Roe vs Wade Overturned

Roe was bad law.  It's easy to see how it was overturned. 

(To be clear, I believe in bodily autonomy and support a constitutional amendment to protect this right.  And I sure as hell don't want to move in the direction that Justice Thomas would love to push us based on his opinion).

20 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Methods of abortion: methotrexate, mifepristone, D&C, D&E, etc.

Treatment for miscarriage: methotrexate, mifepristone, D&C, D&E, etc.

@B-Manthese are completely different things.

Boy, it's like trying to reason with a three year old.

The Procedures are alike.

The SITUATION is NOT.

mis·car·riage

/ˈmisˌkerij,misˈkerij/

noun

1. the expulsion of a fetus from the womb before it is able to survive independently, especially spontaneously or as the result of accident.

A miscarriage is the spontaneous loss of a fetus before the 20th week of pregnancy.

Pregnancy losses after the 20th week are called stillbirths.

Miscarriage is a naturally occurring event, unlike medical or surgical abortions.

Unlike what you posted earlier, Miscarriages will NOT be Illegal.......................Be a man about it.

Surgery for appendectomy:  uses scalpel 

surgery for Hip replacement: uses scalpel

ChiGoose: how can you not see they are the same !

😂

8 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Your points are logical and even soothing. Middle ground must be found.

But in reading your thoughts it came into my mind that the same thoughts on gun issues need to follow this path. 

The world has changed, Trans, invitro, etc. Guns gave changed in 200 yrs. 

Seems hard liners fight and middle Americans suffer.

Sure, I agree.  My biggest issue with gun law(s) is that the one consistent problem is that there seems to be an inability to manage what we have currently on the books.  The Tops shooter, for example, apparently should have been addressed with the law already on the books and was not. 

Throwing laws and regulation on the books for the purpose of throwing regulation on the books seems an awful lot like a trip to a massage parlor without the happy ending.  It still feel awww'ite but something is missing.  

By the way--a prediction:  as the anarchists set about terrorizing citizens across the country, in their homes, church, in public etc, the 2nd A and conceal carry laws look pretty damn reasonable to me.    

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Amen. 

a one year old can't live on it's own.

your point is ignorance personified.

Neither can a sperm cell 

Your emotionalism is rather off putting. There is no way you give two figs about fetuses. You people are just out to punish women 

57 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

In some states the new laws will prevent choice even if a rape occurred. 

Yes, and that's the way it is.  In some states they will allow abortion with no extenuating factors up until the point of birth.

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The SITUATION is NOT.

mis·car·riage

/ˈmisˌkerij,misˈkerij/

noun

1. the expulsion of a fetus from the womb before it is able to survive independently, especially spontaneously or as the result of accident.

A miscarriage is the spontaneous loss of a fetus before the 20th week of pregnancy.

Miscarriage is a naturally occurring event, unlike medical or surgical abortions.

Unlike what you posted earlier, Miscarriages will NOT be Illegal.......................Be a man about it.

😂

I'm going to go with because he's a moron. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

But it is the feds who set the law...so now you say that a fetus is not a person in their eyes? How can the feds have it both ways. The only way a law of anti abortion rights is to assume the fetus is a person.

Or are they taking a religious approach and inforcing religious beliefs.

Religion doesn't need to be a part of the decision.  1st there was no federal law on abortion passed by congress, Roe V Wade created law and that isn't the job of the court.  It had to fall.

It is the states that set the law, the feds need to be reduced to what is outlined in the constitution and nothing more.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

There is no way you give two figs about fetuses. You people are just out to punish women 

Same old lie, over and over.

How We Continue to Protect Life in a Post-Roe World

By Jennifer Oliver O'Connell

It is still sinking in. My colleague Sister Toldjah said it best:

“I am literally shaking, literally in tears. Never thought this would happen in my lifetime.”

Neither did I. I was seven years old when Roe v. Wade became law. Even that young, with my limited understanding, I could understand that something had gone horribly wrong with the world. I have had 48 years to see just how much. We have gone from “safe and legal,” with restrictions after 20 weeks, to Gosnell, harvesting baby parts, and infanticide.

Like so many others in this nation, I knew that Roe had to go. The escalating death, 63 million babies ripped from the womb, the fallacies and falsehoods on what constitutes life, our tax dollars going to the merchants of death Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), increased numbers in child abuse and child trafficking… I could go on and on about how that one Roe decision tore at the fabric of our nation.

Friday, June 24, 2022, in a 6-3 Supreme Court decision on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, Roe v. Wade has finally been overturned. (6-3 to uphold the Mississippi law; 5-4 to overturn Roe, as Chief Justice Roberts disagreed with the Court deciding the broader question of whether the Constitution protects abortion.)

