Manning will never win jack

PromoTheRobot

In the end, Brady is a winner, and Manning is a loser. That's the way it'll always be. Manning will get his pretty numbers against bad teams, but he'll never, ever beat NE. They should have blown the team up in the offseason, because they're having the same problems they had eight months ago, and nothing has changed.

Did Manning fumble at the one yard line?  Did he miss the kick to tie the game?  Manning put his team in a position to win at the defending Superbowl champs home field and his teammates let him down.  Dont pin this one on Peyton!

24986[/snapback]

Manning took a sack from the front side when the ONLY thing he didn't want to do was take a sack. Say what you want about Brady, there's no way he takes a sack in that situation. Manning is a great QB, but damn if he doesn't choke against the Pats in crunch time every time.

In the end, Brady is a winner, and Manning is a loser.  That's the way it'll always be.  Manning will get his pretty numbers against bad teams, but he'll never, ever beat NE.  They should have blown the team up in the offseason, because they're having the same problems they had eight months ago, and nothing has changed.

24985[/snapback]

No, you don't get it. In the end Brady is always a polesmoking loser!!! He is never a winner on this board jackass. Get it right before posting again. :P

Sorry guys but Manning is the soul of that team! I'd take him over DB any day!

The Colt defense is what continously screws it up for him and the rest of that offense.

The Edge fumbled twice! Oh boy!

Peyton, however, should'be noticed Willie on the line going for the sack. McGinnest was not hiding the fact that he was keying in on him.

Before everybody blows Brady, I will say this: he looked pretty damn good up until crunch time, and then he (yes, Brady, not Manning) did almost everything he could to give that game away. The pick down the middle of the field (maybe not his fault, but still), the sack/fumble (at a time when the last thing he wanted to do was take a sack WITH a fumble...lucky f'in Patriots they had someone right there to recover), and then another 3rd down pass that should have been an easy pick, in his own end of the field, with under two minutes left.

Say what you want about Manning, but Brady did a great job putting his team in command to win the game, and then almost singlehandedly blew it.

Before everybody blows Brady, I will say this: he looked pretty damn good up until crunch time, and then he (yes, Brady, not Manning) did almost everything he could to give that game away. The pick down the middle of the field (maybe not his fault, but still), the sack/fumble (at a time when the last thing he wanted to do was take a sack WITH a fumble...lucky f'in Patriots they had someone right there to recover), and then another 3rd down pass that should have been an easy pick, in his own end of the field, with under two minutes left.

Say what you want about Manning, but Brady did a great job putting his team in command to win the game, and then almost singlehandedly blew it.

25036[/snapback]

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: They suck!

:P

Give me a break. If Drew played exactly like Peyton did tonight, and Travis played exactly like Edgerrin did tonight, the people on this board would be calling for Travis' head, not Drew's.

Edgerrin did not protect the football in the red zone...TWICE. The second time was with less than three minutes left in the game, at the 1-yard line, in a three-point game. And this is Peyton's fault?

No freakin' way.

Both Brady and Manning had their share of mistakes tonight, including in crunch time. But I would rate them 1-2 on my list of QBs I'd like to have, that's for damn sure.

No doubt Rubes. The NE staff really entrusted the game to him late on some good gutsy calls in their own end, but he made horrible decisions. Thats really unlike him and I wonder if it will have a significant effect on how Weiss/NE calls a game the next few weeks.........or even 'til Brady shows them they can go back to bidnessasusual.

Cya

Give me a break. If Drew played exactly like Peyton did tonight, and Travis played exactly like Edgerrin did tonight, the people on this board would be calling for Travis' head, not Drew's.

Edgerrin did not protect the football in the red zone...TWICE. The second time was with less than three minutes left in the game, at the 1-yard line, in a three-point game. And this is Peyton's fault?

No freakin' way.

Both Brady and Manning had their share of mistakes tonight, including in crunch time. But I would rate them 1-2 on my list of QBs I'd like to have, that's for damn sure.

25051[/snapback]

You said it Indy. Maybe a post from VA on this would clear things up.... :P

Edgerrin did not protect the football in the red zone...TWICE. The second time was with less than three minutes left in the game, at the 1-yard line, in a three-point game.

My eyebrows were crinkling earlier after the Colts gave Dom two carries in the redzone after Edge looked so freaking good on every snap I saw.

Then they go back to Edge when you think they're nuts if they don't, and he fumbles on his first redzonecarry on 1stdown from the galdanged 1!!!

Then Weiss hands it to Brady to take his pick downfield from his own 1 on 1stdown (I thought it was a great call) and instead of throwing it away he chucks only his first jumpball of the game's critical series.

And after Manning follows up freebie #3 with possibly the worst sack of 2004, one of the league's very best kickers horribly gags what is only the 2nd/3rd real pressure kick of his career.

Somebody needs to tie Peyton and Vgajt together with 3' of rope for an hour and let Edge hold the camera..........

Did Manning fumble at the one yard line?  Did he miss the kick to tie the game?  Manning put his team in a position to win at the defending Superbowl champs home field and his teammates let him down.  Dont pin this one on Peyton!

24986[/snapback]

Something tells me if Bledsoe performed the exact same way as Manning, you'd come to a different conclusion.....

25051[/snapback]

You're joking right? :P

In a close game, Bledsoe throws an Int on the 1 yard line, and takes a critical sack on the final drive, and you really think no one on this board would be calling for his head?

May I have a hit of what you're smoking... :D

Guest kellyDAbest

tom made a couple great plays late in the 4th,including a huge 3rd down throw on his ONE yard line,and another throw i believe on that same drive for another first that killed precious clock time.

manning is great,real great but he has got to learn to throw the ball away in the redzone instead of making a huge red zone pick. and u can NOT take that sack in that situation. i cant remember but did manning audible on that sack play? i think he moved a guy that could have possibly blocked willie on that play????