Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 2.0 - Bills take Treylon Burks: 3.0 - Bills take Breece Hall

YoloinOhio

Just now, Magnum Force said:

Gardner, Stingley and McDuffie will all most likely be gone by pick 25.  That leaves Booth, Elam, Gordon, McCreary, Bryant and Woolin.  Booth and Elam will probably go late 1st early 2nd..the rest will go throughout the 2nd to 3rd… we could trade up and take one if there is one Beane covets more and he has a trade partner or wait.  Woolin is the high risk, high reward pick. 

Agree 100%.

willing to draft Mcduffie, Elam, Booth in the first. I don’t think Stingley or Gardner make it out of the top 15. 

the rest I would take in the 2nd. Except McCreary. Everything ive seen is that he’s more suited to play Nickle. And we already have that locked up work Johnson. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Look at the QB-WR combos of the playoff teams this year and then look at the RB’s. Burrow and Chase. Mahomes and Hill. Rodgers and Adams. Brady and Evans. Allen and Diggs. Stafford and Kupp.

Allen and Diggs…. You named all #1 WRs…we already have one

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, mrags said:

Agree 100%.

willing to draft Mcduffie, Elam, Booth in the first. I don’t think Stingley or Gardner make it out of the top 15. 

the rest I would take in the 2nd. Except McCreary. Everything ive seen is that he’s more suited to play Nickle. And we already have that locked up work Johnson. 

Woolen scares me because he’s from such a small school. But his numbers are off the charts 

Just now, Magnum Force said:

Allen and Diggs…. You named all #1 WRs…we already have one

We literally have 3 holes on this team right now. RB, CB, OL. And the fact is you won’t get the best CB or IOL with 25 but can get the best RB at 25. The drop off from the 4th or 5th best CB and the 7-8th are slim. Same at IOL. 

Beane always goes for Best Player Available. Period. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

Agree 100%.

Not high on McCreary for the same reason.  I myself put Kyler Gordon in the same tier as Booth and Elam.  And Woolen would be tempting at pick 57

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

RBs are a dime a dozen. Really good ones are as rare as hens teeth. 

yea, look at the QB and WR combos. You added Allen and Diggs, so….. are you saying we don’t have our WR and QB set already? Or are they? I’m confused. 

Henry and the Titans are not nearly the same because they have Ryan Freaking Tannehill as their QB. Same as the Colts with Wentz. They win in spite of their QBs not because of them. Completely different when you have one of, if not the best QB in the league. And are kicking the door down for a Lombardi Trophy. 

And the Rams would have started Akers all year long had he not been injured. 

Just did it for you 

Akers is a nobody. So that’s proving my point lmao.

I’m saying your path to the Super Bowl is maximizing your QB’s talent. Two years from now, if Diggs wants $45M a year, I want a highly picked WR waiting in the wings to replace him. I DON’T want to be signing stiffs like JuJu Smith Schuster to be my #1 WR.

If the Chiefs had drafted a WR 2 years ago, when folks like you were saying “WR isn’t a need for them, they need an RB,” they would be much better off today. You are basically throwing a pick in the dumpster by drafting for “luxury.”

Pass rusher, CB, and WR. Those positions are the highest priority for the Bills EVERY YEAR. Because, again, the NFL moves fast. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

The bolded is 100% exactly why you draft a young stud at RB and ride him out the 4-5 years and then let him walk before his big money deal. I’m not saying we should ever pay a RB top end RB money. That’s why I want to draft the best possible one we can find and abuse him while he’s young and healthy. Ditch him after his first contract, before he becomes an injury risk, before he wants big money.  Rinse/repeat. 

—But you don’t.  You don’t want Hall @ 25.  You want a WR or Corner yesterday 

Bell was a head case and ruined his own career. Nobody is saying they he wasn’t good. He was. He also thought he was better than he was. Must have been hanging out with AB too much while In Pittsburgh. But he makes my point for this argument. I never would have paid Bell a big contract. I would have let him walk. 

—bell was a head case….but he had no chance to succeed running on a team with no OL or QB.  He was a product of his environment. Like many RBs.  

I don’t think the Saints are too concerned about what Kamara is making. He’s a true game changer. Runs, catches, blocks. If anything they are only upset about the deal because they now have no QB to offset that. Once they lost Brees, all defenses needed to do was key on Kamara and shut their entire offense down. Without the QB a RB is useless. As we’ve seen many years with McGahee, Henry, Lynch, Spiller, Jackson, etc. 

