I am taking this bet-What are Sean McDermott's odds to win Coach of the Year?

HOUSE

On 7/11/2022 at 3:32 PM, Mr. WEO said:

If no SB appearance, he can't win.  His team is loaded and he imploded last season in the final game.

COTY is decided during regular season I believe.  So we'd have to go 14-3 or better for McD to be in the conversation because of the hype but I'd still throw 50 -100 down. Great odds and he has never won before 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

If this team goes on to win a SB this year nobody will care much about that, including some of the bigger McD critics like myself.

Let’s be real. You’re gonna be touting the fins and pats by week 6 if they’re even within a couple games of the Bills. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Let’s be real. You’re gonna be touting the fins and pats by week 6 if they’re even within a couple games of the Bills. 

Unless this team is truly dominant this year and wins 15 or 16 games, division is going to be brutal and I would expect both the Pats and Dolphins to be within striking distance of the division similar to how things played out the last few years.

Remember the Pats were sitting in 1st place late in the season too and probably would have won the division if not for the defense falling off and Jones hitting the proverbial rookie wall. Our favorable December schedule helped too.

44 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Unless this team is truly dominant this year and wins 15 or 16 games, division is going to be brutal and I would expect both the Pats and Dolphins to be within striking distance of the division similar to how things played out the last few years.

Remember the Pats were sitting in 1st place late in the season too and probably would have won the division if not for the defense falling off and Jones hitting the proverbial rookie wall. Our favorable December schedule helped too.

you don't really believe this...do you?  the pats didn't win the division because the bills shut the door on it completely.  if you didn't realize that during the regular season, the playoffs probably should have showed you that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I’m sure those 50mph winds didn’t have anything to do with it. If if if if. Blah blah blah blah. 

the bills are a wind storm away from being 12-0 in the division the last 2 seasons and here you are talking about how close it’s been. Just stop it. 

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’m sure those 50mph winds didn’t have anything to do with it. If if if if. Blah blah blah blah. 

the bills are a wind storm away from being 12-0 in the division the last 2 seasons and here you are talking about how close it’s been. Just stop it. 

exactly.  the way he describes it, the pats fell apart, allowing the bills to win the division.  i think anyone without an agenda knows that's insane.

17 minutes ago, teef said:

exactly.  the way he describes it, the pats fell apart, allowing the bills to win the division.  i think anyone without an agenda knows that's insane.

The bills fell apart mid season allowing the pats to feel like they had a snowballs chance in the south…. I can play this game too!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, teef said:

you don't really believe this...do you?  the pats didn't win the division because the bills shut the door on it completely.  if you didn't realize that during the regular season, the playoffs probably should have showed you that.

What I'm saying is there are no guarantees that we would have won the division last year if not for the Patriots peaking in late Nov/early Dec and falling off.

Obviously we hit our stride around that same time but there were a full two games ahead in the standings after the TB OT loss.

Either way in hindsight I will say that I'm confident the Bills would have beat NE in the playoffs with a similar result even if that game was held in Foxboro and we didn't win the division.

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Not disputing this but again, in 2020 despite being the best team record wise under JA17/McD there was a point in the season when Miami was only trailing by one game. Obviously they faltered down the stretch and Bills pulled away.

Last year the Pats were a 2 full game up on the Bills at one point when we were 7-6 and they were 9-4, and I can find many receipts on this forum where even die hard homers thought the Pats were going to win the division at that point.

I still believe this team is the prohibitive favorite to win a 3rd straight division title this year but the road is likely going to be more perilous again especially if this team doesn't show up every week and is inconsistent like like year.

59 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

What I'm saying is there are no guarantees that we would have won the division last year if not for the Patriots peaking in late Nov/early Dec and falling off.

Obviously we hit our stride around that same time but there were a full two games ahead in the standings after the TB OT loss.

Either way in hindsight I will say that I'm confident the Bills would have beat NE in the playoffs with a similar result even if that game was held in Foxboro and we didn't win the division.

Not disputing this but again, in 2020 despite being the best team record wise under JA17/McD there was a point in the season when Miami was only trailing by one game. Obviously they faltered down the stretch and Bills pulled away.

Last year the Pats were a 2 full game up on the Bills at one point when we were 7-6 and they were 9-4, and I can find many receipts on this forum where even die hard homers thought the Pats were going to win the division at that point.

I still believe this team is the prohibitive favorite to win a 3rd straight division title this year but the road is likely going to be more perilous again especially if this team doesn't show up every week and is inconsistent like like year.

The Bills have finished off the last 2 regular seasons on 6 and 4 game win streaks. Seems to be becoming a trend. I don’t understand why you wanna discount it as if it’s been flukey. They’re a real good team by the end of the season. It’s a thing…. A good thing. 

If either team wants to take the division they‘ll need to figure out how to not suck so bad early in the season and then how to peak come December…. So far they havnt. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Patriots played in that weather too…. Not disputing the Bills were clearly the better team last season, and yes the wind played a part into the advantage of the Patriots….  But the Bills shot themselves in the foot plenty and forced themselves into playing a game they weren’t well suited for in forcing the run game when Allen clearly demonstrated he can wing it through the wind. 

Cut the BS. Who wins that game if it’s normal weather? You know the answer. It’s 100% obvious that those horrific conditions favored one team waayyyyy more than the other. …. So anyhow. Moving on… 

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

we win SB he gets it.  Anything else is blah. 

It gets voted on before the postseason 

On 7/11/2022 at 4:11 PM, HOUSE said:

I am taking McDermott because he was passed over twice. Sometimes that can be the reason he might win.

Plus, I said I would place the bet and if I don't, GUESS WHAT WILL HAPPEN FOR SURE ???

Yep could’ve won it multiple times 

we win 13-14 games I can see COTY

11 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Cut the BS. Who wins that game if it’s normal weather? You know the answer. It’s 100% obvious that those horrific conditions favored one team waayyyyy more than the other. …. So anyhow. Moving on… 

It gets voted on before the postseason 

ah, then he has no chance unless we are undefeated.  Our expectations are so high, as others have pointed out, I think it will be a coach who exceeds expectations ( Bears Coach if they win the division, etc.) 

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yep could’ve won it multiple times 

we win 13-14 games I can see COTY

This is possible.  We win 13-14, with no "surprising teams."  13-14 would be tremendous with our schedule.  

21 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The Bills have finished off the last 2 regular seasons on 6 and 4 game win streaks. Seems to be becoming a trend. I don’t understand why you wanna discount it as if it’s been flukey. They’re a real good team by the end of the season. It’s a thing…. A good thing. 

If either team wants to take the division they‘ll need to figure out how to not suck so bad early in the season and then how to peak come December…. So far they havnt. 

To McDermott's credit, this team has played their best football down the stretch when it mattered most in recent years and I agree with that and definitlely not a fluke.

But again, if other teams in the division ever catch up it's a perilous position to rely on turning the switch on so to speak because there are no guarantees in this league.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.