Over/Under 48 Sacks Next Season

H2o

Do you think the Bills will have over or under 48 sacks as a team in 2022?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Bills will have over or under 48 sacks as a team in 2022?

The most sacks the Bills have had as a team the last 20 years is 48 in 2013 under Mike Pettine. We had some quality players on that front. A young Jerry Hughes, Mario Williams, a young Kyle Williams, and Marcell Darius. Kiko, Bradham, and Lawson were the LB's. In the Secondary we had Jairus Byrd, McKelvin, Robey-Coleman, Gilmore, and Jim Leonhard. It was a stout unit. 

With all of the offseason additions we've made I know we'll easily surpass the 27 sacks as a team we had last season. Von will probably get us anywhere from 12-15 by himself and I know the rest of the team will surely pickup 13-16 more. Still, I think will have a lot more than that. I honestly see no less than 40 from this team. When I start thinking about who will be lining up, their style of play, how some have performed in this defense during a prior tour, and the Von Miller effect on the rest of the defense around him I find myself getting hype already. Do you think this team can exceed that total from 2013? 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Von is going to feast in this defense. With how well we cover (5) most of the time, I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a near career year. I’m thinking he gets 15-18 sacks. 

Boy, I hope you’re right but I don’t see it like that at all… We have to pressure from other sources to get a lot of sacks. So, I hope to see others get sacks. I think offenses concentrate on Von immediately. He’s no Suer Man anymore. We don’t have an Arron Donald to take interest away from Von. We have to create pressure from every other player.

27 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

3 sacks per game doesn’t seem too unreasonable

17 games now so 48 seems more doable. How many did we get last year? Too bad we don’t have an easy schedule again.  We need everyone to play great on this defense.

55 minutes ago, H2o said:

The most sacks the Bills have had as a team the last 20 years is 48 in 2013 under Mike Pettine. We had some quality players on that front. A young Jerry Hughes, Mario Williams, a young Kyle Williams, and Marcell Darius. Kiko, Bradham, and Lawson were the LB's. In the Secondary we had Jairus Byrd, McKelvin, Robey-Coleman, Gilmore, and Jim Leonhard. It was a stout unit. 

With all of the offseason additions we've made I know we'll easily surpass the 27 sacks as a team we had last season. Von will probably get us anywhere from 12-15 by himself and I know the rest of the team will surely pickup 13-16 more. Still, I think will have a lot more than that. I honestly see no less than 40 from this team. When I start thinking about who will be lining up, their style of play, how some have performed in this defense during a prior tour, and the Von Miller effect on the rest of the defense around him I find myself getting hype already. Do you think this team can exceed that total from 2013? 

The phenomenon of Kiko Alonzo…. What a weird thing to happen….he was so good here….

That was a very good defense, thanks for reminding me.

But this defense has miles to go! We gotta hope our young DEs take a huge step this year. We gotta hope those DTs can stop the run and get penetration rushing. It is going to be a different D this year. I like the thought of getting a CB by the second round and eventually pairing him with Tre. I like the idea of drafting two CBs to solidify this secondary.Another in fourth or fifth round. Carry four outside corners this year. Two rookies, Tre and Jackson. That’s one thing McBeane can surely do is draft corners and coach them up. (Though we are going to take some lumps waiting for the rookies to calm down and waiting for Tre to feel comfortable.)

It’s what we do in December and January that counts and we should be fine then. Hopefully, our young DEs grow up right before our eyes next season. I hope Josh and the O can get us enough wins early…while we break in our first round pick WR! I’d love to hear a Davis signing right about now. Three years! Oh, how I’d hate to lose him….Even if we get a pick in compensation. Although a third rounder is where Beane shines!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Under. Teams are going to shift on us and run more to keep Josh off the field. 

When I first read this I thought it said, "Teams are going to sh*t on us and run more...." Had to do a double-take. :lol: 

No matter what they do, I think we could have a historically good defense this year if Tre comes back @ 100%. A 2015 Denver type of defense. :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.