Dude is likely going to jail. Did you see him play last year behind No OL and No QB?  He wasn’t good.  3.7 ypc 4 TDs.  Motor was 💯 better than Kamara last year.  

1 hour ago, mrags said:

id imagine the Panthers wished they never did that deal only because CMC is constantly injured. Another reason to not sign them to high paid contracts. But for a few years, CMC was easily one of the best players in all of football before the injury bug hit him. Another point why you draft a young stud, ride him out until he breaks down. let him walk in his 2nd contract. Rinse/repeat. 

-rb are the most often injured position in the league….it’s another reason why it’s devalued.  Henry, hurt. mccaffery, hurt.  cook, hurt. Kamara, hurt.  Barkley, hurt.  Akers, hurt.  Chubb, hurt.  Hunt, hurt.  All the ravens RBs, hurt.  clyde, hurt. Sanders, hurt.  Ekeler, hurt.  Every 49er RB, hurt.  Montgomery, hurt.  

Packers wouldn’t have been able to keep Adams regardless of Jones contract. They are now handcuffed by Rodgers. Who claimed he wanted off the team because they tried to replace him instead of giving him weapons. Then he signed for a 50m/year contract. Proving it was all about money for him. Because any idiot could see there was zero chance of signing a QB to 50m and still think you could sign the best WR in football to a 30m/year contract. Rodgers ruined himself and now he will suffer in an offense with zero WRs. I’m sure they will draft a few but it will take them too long to get up to speed for him to have a legitimate year this year. I’m probably wrong in this. You don’t become the leagues MVP over and over only to suck. But I don’t believe he will be nearly as good going forward now. 

—the packers offered Adams a huge salary, some say more than what the raiders paid him.  In retrospect, I take back the jones contract comment.  Adams just didn’t wanna be there anymore becssue of the way they handled his contract.  

Taylor didn’t lose in the playoffs  because of anything he did. He lost in the playoffs because his QB was aweful. Everyone knows Wentz is garbage. Well, everyone except Frank Reich last off season. Last year was their year however. I expect them to be better this season with Ryan. But so is just about every other team in the AFC. They will content for the division but might not make the playoffs. 

—Taylor runs behind the best run blocking OL in the league.  emmitt smith did too.  Taylor is a great RB that happened to land in the perfect situation.  He’s not worth 15M+ imo.  Destination = success in many cases. If Eric moulds was drafted by the colts and Marvin harrison by the Bills, moulds would be in the HoF and harrison probably would not.  

all this back and forth is all fine. But when it all comes down to it. None of them these RBs right now, have a player like Josh Allen as their QB. Have the offense that this team runs. Kamara was the closest you’ll see when they had Brees. As I pointed without a QB he will be nothing. But we have the QB. We have the best QB in the league. We have the offense that wants to roll other teams by 30. None of the arguments for any other back makes any guarantees because they aren’t in this offense. 

While you didn’t use the word “need” in this case, you’ve used it in the past and that’s been my issue and main talking point all along.  We NEED to win a super bowl and it’s a fact that you don’t need a game breaking RB to do that.  All of these great HoF generational QBs of the past didn’t NEED a “game breaking rb” as you say.  Some had game breaking RBs. Some had much less.  Nick Foles didn’t need one, why does josh?  

I think Von will play more than the rest of the line. And defiantly more than guys like Hughes and Addison did last year. But I do expect somewhat of a rotation until playoff time. 

I hope we keep a similar rotation during the regular season and that he plays no more than 60% of the snaps during the regular season, but preferably around 50-55. Then 70-80% or so during the playoffs.   Keep him healthy or we’ve wasted “going all in”

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Akers is a nobody. So that’s proving my point lmao.

I’m saying your path to the Super Bowl is maximizing your QB’s talent. Two years from now, if Diggs wants $45M a year, I want a highly picked WR waiting in the wings to replace him. I DON’T want to be signing stiffs like JuJu Smith Schuster to be my #1 WR.

If the Chiefs had drafted a WR 2 years ago, when folks like you were saying “WR isn’t a need for them, they need an RB,” they would be much better off today. You are basically throwing a pick in the dumpster by drafting for “luxury.”

Pass rusher, CB, and WR. Those positions are the highest priority for the Bills EVERY YEAR. Because, again, the NFL moves fast. 

Your not saying anything I’m not. I also want a WR early. One that can become our future #1. But the fact is, if you don’t find that at 25, and your picking BPA to help you now and in the future, then Hall bight be it. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, FireChans said:

We Drafted Rouseau, Basham 1sr and 2nd last year… brought in Von Miller and Shaq Lawson..Epinessa was a 2nd Rd pick in 2020… how many pass rushers do we need?

