff refrigerator though.”

Now that the word is out, Rush fans from all over the world are descending upon the store in hopes of getting a glimpse of their hero. Rich Pacesa drove 32 hours straight to buy a shop vac and talk to Gary for 30 seconds. “It was awesome” said Pacesa. “I told Geddy that I am a big fan and I like Tom Sawyer. We are good friends now.” Sales at the store are off the charts and Home Depot stock shot up to the highest price ever.

The internet can be fun... sometimes.

• 1 month later...

Not sure you can really dance to this one, but it's an early Rush deep cut from Caress of Steel that was never confirmed as having been played live......until last week when this surfaced out of nowhere.  Pre-2112 tour and surprisingly good sound quality from a '76 recording.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Not sure you can really dance to this one, but it's an early Rush deep cut from Caress of Steel that was never confirmed as having been played live......until last week when this surfaced out of nowhere.  Pre-2112 tour and surprisingly good sound quality from a '76 recording.

That was amazing!!! Thank you so much for this! 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

“Rush Songs that you can Dance To”

There aren’t any but tunes to toke to, plenty.

The second to last time that I partook in four two zero, I watched "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle".  It seemed like it was a 9 or 10-hour movie, but with Rebecca De Mornay in her prime, it was a nice night.  Last time, probably 15 years ago, I lost my ***** and laughed for about an hour over... these salt and pepper shakers that looked like smurfs.

Having written that, nobody (I hope?) would listen to "Caress of Steel" while high.  I can barely wait for it to end as it is, but 9 to 10 hours of it would be as un-Rebecca De Mornay as it could possibly get.

Edited by TheCockSportif
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.