Vincente Fox Comments

This is sure to help African-American/Hispanic-American relations :o .

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050514/...ICO-USA-DC.html

This pretty much solidifies my feeling that the border needs to be controlled much better. Mexico will never find it's way if they keep relying on the U.S. for illegal immigration. Time for those who are "more desparate than blacks" to focus their energy on making their own country a better place, not illegally entering ours.

This is sure to help African-American/Hispanic-American relations  :lol: .

This pretty much solidifies my feeling that the border needs to be controlled much better.  Mexico will never find it's way if they keep relying on the U.S. for illegal immigration.  Time for those who are "more desparate than blacks" to focus their energy on making their own country a better place, not illegally entering ours.

336452[/snapback]

Unbelievable. It's almost like that guy was saying, "it's not our responsibility to take care of our citizens, why are you hating like this". Quite laughable...

This is sure to help African-American/Hispanic-American relations  :lol: .

This pretty much solidifies my feeling that the border needs to be controlled much better.  Mexico will never find it's way if they keep relying on the U.S. for illegal immigration.  Time for those who are "more desparate than blacks" to focus their energy on making their own country a better place, not illegally entering ours.

336452[/snapback]

This guy fox would make a great democrate. All you have to do to understand the complete ignorance of this guys statement is read this line from the article:

"Mexican President Vicente Fox called recent U.S. measures to stem illegal immigration a step back for bilateral relations on Friday and said Mexican migrants do jobs "that not even blacks want to do."

For him to say that the USA wanting to stem ILLEGAL immigration is a step backwards is the penecal of stupidity. Umm, fox ole pal..they are ILLEGAL..get it??

of course the refrence he made about black people just builds on the utter motherload of ignorance that he already spewed in the above comment.

Screw mexico, and all those friggin illegal bastards. I say the minutemen rock...all they need now is top of the line weapontry, and maybe we can end this nonesense by years end. GOD Bless the Minutemen, keep illegal bastards out.

GOD Bless the Minutemen, keep illegal bastards out.

336635[/snapback]

[Read "The Angry Patriot"by Christopher Ketcham.]

Christopher Ketcham's interview with one of the Minutemen said it all: "He seems genuinely anguished and confused. Mexicans who work for cheap wages, he says, are ruining his own livelihood. 'In 1990, I was making $15 to $20 an hour on construction sites. Now I make $8 an hour. The issue is not the Mexicans: They're good workers, they show up on time, work all day and go home.'" But no doubt this confused Minuteman consistently votes for Republicans who encourage illegal immigration precisely because it helps them reduce wages, instead of for Democrats who'll support unions that will see that fair wages are paid.

Just like Thomas Frank pointed out in "The Trouble With Kansas," blue-collar workers in this country drink the Republican blue Kool-Aid every election and vote for candidates who then destroy their economy. It's hard to sympathize. -- Brian Farrington

I don't disagree w/ what the Minutemen were doing. But if you're looking for a more sane solution from either party, you're kidding yourself b/c they're equally stupid.

But no doubt this confused Minuteman consistently votes for Republicans who encourage illegal immigration precisely because it helps them reduce wages, instead of for Democrats who'll support unions that will see that fair wages are paid.

Just like Thomas Frank pointed out in "The Trouble With Kansas," blue-collar workers in this country drink the Republican blue Kool-Aid every election and vote for candidates who then destroy their economy. It's hard to sympathize. -- Brian Farrington

:lol::doh::doh:

Why would you ever bother quoting stevestojan like this, UConn?

This is sure to help African-American/Hispanic-American relations  :D .

336452[/snapback]

i am all for protecting our southern and northern borders....but the only thing i see wrong with what Fox said is that he limited his statement to blacks. he should have said "...jobs that not even blacks and/or whites want."

Someone should ask that **** how open HIS southern border is...I've read Mexico doesn't eff around, and will shoot those trying to cross INTO their country. Course when you can use your northern neighbor to give jobs to your unwanted masses and then they send most of their paycheck home you'd probably be loathe to share the wealth with those other Latin American countries...

As for the whole 'they do the jobs no Americans want'....howz about we just take able-bodied welfare recipients and give them those jobs? Hell I'd even go with a little govt subsidization and call it 'workfare'. Illegal Immigrants will stop coming if they don't have work (and can't get on the dole)...

THEYTUKRJERBS!

howz about we just take able-bodied welfare recipients and give them those jobs? Hell I'd even go with a little govt subsidization and call it 'workfare'. Illegal Immigrants will stop coming if they don't have work (and can't get on the dole)...

THEYTUKRJERBS!

337657[/snapback]

give them the jobs?

for pete's sake. the jobs are there for them to take now.

why would they take a job that would give them a pay decrease and take them away from Oprah?

give them the jobs?

for pete's sake.  the jobs are there for them to take now.

why would they take a job that would give them a pay decrease and take them away from Oprah?

337744[/snapback]

Yeah for my sake get a job!

This is sure to help African-American/Hispanic-American relations  :D .

336452[/snapback]

Unless you want to station the entire population for border defense, it's a difficult problem. The way to do it is to remove vegetation along the borders and sow mines. I'm not philosophically opposed to that (the Europeans, particularly the Italians) have the best and most cost-effective anti-personnel items for sale, as the world has found out. Ours are not for export.

The domestic bleeding hearts are against this, as well as the Democratic Party, who have long taken pains to get illegals to get licenses, benefits, etc so as to build a salutory base to keep them in office, America be damned...

Unless you want to station the entire population for border defense, it's a difficult problem.  The way to do it is to remove vegetation along the borders and sow mines. I'm not philosophically opposed to that (the Europeans, particularly the Italians) have the best and most cost-effective anti-personnel items for sale, as the world has found out. Ours are not for export.

The domestic bleeding hearts are against this, as well as the Democratic Party, who have long taken pains to get illegals to get licenses, benefits, etc so as to build a salutory base to keep them in office, America be damned...

338607[/snapback]

We can't forget the electrified fences either.

Here's my idea:

1) offer one-time amnesty to all illegals currently in the country on the condition that they gain working flucency in English within one (1) calendar year of the date of amnesty.

2) Proceed with mining and electrified fencing of the border.