RIP Guy Lafleur

Greg S

Wow!  I am lucky enough to say that I am just old enough to have vague memories of Guy Lafleur flying down the wing with his hair blowing in the wind!  When he was still something special and not yet over the hill.

One of the all time greats.  

Man, did I hate the Habs back in those days!

Always had huge respect for their teams and players though.

This is a great photo!

merlin_67294289.jpg?fit=crop&crop=faces

• Like (+1) 1

One of the most graceful skaters I can remember. Took these long strides and appeared to effortlessly glide around the rink. The Flower was one of my early Hockey heroes and inspired legions of hockey fans around the world. 

Sadly, I won't forget Brad May smearing him with a brutal elbow along the boards in one of his last seasons. It was brutal and he left the game a bloody mess, it may have ended his season. The rest of this game and the next night (back to back games against Quebec) set records for PIM, seasonal or maybe even all time @ that time. Even Sabres fans were like WTF about that hit. 😲

RIP Guy,

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.