Manning will never win jack

PromoTheRobot

How on earth did manning choke on crunch time? he got blind sided and clobbered! There was NO WAY manning could escape from that one. Manning, McNabb, Vick, WHOEVER you want! Flutie... Even Brady couldnt escape from that last minute sack.

How on earth did manning choke on crunch time? he got blind sided and clobbered! There was NO WAY manning could escape from that one. Manning, McNabb, Vick, WHOEVER you want! Flutie... Even Brady couldnt escape from that last minute sack.

25085[/snapback]

The sack came from his front side, not his blind side. He should have read the blitzer pre snap and once he saw him come in unblocked chucked the ball away so Vanderjack would only have a 35 yard FG to tie the game. The blitz was not disguised at all.

GREAT thread!!! :P:D:lol:

Yes, Manning is a chump and a big-game loser, much like Marino.

But at least Dan made it to one superbowl... that won't happen with Manning.

A sure-fire way to make money is to bet against the Colts in the playoffs.

If, by some miracle like last year, he doesn't choke in the 1st game,

keep raising your bet, it will pay off big in the end. :w00t:

Did Manning fumble at the one yard line?  Did he miss the kick to tie the game?  Manning put his team in a position to win at the defending Superbowl champs home field and his teammates let him down.  Dont pin this one on Peyton!

24986[/snapback]

No but he did take an unforgivable sack because he was intent on throwing a TD pass. That was a very bad mistake on his part.

25085[/snapback]

The choke occurred when he stupidly audibled his blockers to the weak side when McGinnest was clearly blitzing from the strong side, leaving him completely vulnerable. I've said for years now that despite Manning's obvious talent, he needs an OC to reel him and his football ego in.

The choke occurred when he stupidly audibled his blockers to the weak side when McGinnest was clearly blitzing from the strong side, leaving him completely vulnerable. I've said for years now that despite Manning's obvious talent, he needs an OC to reel him and his football ego in.

-----------------

You are exactly right. he had NO protection on that side. Friggin Dallas clark was running a route and Edge was on the other side. They loaded the weak side and Peyton DIDN'T EVEN LOOK PRIOR TO THE SNAP!!!!

WTF!!! Peyton is an excellent QB but that was a BONEHEADED play.

I would take Manning in Buffalo any freaking day.....

25457[/snapback]

I think most of us would (and should) want Manning....at the right price. No QBs wallet is worth undermining the goal of the entire team. If Bledsoe has 1/2 as productive season as Manning will then Bledsoe starts to look like quite a bargain doesn't he?

This game is a prime example of "1st-picked-QB-itis"  These guys like Bledsoe and Manning get drafted #1 overall and everyone tells them how great they are, but when it comes down to crunch tme, they fold like a newspaper.

PTR

24977[/snapback]

All I can say is WOW! Some of you guys really don't have a clue. It is always the QBs fault. LOL! Peyton let the weakside blitz come through uncontested. Peyton missed the field goal too. All Peyton did was create opportunity for his team to win. Your comment is unbelievable. Did you watch the game?

"All I can say is WOW! Some of you guys really don't have a clue. It is always the QBs fault. LOL! Peyton let the weakside blitz come through uncontested."

------

Yes, as a matter of fact he alone enabled the sack by moving his blockers to the weak side. AND, the blitz was from the strong side. Did YOU watch the game? :unsure:

"Peyton missed the field goal too. "

------

No, but the yards lost as a result of his audible dramatically decreased the chance of hitting the field goal.

"All Peyton did was create opportunity for his team to win."

------

You are correct. It isn't fair to put the loss on his shoulders alone. As a matter of fact, you could say that Edge also created several opportunities to win despite his fumbling.

This game is a prime example of "1st-picked-QB-itis"  These guys like Bledsoe and Manning get drafted #1 overall and everyone tells them how great they are, but when it comes down to crunch tme, they fold like a newspaper.

PTR

24977[/snapback]

Manning folded like a newspaper?? Get serious, he made one bad throw in the endzone, but he had his team on the goalline with a chance to win. If anyone folded, it's Edge.

Manning folded like a newspaper??  Get serious, he made one bad throw in the endzone, but he had his team on the goalline with a chance to win.  If anyone folded, it's Edge.

25593[/snapback]

You guys are out of line. What we saw was probably the two best teams in the AFC and maybe football. Manning made some mistakes but made some great throws and plays against a great Pats D. How quickly forget the likes of Jim Kelly. Yeah our hero. Geez can't remember him ever making a mistake in big games. Oh wait.. Lets see. Oh yeah maybe he did. How many times did Kelly throw ints to cost the Bills games. A few times. He also made plays to win Big games. The bottom line is Peyton is a big time QB who made some costly errors. Saying he will never win the big one is idiotic!

25438[/snapback]

That was really his only dumb play of the night. But you are correct, when he audibled and I saw the back move to the other side, the first thing I thought was what the hell are you doing?

No, you don't get it.  In the end Brady is always a polesmoking loser!!!  He is never a winner on this board jackass.  Get it right before posting again.  :w00t:

24992[/snapback]

That is until Brady becomes a free agent, and all you guys start yelling for TD to sign him... :unsure:

No, just smart gambling!  :w00t:

:unsure:

25646[/snapback]

The guy played one hell of a game. He had 2 mistakes. The int in the End Zone. That was critical. He forced the throw before and went right back to the middle. The second mistake was the sack.

This board just overstates everything.

Manning is God! Then Manning chokes in the Big Game. He is just another in the long line of first pick busts. Give me a freaking break! The guy is the co-mvp of the NFL. The guy just shreaded a defense that gave up only 15 points a game last year and they actually improved in the offseason.

If the Pats play as well (They did play well!) as they did last night against Buffalo... The Bills will lose 31-7.

The guy played one hell of a game.  He had 2 mistakes. The int in the End Zone.  That was critical.  He forced the throw before and went right back to the middle.  The second mistake was the sack. 

This board just overstates everything. 

Manning is God! Then Manning chokes in the Big Game.  He is just another in the long line of first pick busts.  Give me a freaking break! The guy is the co-mvp of the NFL.  The guy just shreaded a defense that gave up only 15 points a game last year and they actually improved in the offseason. 

If the Pats play as well (They did play well!) as they did last night against Buffalo... The Bills will lose 31-7.

25675[/snapback]

What can I say... he just reminds me of Marino.

Like Marino, I've won a lot of $$$ betting against him & his teams in big games over the years...

It's a beautiful thing, I may lose all year but I'll at least break even after the playoffs are over. :unsure:

What can I say... he just reminds me of Marino.

Like Marino, I've won a lot of $$$ betting against him & his teams in big games over the years...

It's a beautiful thing, I may lose all year but I'll at least break even after the playoffs are over. :unsure:

25691[/snapback]

Well I am glad you have won money. I am just saying that I believe that their is a major difference between the two. Marino never learned how to win the big game. Peyton continues to develop. That was a tough loss but Marino cannot compare to Peytons study and work ethic. It is unmatched. I saw improvement in Peytons game last night. I think he learned from the mistake he made in the AFC Championship game and took his game up a notch. I look to him to continue to improve and take the necessary next step. I truly believe if these teams played 10 times that the Colts would win 5-7 of the games this year. Frustrating loss.