I am taking this bet-What are Sean McDermott's odds to win Coach of the Year?

Oof, I get the long shot, but McDermott has barely been mentioned in the past after his draft (the one before Beane) and breaking the playoff drought.

I suppose if the Bills go on a big roll early he could.

I think Coach of the Year voting/ input is finalized before the Super Bowl. Is that right? It would make McDermott winning it even harder if true.

22 hours ago, HOUSE said:

What if Buffalo runs the table 17-0 ??  Then what ?

If that's the case I'd advise that instead of betting him to win COY you make a better bet: Any team to go 17-0 is +1500 at Caesars.  That way if ANY team goes 17-0 you cash.  Yes the odds are half as much, but you have 32 chances instead of just 1.  

WILL ANY TEAM HAVE 17-0 RECORD IN 2022 NFL REGULAR SEASON

SEP 8 | 8:00PM

Yes +1500

No -4000

TEAM TO GO 17-0

29 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

If I bet my $3 bill I can make $300? 

30/1 x $3 =$90

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If that's the case I'd advise that instead of betting him to win COY you make a better bet: Any team to go 17-0 is +1500 at Caesars.  That way if ANY team goes 17-0 you cash.  Yes the odds are half as much, but you have 32 chances instead of just 1.  

WILL ANY TEAM HAVE 17-0 RECORD IN 2022 NFL REGULAR SEASON

SEP 8 | 8:00PM

Yes +1500

No -4000

TEAM TO GO 17-0

30/1 x $3 =$90

13 minutes ago, without a drought said:

Just add two zeros to it.

Make sure you put them after the 3.

thanks

but ya kinda missed something 
3-dollar-bill.jpg

THREE dollar bill 💵   ;)  

On 7/11/2022 at 4:17 PM, machine gun kelly said:

I thought so.  It’s announced after the SB, but they get the vote in for the regular season.

Before the Super Bowl as with every other award except for SB MVP and the Lombardi Trophy in a way

I would assume its part of the NFL Honors award show

6 hours ago, DrDare said:

Before the Super Bowl as with every other award except for SB MVP and the Lombardi Trophy in a way

I would assume its part of the NFL Honors award show

Bud I looked it up.  Just do a google search.  The announced was 2/10/21.  I honestly don’t remember when and how, but unless a news announcement is wrong and you’re right, it was 2/10/21.

Does it really matter?  The point is that the whole argument “needs to make the SB, deep in the playoffs is irrelevant as the votes are tabulated after week 18.  It’s what happens in the regular season that the voters use as info for their selection.  My thought of one area McD can do is commandingly winning against playoff opponents or speculated during the season like GB or CN or KC, and securing the #1 seed.  

Those are two areas he can control and could maybe influence voters.  Most of the time the voters like the guy from nowhere like Stephanski over

McD in 2020 where McD was Robbed (IMO) as McD was 13-3, beat some impressive opponent like the Rams and at the time of defeat the Hawks before they imploded.  The problem is McD

did it right.  He and Beane as a tandem slowly and methodically built this team up from the ashes the right way 

purging crap contracts, taking lumps, really changing culture,

developing players, making shrewd decisions in trades and FA acquisitions with few splashes, but solid pick ups.

Thats how you build a team for long term success and until this year remaining fiscally disciplined to not pay the piper down the road.  Even now though, they placed their metaphoric chips all in on 21 Red, and went for it on Miller and other decisions.  What I love about it is they are structuring things to coincide with the explosion of salary cap over the next 7 years.  It’s visionary and not short sighted like other teams.

So voters get enamored with the Stephanski type guy even though he walked into a highly talented roster.  McD had heavy lifting with Beane.  He’s been COY in my book as I don’t analyze a body of work in 13 seconds.  I look at the big picture.  Too many not pickers.

With that said, I doubt even if we beat as an example GB by 10 and others and have the #1 seed do I think he’ll get it.  They’ll give it to a guy like McDaniel on Miami if they win 11 games, but Tua looks better (even though we’ll smoke them by 17 if they make it past the wildcard), because we are THE BILLS!

GO BILLS!! 

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Bud I looked it up.  Just do a google search.  The announced was 2/10/21.  I honestly don’t remember when and how, but unless a news announcement is wrong and you’re right, it was 2/10/21

I live through it every year, but I searched anyway.

The Super Bowl was on the 13th and the Honors was on the 10th of 2022

nothing was on 2/10/21

• Dislike 1

Zero.    Despite McDermott's years of being a defensive coach,  he choked in the KC game.   People forget, the 13 sec meltdown came after a timeout.   Even Sean Payton said he choked.   Poor Leslie F,  he has to live with this stink as well.

We have the best roster in the league, McDermott is a great players coach.  But his game management is scary, especially in big games

The only way he can win is if

1. (God forbid) the team is beset by major injuries and they still go deep or win it all.

2. It's total domination from wire to wire.

3. No other coach takes a team with low expectations to legit contender status.

But as of now, the Bills are too loaded a team for their coach to even qualify for COY in most seasons. 

Edited by skibum

Honestly I don't see him winning it.

Probably should have won it in 2020 when the Bills went 13-3.

Now if they finish with a great record it will basically be expected because the roster is routinely thought of as the best in the NFL by lots of pundits. And if the struggle or finish 11-6 like last year it will be viewed as a disappointment.

I think he would probably have to be head and shoulders above other teams record wise to get it, maybe like 15-2.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.