Any thoughts on EyeStream TV?

Draconator

I was told about this in a community forum in my neighborhood. I've had this for about a week, and so far, so good. I get local TV stations from every major city in the US. (Including Buffalo). ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX. I get national and regional sports channels. Meaning I can watch an A's game on NBC Sports Bay Area at no additional cost. I get all the premium movie channels. I get NHL Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings. I get PPV. I get CTV and CBC out of Toronto, along with 5 TSN stations. I pay $47 a month for everything. The only con is no recording/DVR, and if you miss a play, no option to go back 15 seconds or so. 

Anyone else heard of this and/or have it? 

56 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I was told about this in a community forum in my neighborhood. I've had this for about a week, and so far, so good. I get local TV stations from every major city in the US. (Including Buffalo). ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX. I get national and regional sports channels. Meaning I can watch an A's game on NBC Sports Bay Area at no additional cost. I get all the premium movie channels. I get NHL Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings. I get PPV. I get CTV and CBC out of Toronto, along with 5 TSN stations. I pay $47 a month for everything. The only con is no recording/DVR, and if you miss a play, no option to go back 15 seconds or so. 

Anyone else heard of this and/or have it? 

Sounds too good to be true. Was there a free trial or did you just roll the dice? Virus protection not showing a issue?

Couple of my good friends have it and absolutely love it. If you're a sports junkie you'll love it. I really like it too, but it's not convenient for the wife. She just wants to flip on the TV and not have to do much navigation. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, dhg said:

Couple of my good friends have it and absolutely love it. If you're a sports junkie you'll love it. I really like it too, but it's not convenient for the wife. She just wants to flip on the TV and not have to do much navigation. 

That's where a Superbox is better... easy to navigate. Buy the box, a one time fee... and you are set for years and years.

2 hours ago, T&C said:

That's where a Superbox is better... easy to navigate. Buy the box, a one time fee... and you are set for years and years.

I've never heard of a Superbox before. I don't think it would work for me, as I watch TV on my computer screens. 

4 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Sounds too good to be true. Was there a free trial or did you just roll the dice? Virus protection not showing a issue?

They have a free trial, I think it's 3 days. I paid for my VIP subscription after using it for 10 minutes. The only virus thing I've found is their SSL Certificate is expired, but I never have given an expired SSL certificate as a threat. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I've never heard of a Superbox before. I don't think it would work for me, as I watch TV on my computer screens. 

They have a free trial, I think it's 3 days. I paid for my VIP subscription after using it for 10 minutes. The only virus thing I've found is their SSL Certificate is expired, but I never have given an expired SSL certificate as a threat. 

Thanks , maybe I'll give it a shot tomorrow when the Orioles play

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

've never heard of a Superbox before. I don't think it would work for me, as I watch TV on my computer screens. 

Did you watch the video I showed above? 

What if it gets legal... Like the Locast court decision... Can they shut it off. Is it more legally sound?

Say you spend $300 on a SuperBox... Is there a guarantee it stays on?

One reviewer complained on Amazon.com that it worked, then after 3 days... Shut off, error... Called SuperBox and was told they didn't buy from authorized seller!

How are they legally doing this, especially after the Locast decision.  Or, is that different?  Same with EyeStream...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

11 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Thanks , maybe I'll give it a shot tomorrow when the Orioles play

I admire your faith.   Only five years ago, I knew every player on the roster...these days, they're rolling out pitchers I never heard of.

30 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

I admire your faith.   Only five years ago, I knew every player on the roster...these days, they're rolling out pitchers I never heard of.

The only pitcher I know is Means and now he's hurt.  Its been a painful rebuild to say the least.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, T&C said:

The issue with those boxes is if/when that company goes out of business (again) or the iptv service gets shut down you’ll have to buy a new box.

You usually seem to at least get a couple years out of them from the people I know who have tried them.

IMO if you want to use IPTV just buy a fire stick for $30 and install it yourself. It’s super easy to do. Then when it inevitably gets shut down you can just install a new iptv service. It’s much cheaper this way too. $300+ for those boxes is a rip off, especially considering the crappy specs of the boxes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

The issue with those boxes is if/when that company goes out of business (again) or the iptv service gets shut down you’ll have to buy a new box.

You usually seem to at least get a couple years out of them from the people I know who have tried them.

IMO if you want to use IPTV just buy a fire stick for $30 and install it yourself. It’s super easy to do. Then when it inevitably gets shut down you can just install a new iptv service. It’s much cheaper this way too. $300+ for those boxes is a rip off, especially considering the crappy specs of the boxes.

I don't need a Superbox personally although I know one guy who has had his 5 years going and has had no problems (almost the same one in the video above). I watch everything I want off of the internet... Bills games, Sabres games, ppv (rarely though, boxing has gone Way downhill but it was pretty cool to watch Frank Gore fight), any game from any sport home/or away feed. Pretty much the same content I'd get with a Superbox or a firestick.

The firestick made me curious though, and I found this article... very in depth on them, and it was published just a few days ago. Could be a lot cheaper for the OP, idk.

https://www.firesticktricks.com/best-iptv-service.html

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, T&C said:

I don't need a Superbox personally although I know one guy who has had his 5 years going and has had no problems (almost the same one in the video above). I watch everything I want off of the internet... Bills games, Sabres games, ppv (rarely though, boxing has gone Way downhill but it was pretty cool to watch Frank Gore fight), any game from any sport home/or away feed. Pretty much the same content I'd get with a Superbox or a firestick.

The firestick made me curious though, and I found this article... very in depth on them, and it was published just a few days ago. Could be a lot cheaper for the OP, idk.

https://www.firesticktricks.com/best-iptv-service.html

Bookmarked the article. I think for now I'll just stick with EyeStream. Primary reason, ease of use.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.