Roe vs Wade Overturned

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

As a taxpayer, does it make more sense as a taxpayer to pay to prevent a pregnancy than pay for 18 years of welfare for single mothers?

Well, no, not in the sense that you’re asking. 

But that question is a good illustration of how badly a country can lose the plot when it’s no longer truly a nation, but a glorified economic zone held together at the lower levels with scotch tape and Elmer’s glue. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Personally, I don't think it should be up to politicians as to whether people live or die. But that's just me.

Sorry to break it to you but that’s already the case and has been since the beginning of the country. What you call politicians are more commonly called elected representatives. This is our system….and it generally works pretty well. 

17 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Well, no, not in the sense that you’re asking. 

But that question is a good illustration of how badly a country can lose the plot when it’s no longer truly a nation, but a glorified economic zone held together at the lower levels with scotch tape and Elmer’s glue. 

No longer a nation? Ya, ok 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sure does, but your point is still silly 

What do you think you have in common with the average 2020 Trump voter, Tibs? Genuinely curious. Presumably this guy would agree with the recent Supreme Court decisions, would think that the J6 hearings are grandstanding at best, and live in middle America. 

On 6/29/2022 at 1:46 AM, Gene Frenkle said:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-Epicurus

“Epicurus? No, I haven’t seen him.”

-God

2 minutes ago, LeviF said:

What do you think you have in common with the average 2020 Trump voter, Tibs? Genuinely curious. Presumably this guy would agree with the recent Supreme Court decisions, would think that the J6 hearings are grandstanding at best, and live in middle America. 

What does this have to do with your point we are not a nation? 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What does this have to do with your point we are not a nation? 

If a group of people are to be called a nation they need to share some things that are bigger - ancestry, values, cultural heritage, history, etc. The various Native tribes can rightfully be called "nations" even if they're scattered now. 

10 hours ago, Andy1 said:

It’s a simple problem to solve. The states need to give exclusive authority to determine the medical need for an abortion to the patients doctor. No other subjective qualifications required for the procedure. Somehow, I don’t think that’s going to happen.

This is an interesting angle.  A woman with an absolute right to choose has to get a doctor’s approval?  

43 minutes ago, LeviF said:

If a group of people are to be called a nation they need to share some things that are bigger - ancestry, values, cultural heritage, history, etc. The various Native tribes can rightfully be called "nations" even if they're scattered now. 

My mother was a Trump supporter 

38 minutes ago, muppy said:

whoa.jpg

Thanks for sharing this. It’s really quite true. But…the answer to this age old challenge is certainly not to snuff out the unborn before they are born. Doing that is the ultimate out of sight, out of mind. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

As a taxpayer, does it make more sense as a taxpayer to pay to prevent a pregnancy than pay for 18 years of welfare for single mothers?

Not every single mother is a "welfare mom"  Doc.

That's kind of a limited view.

9 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is an interesting angle.  A woman with an absolute right to choose has to get a doctor’s approval?  

Wow! That’s not what I meant. Everything I spoke of was in the context of a medically necessary abortion that the woman wanted. The doctors opinion (as patient advocate) should rule, not clumsy ambiguous legal wording written by morons in a legislature.

Edited by Andy1

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

The trauma Donald Trump’s administration caused to young children and parents separated at the US-Mexico border constitutes torture, according to evaluations of 26 children and adults by the group Physicians for Human Rights (PHR).

The not-for-profit group’s report provides the first in-depth look at the psychological impact of family separation, which the US government continued despite warnings from the nation’s top medical bodies.

“As a clinician, nobody was prepared for this to happen on our soil,” the report co-author Dr Ranit Mishori, senior medical adviser at PHR, told the Guardian. “It is beyond shocking that this could happen in the United States, by Americans, at the instruction and direct intention of US government officials.”

Legal experts have argued family separation constituted torture, but this is the first time a medical group has reached the determination.

• Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

The trauma Donald Trump’s administration caused to young children and parents separated at the US-Mexico border constitutes torture, according to evaluations of 26 children and adults by the group Physicians for Human Rights (PHR).

The not-for-profit group’s report provides the first in-depth look at the psychological impact of family separation, which the US government continued despite warnings from the nation’s top medical bodies.

“As a clinician, nobody was prepared for this to happen on our soil,” the report co-author Dr Ranit Mishori, senior medical adviser at PHR, told the Guardian. “It is beyond shocking that this could happen in the United States, by Americans, at the instruction and direct intention of US government officials.”

Legal experts have argued family separation constituted torture, but this is the first time a medical group has reached the determination.

So it was obviously those parents faults for not aborting their children before bringing them along during the commission of a crime. 

3 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Wow! That’s not what I meant. Everything I spoke of was in the context of a medically necessary abortion that the woman wanted. The doctors opinion (as patient advocate) should rule, not clumsy ambiguous legal wording written by morons in a legislature.

Thanks for clarifying.