2022 Hurricane Season

T&C

46 minutes ago, T&C said:

Me too.... its the next 4-5 months that supremely suck.

That's why I take winter over this. 

But look on the bright side, you get all new, modern infrastructure when a hurricane wipes a place out... Off of the backs of the taxpayers in Duluth who have aging infrastructure because winter wear and tear ain't as emotional.

Take the good with the bad.  Probably what a state income (if Florida had one) should be paying for.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's why I take winter over this. 

But look on the bright side, you get all new, modern infrastructure when a hurricane wipes a place out... Off of the backs of the taxpayers in Duluth who have aging infrastructure because winter wear and tear ain't as emotional.

Take the good with the bad.  Probably what a state income (if Florida had one) should be paying for.

What are you saying? This is all over the place...

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No it's not.

Take the good with the bad.  At least when a storm wipes you guys out... You get all new stuff on someone else's dime.   Isn't that where dreams come true.

Stay chill. 😉 

Isn't Disney World where dreams come true? Florida has that too. What a place.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/1/2022 at 3:00 PM, TBBills said:

I love living here... in the winter. 

I love it in the winter, and I can handle the summers. A few weeks in the mountains, or Buffalo for that matter, would be nice in the summer. 

We spent 30 years in hurricane territory (Hilton Head and Sarasota). Cat 1-3 we hunker down. Cat 4-5 we run away like Monty Python in a frenzy.  We were lucky in our 3+ decades. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.