34th Anniversary today May 1

Punching Bag

Actually it is my 2nd 34th Anniversary initially being married in Hong Kong a week earlier but my wife came on a fiancee visa on recommendation of US Consulate and she needed to be married in the US.  

I do not celebrate my birthdays very much (As Star Trek's Dr McCoy said what is the big deal about getting old?) but this is different for it requires a lot of effort. 

Considering I asked my wife to marry me in first week I met her while I was on a tourist visa I can say it surprises people.  In college my housemate was planning on getting married to girl friend he had throughout high school. He did and got married with a year later divorced.  All of my male siblings are married and never divorced; all of my sisters were married (some more than once) and divorced;  I think this is due to example of my father who none of us wanted to be like.

Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Actually it is my 2nd 34th Anniversary initially being married in Hong Kong a week earlier but my wife came on a fiancee visa on recommendation of US Consulate and she needed to be married in the US.  

I do not celebrate my birthdays very much (As Star Trek's Dr McCoy said what is the big deal about getting old?) but this is different for it requires a lot of effort. 

Considering I asked my wife to marry me in first week I met her while I was on a tourist visa I can say it surprises people.  In college my housemate was planning on getting married to girl friend he had throughout high school. He did and got married a year later.  All of my male siblings are married and never divorced; all of my sisters were married (some more than once) and divorced;  I think this is due to example of my father who none of us wanted to be like.

Ours will be 34, on 5/31.  Lived in sin, a year before that.  2nd for both of us.  Happy Anniversary, and ditto re birthdays!

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Considering I asked my wife to marry me in first week I met her while I was on a tourist visa I can say it surprises people.  In college my housemate was planning on getting married to girl friend he had throughout high school. He did and got married a year later.  All of my male siblings are married and never divorced; all of my sisters were married (some more than once) and divorced;  I think this is due to example of my father who none of us wanted to be like.

Congrats on the anniversary! That 34 years is impressive! We hit 37 years back in February. Of course, we were mere children when we we married. 

Congrats and happy anniversary to you both!

My wife and I celebrated our 34th earlier this year. We were a few months into our relationship before we discussed marriage, but in retrospect, I think I knew she was the one within a week of meeting her. Sometimes you just know.

Happy Anniversary!

I married late. First time married at 46. Had a long term girlfriend when I lived in California. She had zero intention of getting married. My wife and I will be married 8 years in June. (This is my wife's 2nd marriage, she was married for 20 years before divorcing).

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Congrats and happy anniversary to you both!

My wife and I celebrated our 34th earlier this year. We were a few months into our relationship before we discussed marriage, but in retrospect, I think I knew she was the one within a week of meeting her. Sometimes you just know.

I think my wife considers me to be her spouse on an extended trial basis. So far, so good!   But there’s always tomorrow…..    :)

We actually got married sooner than would have been my style. I am one to ponder a decision (over and over and….) to be sure I get it right. The wife makes a decision, acts, and fixes what she got wrong before I’ve formed an opinion as to how to begin. From first meeting to wedding day was about 14 months, but most of that was wedding planning. My wife’s dad had cancer and she wanted him to be able to walk her (the oldest and first married) down the aisle while he still was able. Turns out he rebounded and lasted another 8+ years, and she’s still stuck with me!  I’m the luckiest person I know! My own mother would probably tell you I don’t deserve my wife. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.