Jump to content

Roe vs Wade Overturned


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Don't hold your breath Senator.

 

 

I would stay away from big cities. 

 

The potential for violence and destruction is very high.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, B-Man said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'd like to thank Obama, "stimulus," Obamacare, and his general awfulness for spurring the TEA Party - its culmination in Donald J. Trump - and the spine of Mitch McConnell for getting this to happen. 

 

 

God Bless them and those 5 Supreme Court Justices that understand the Constitution and have a clear moral compass.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

wow up to 26 states laws could be affected by this decision wether it be immediately, near future or conceivably change their laws and straight up outlaw abortions.

 

Is Abortion Illegal? Your Rights in Every State as Roe v. Wade Overturned (msn.com) the link won't embed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, muppy said:

wow up to 26 states laws could be affected by this decision wether it be immediately, near future or conceivably change their laws and straight up outlaw abortions.

 

Is Abortion Illegal? Your Rights in Every State as Roe v. Wade Overturned (msn.com) the link won't embed.

 

Here is an article outlining it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/06/24/abortion-state-laws-criminalization-roe/

 

13 states with trigger laws will ban abortion shortly.

5 states likely will ban abortion soon

 

image.thumb.png.8db947654d9cdf3fd429e1252fb7e704.png

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is nothing more than an attack on poor women. Trump's people care about a fetus? Ya right. They don't care a fig for the constitution but want to save the unborn? No, this is just a way of hurting people 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

This is nothing more than an attack on poor women. Trump's people care about a fetus? Ya right. They don't care a fig for the constitution but want to save the unborn? No, this is just a way of hurting people 

 

There are proven ways to reduce the numbers of abortions, but "pro-life" advocates generally oppose them in favor of banning abortion. Truly pro-life would be advocating for pro-natalist policies (which would likely find decent bipartisan support).

 

Banning abortion will not end abortions, it'll just make them less safe.

 

Hard to argue that cruelty isn't the point.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

 

Here is an article outlining it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/06/24/abortion-state-laws-criminalization-roe/

 

13 states with trigger laws will ban abortion shortly.

5 states likely will ban abortion soon

 

image.thumb.png.8db947654d9cdf3fd429e1252fb7e704.png

 

 

West Wendover Nevada will have abortion clinics next to the casinos for all the Utahites to get abortions. 

 

I wonder if they will make adoptions easier and cheaper, that would be great.  Maybe the US can reproduce at a fast enough rate to replace the population going forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

 

There are proven ways to reduce the numbers of abortions, but "pro-life" advocates generally oppose them in favor of banning abortion. Truly pro-life would be advocating for pro-natalist policies (which would likely find decent bipartisan support).

 

Banning abortion will not end abortions, it'll just make them less safe.

 

Hard to argue that cruelty isn't the point.

And Thomas gave the game away, they are going after more rights. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tiberius said:

And Thomas gave the game away, they are going after more rights. 

Except the opinion states they aren't going to even though Thomas believes it's none of the Feds business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Odds that dementia Joe will call for calm and discourage violence? 

 

0.0

 

 

 

hey DR just curious: do you think such a call for no violence isn't appropriate for he to say? He needs to urge calm IMO  The fringe who would do such things I really pray is small. But this is as hot a tribal issue and development as there is and you I trust know that mate.

 

m

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McConnell ordered by Trump to use the nuclear option to reduce Senate confirmation vote for Supreme Court Justice from 60 to 50 + VP made the SC Court partisan.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ALF said:

McConnell ordered by Trump to use the nuclear option to reduce Senate confirmation vote for Supreme Court Justice from 60 to 50 + VP made the SC Court partisan.

What are you talking about?  Harry Reid did this.

 

Edit: I'm wrong, they did it for everything but Supreme Court, you are correct, It was Trump and McConnell.  Everyone is boneheaded.

Edited by Demongyz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One wonders how far this court will go. What can stop them from just overturning every single law Republicans don't like. If Dems try and pack the court, the court could rule it unconstitutional. This could be another form of coup. Ginni Thomas would be on board 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ALF said:

McConnell ordered by Trump to use the nuclear option to reduce Senate confirmation vote for Supreme Court Justice from 60 to 50 + VP made the SC Court partisan.

 

 

No - Harry Reid did that. 

 

https://rollcall.com/2020/10/15/if-you-dont-like-the-supreme-court-blame-harry-reid/

 

 

Because they thought there would be a D president forever......and Ds love one thing and it isn't the voters.  It's power.  

 

  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

One wonders how far this court will go. What can stop them from just overturning every single law Republicans don't like. If Dems try and pack the court, the court could rule it unconstitutional. This could be another form of coup. Ginni Thomas would be on board 

This wouldn't be so bad for states to be able to do what they want.  I don't know why New York and California should tell people how to live in South Dakota.

  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

 

 

No - Harry Reid did that. 

 

https://rollcall.com/2020/10/15/if-you-dont-like-the-supreme-court-blame-harry-reid/

 

 

Because they thought there would be a D president forever......and Ds love one thing and it isn't the voters.  It's power.  

 

Harry Reid did this for everything but Supreme Court, then McConnel and Trump expanded it to Supreme court in 2017 according to this article.

https://marketrealist.com/p/can-you-filibuster-a-supreme-court-nomination/

Edited by Demongyz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

This wouldn't be so bad for states to be able to do what they want.  I don't know why New York and California should tell people how to live in South Dakota.

 

Well for one, because one would  hope that women would have access to proper healthcare regardless of which state they were in.

 

And for another, states like mine are now going to have to provide services to people from other states, in effect subsidizing them.

 

Decisions in some states can have impacts on people in other states.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Thank god I live in Illinois. This is going to be so awful for so many people. 

The people put Trump in office as part of an effort to "blow things up" are going to find out that things aren't so good when they are blown up.

 

Who will this hit the hardest?  The lowest on the socio-economic ladder, just like everything in America.

 

This country is nothing but an exercise in social Darwinism.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...