Pregame Festivities vs Vikes Nov 13

JPL7

Hey guys! Longtime fan from Ohio. I have been to probably 10 games in Buffalo over the many years, but I am bringing up a few buddies with me up from Ohio for the Bills vs Vikes game Nov 13. Tickets are stupid expensive for that game. I can't find anything for 6 guys under $150 per ticket (the surcharge fees are killing us) but we wanted to come up for the pregame festivities and what not regardless. And also, curious any recommendations for a good spot near the stadium to watch game? Our plan is to come to the stadium for pregame activities, the fieldhouse, tailgate, etc. then go to a sports bar afterwards to watch. Any suggestions? Thanks. 

Big Tree Inn just down the street 

Not sure about Danny's across the street or O'Neils to the North

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Highmark+Stadium/@42.7712845,-78.7904912,16.75z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xf0b562b249eaa7f5!8m2!3d42.7737546!4d-78.7869723?hl=en

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

I don’t pretend to know anybody’s financial situation, but I would spend the money on the tickets. If you’re gonna come all the way up to Buffalo, be in the stadium. If you go to the sports bar, you’re assuredly just spend 50 or more dollars on beer and food. Of course, I respect being financially conscious and overextending yourself that way is a bad decision, so Big Tree might just be the right place. It’s likely the only one you’ll be able to get to quickly enough to catch the kick off if you tailgate.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JPL7 said:

Hey guys! Longtime fan from Ohio. I have been to probably 10 games in Buffalo over the many years, but I am bringing up a few buddies with me up from Ohio for the Bills vs Vikes game Nov 13. Tickets are stupid expensive for that game. I can't find anything for 6 guys under $150 per ticket (the surcharge fees are killing us) but we wanted to come up for the pregame festivities and what not regardless. And also, curious any recommendations for a good spot near the stadium to watch game? Our plan is to come to the stadium for pregame activities, the fieldhouse, tailgate, etc. then go to a sports bar afterwards to watch. Any suggestions? Thanks. 

Plan on going to the game...may have to split up a tad..say 4 seats and 2 seats( 6 in a row only sold by the pros) ...but be in close by section wise and switch places end of every qtr or something. Tickets in upper deck should be under 100 by then...

We have a TBD tailgate everygame in @Hammered a Lot, all all welcome. Just check the board week of the game to signup. If you dont go in, Couple choices after that. Watch in the parking lot on our TV, or head to Big Tree or Dannys ( 3 minute walk) or Oneils  or Prohibiton(10 minute walk) to watch the game..I must admit i have never watched a home game in any of those places, so cant comment on crowds, TVs etc.

After the game, cmon back to Hammers as we fry up a mess load of wings, eat some dogs.Q/Burgers etc...and watch the 4PM games till about 6 PM!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Plan on going to the game...may have to split up a tad..say 4 seats and 2 seats( 6 in a row only sold by the pros) ...but be in close by section wise and switch places end of every qtr or something. Tickets in upper deck should be under 100 by then...

We have a TBD tailgate everygame in @Hammered a Lot, all all welcome. Just check the board week of the game to signup. If you dont go in, Couple choices after that. Watch in the parking lot on our TV, or head to Big Tree or Dannys ( 3 minute walk) or Oneils  or Prohibiton(10 minute walk) to watch the game..I must admit i have never watched a home game in any of those places, so cant comment on crowds, TVs etc.

After the game, cmon back to Hammers as we fry up a mess load of wings, eat some dogs.Q/Burgers etc...and watch the 4PM games till about 6 PM!

This is the number 1 answer right here..

My friends have an RV parker there themselves. I'm out of area for a few more years so when I go I end up here.

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 10:14 AM, JPL7 said:

It's not near the stadium but the food here is awesome and so is their beer.

https://www.genemccarthys.com/

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.