{snip}

Here is how we can ensure they do not succeed in marring this huge victory:

Protect the people and organizations that continue to defend life.

I think of the pro-life and pregnancy resource centers, who are always under attack, but even more so since the leak of the Dobbs draft opinion in May.

Support with Your Time, Talent, Treasure

Whether that be donating to one of these Life centers, working at a Life center, or continuing to pray and stand for Life in front of every PPFA across the nation. 

Petition Your Local Legislature to Support Life and Restrict Death

This was how the wall of Roe was eroded in many of the red states. For the pro-life voters who live in the bastions of progressive governance ignorance, that hold abortion as a sacrament, we need to make our voices heard. In California this past April, the lawmakers trying to push through AB 2223, the “Infanticide Bill,” were confronted with a huge protest by pro-life organizations and pro-life citizens, pushing the issue to the forefront, and forcing the lawmakers drafting this egregious piece of legislation to amend the bill. Activists and citizens are still working to stop its passage, but that requires those who stand for Life to make their voices heard and not assume that the work is done.

Foster and Adopt

This cannot be understated. There are many babies and children in this country who need to be loved, supported, and shaped in a loving home. We best counter the Left’s accusation that we care about the baby until it’s born by promoting and participating in seeing mothers and children supported at every stage of Life.

https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2022/06/24/how-we-continue-to-protect-life-in-a-post-roe-world-n583470

36 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Methods of abortion: methotrexate, mifepristone, D&C, D&E, etc.

Treatment for miscarriage: methotrexate, mifepristone, D&C, D&E, etc.

@B-Manthese are completely different things.

Are babies alive after a miscarriage?

Just now, B-Man said:

Same old lie, over and over.

How We Continue to Protect Life in a Post-Roe World

By Jennifer Oliver O'Connell

It is still sinking in. My colleague Sister Toldjah said it best:

“I am literally shaking, literally in tears. Never thought this would happen in my lifetime.”

Neither did I. I was seven years old when Roe v. Wade became law. Even that young, with my limited understanding, I could understand that something had gone horribly wrong with the world. I have had 48 years to see just how much. We have gone from “safe and legal,” with restrictions after 20 weeks, to Gosnell, harvesting baby parts, and infanticide.

Like so many others in this nation, I knew that Roe had to go. The escalating death, 63 million babies ripped from the womb, the fallacies and falsehoods on what constitutes life, our tax dollars going to the merchants of death Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), increased numbers in child abuse and child trafficking… I could go on and on about how that one Roe decision tore at the fabric of our nation.

Friday, June 24, 2022, in a 6-3 Supreme Court decision on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, Roe v. Wade has finally been overturned. (6-3 to uphold the Mississippi law; 5-4 to overturn Roe, as Chief Justice Roberts disagreed with the Court deciding the broader question of whether the Constitution protects abortion.)

{snip}

Here is how we can ensure they do not succeed in marring this huge victory:

Protect the people and organizations that continue to defend life.

I think of the pro-life and pregnancy resource centers, who are always under attack, but even more so since the leak of the Dobbs draft opinion in May.

Support with Your Time, Talent, Treasure

Whether that be donating to one of these Life centers, working at a Life center, or continuing to pray and stand for Life in front of every PPFA across the nation. 

Petition Your Local Legislature to Support Life and Restrict Death

This was how the wall of Roe was eroded in many of the red states. For the pro-life voters who live in the bastions of progressive governance ignorance, that hold abortion as a sacrament, we need to make our voices heard. In California this past April, the lawmakers trying to push through AB 2223, the “Infanticide Bill,” were confronted with a huge protest by pro-life organizations and pro-life citizens, pushing the issue to the forefront, and forcing the lawmakers drafting this egregious piece of legislation to amend the bill. Activists and citizens are still working to stop its passage, but that requires those who stand for Life to make their voices heard and not assume that the work is done.

Foster and Adopt

This cannot be understated. There are many babies and children in this country who need to be loved, supported, and shaped in a loving home. We best counter the Left’s accusation that we care about the baby until it’s born by promoting and participating in seeing mothers and children supported at every stage of Life.

https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2022/06/24/how-we-continue-to-protect-life-in-a-post-roe-world-n583470

I just do not believe you or your MAGA crowd have morals at all. You make excuses for a failed coup attempt, crimes by the president, lies and lies and more lies. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I just do not believe you or your MAGA crowd have morals at all. You make excuses for a failed coup attempt, crimes by the president, lies and lies and more lies. 

Morality will never be on the side of killing babies.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

The SITUATION is NOT.

mis·car·riage

/ˈmisˌkerij,misˈkerij/

noun

😂

I wish you were right.

I would suggest you start talking to people in the medical profession and reading the actual laws. What you're saying seems like common sense but it's not actually how medicine and law work. 

In the meantime, here are some real world examples of how different abortion laws impact care for miscarriage:

In Texas:

One Texas law passed last year lists several medications as abortion-inducing drugs and largely bars their use for abortion after the seventh week of pregnancy. But two of those drugs, misoprostol and mifepristone, are the only drugs recommended in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists guidelines for treating a patient after an early pregnancy loss.

The other miscarriage treatment is a procedure described as surgical uterine evacuation to remove the pregnancy tissue — the same approach as for an abortion.

"The challenge is that the treatment for an abortion and the treatment for a miscarriage are exactly the same," said Dr. Sarah Prager, a professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Washington in Seattle and an expert in early pregnancy loss.

In Michigan:

At the hospital, doctors confirmed she was having a miscarriage. After staunching the bleeding, an obstetrician wanted to perform a procedure called a dilation and curettage — commonly referred to as a D&C — to remove the tissue from the uterus. Not doing so could lead to sepsis or other serious complications, sometimes within hours. 

But the hospital, which was subject to religious doctrine, wouldn’t allow it due to strict anti-abortion policies. That’s because a D&C is also the procedure used during a surgical abortion. 

In Poland:

The family say that the doctors refused to terminate the pregnancy earlier, citing Poland’s abortion legislation. “Her husband begged the doctors to save his wife, even at the cost of the pregnancy,” Agnieszka’s twin sister, Wioletta Paciepnik, said on Tuesday.

In Ireland:

Savita Halappanavar's family said she asked several times for her pregnancy to be terminated because she had severe back pain and was miscarrying.

Her husband told the BBC that it was refused because there was a foetal heartbeat.

Ms Halappanavar's death, on 28 October, is the subject of two investigations.

An autopsy carried out two days after her death found she had died from septicaemia, according to the Irish Times.

Some more info:

Bloomberg:

A study last year from Tulane University found higher maternal mortality rates in states with more abortion restrictions. While many miscarriages resolve on their own, failing to provide care when it is needed can result in infection or severe bleeding, which in turn can lead to the removal of the patient's uterus or even death. 

Women jailed for a miscarriage:

In countries where abortions are illegal, women have been arrested and charged with murder for having a miscarriage. Local authorities can accuse them of deliberately terminating their pregnancy.

One such case, in El Salvador, which has one of the strictest abortion bans in the world, has gone all the way to the Inter-American Court of Human Rights, where a ruling is expected by the end of this year.

Manuela, a 33-year-old woman who went to hospital to seek treatment after a miscarriage, was sentenced to 30 years in prison for homicide. She died in jail in 2010.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

Religion doesn't need to be a part of the decision.  1st there was no federal law on abortion passed by congress, Roe V Wade created law and that isn't the job of the court.  It had to fall.

It is the states that set the law, the feds need to be reduced to what is outlined in the constitution and nothing more.

Why are they not able to rule. The constitution clearly gives equal rights to all. Rightly it does mention age, and likely it was not even considered pre birth, but clearly the court now interrupt unborn equal to everyone, in every way. I am sure the constitution never meant to interrupt AR15s etc but the letter of the law us upheld  over new and expanding gun types. So by comparison does not the constitution have to take into consideration invitro, trans people, etc. 

If they can see a 6 week gap in abortion should they not see a single shot musket vs AR15.

1 minute ago, Niagara Bill said:

Why are they not able to rule. The constitution clearly gives equal rights to all. Rightly it does mention age, and likely it was not even considered pre birth, but clearly the court now interrupt unborn equal to everyone, in every way. I am sure the constitution never meant to interrupt AR15s etc but the letter of the law us upheld  over new and expanding gun types. So by comparison does not the constitution have to take into consideration invitro, trans people, etc. 

If they can see a 6 week gap in abortion should they not see a single shot musket vs AR15.

Even RBG thought Roe was trash.  It's not based on law.

The 2nd amendment should be cause for the SCOTUS to overturn any law restricting firearms.

If a state decides to ban invitro fertilization, I suppose they could, but the feds could not.  It seems to be a bit misguided, it's not like killing babies, it's creating babies.

I think a state should be able to ban doctors from performing trans surgeries just like I think a state can allow it.  I'm against mutilating people because of their gender dysmorphia, but I suppose that is their choice.  The difference as I see it between the two is that a fetus has unique DNA separate from both parents.  It is a human life and thus should be protected.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1