16 minutes ago, mrags said:

Your not saying anything I’m not. I also want a WR early. One that can become our future #1. But the fact is, if you don’t find that at 25, and your picking BPA to help you now and in the future, then Hall bight be it. 

What message does it send to Diggs if we draft a WR #1?  That we are planning to move on from him?  I want to keep harmony on the team also ..at least for this year.  I am not saying you wouldn’t draft one.. but I don’t think it is an area of need this year. 

Edited by Magnum Force

59 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Hard to debate this. 

There is no debate. Just look at the super bowl winning RBs over the course of the last 20 years.   

quick google search; starting RBs in the SB from 2005-2015.

2004/2005 season - Corey Dillon (New England Patriots) *

2005/2006 season - Willie Parker (Pittsburgh Steelers)

2006/2007 season - Dominic Rhodes (Indianapolis Colts)

2007/2008 season - Brandon Jacobs (New York Giants)

2008/2009 season - Willie Parker (Pittsburgh Steelers)

2009/2010 season - Pierre Thomas most yards, Mike Bell most attempts (New Orleans Saints)

2010/2011 season - Brandon Jackson/James Starks (Green Bay Packers) 

2011/2012 season - Ahmad Bradshaw (New York Giants)

2012/2013 season - Ray Rice (Baltimore Ravens) *

2013/2014 season - Marshawn Lynch (Seattle Seahawks) *

2014/2015 season - Shane Vereen , though by committee (New England Patriots)

Eli Manning didn’t NEED a game breaking RB…..or an elite WR.  He won 2 Super Bowls.  

AR won his with Brandon Jackson and James Starks. But josh needs a star….

Let’s just drop the word need and I have no problem with wanting a stud RB.  You want one.  That fine.  Just don’t say we NEED one.  We don’t. It’s a fact that teams don’t NEED elite running backs to win the super bowl…..and that’s the only thing that matters

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Ok …hypothetical question:  Let’s say we do draft Breece Hall at 25…McCreary, Gordon, Woolen and Bryant are all available at pick 57…Who would you take?

Gordon 💯 noooo doubt

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

We Drafted Rouseau, Basham 1sr and 2nd last year… brought in Von Miller and Shaq Lawson..Epinessa was a 2nd Rd pick in 2020… how many pass rushers do we need?

What message does it send to Diggs if we draft a WR #1?  That we are planning to move on from him?  I want to keep harmony on the team also ..at least for this year.  I am not saying you wouldn’t draft one.. but I don’t think it is an area of need this year. 

Diggs can’t catch every pass. Teams start 3 WR’s and 3 CB’s. Diggs and Tre understand this.

And Von Miller has 2-3 years left. We ABSOLUTELY should be still taking shots on pass rushers while he’s here. Having a bunch of good pass rushers is a GOOD thing. Having a bunch of good receivers is a GOOD thing.

What you shouldn’t do is throw high picks away on positions like RB and OG that you will let walk if they are Pro Bowlers. The goal with the first round pick is to acquire players you plan to retain. Those are players at impact positions.

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dude is likely going to jail. Did you see him play last year behind No OL and No QB?  He wasn’t good.  3.7 ypc 4 TDs.  Motor was 💯 better than Kamara last year.  

Excellent total post. How many times do we have to watch this song and dance?

The Demarco Murray to Zeke to Tony Pollard saga is the EXACT reason you don’t draft RB’s high and you don’t pay RB’s.

Murray went from the best RB in football to out of the league in two seconds. Zeke was great for a couple years and fell off a cliff. 

I would love a superstar RB. I get it. But it’s not necessary and they are USUALLY bad investments. And it’s bad team building to not treat them any other way than BAD investments.

35 minutes ago, mrags said:

There is not a single instance of a 1st round RB being a good long-term investment in the last decade of the NFL.

• Agree 2

55 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The Demarco Murray to Zeke to Tony Pollard saga is the EXACT reason you don’t draft RB’s high and you don’t pay RB’s.

Murray went from the best RB in football to out of the league in two seconds. Zeke was great for a couple years and fell off a cliff. 

I would love a superstar RB. I get it. But it’s not necessary and they are USUALLY bad investments. And it’s bad team building to not treat them any other way than BAD investments.

There is not a single instance of a 1st round RB being a good long-term investment in the last decade of the NFL.

That’s exactly why you draft a really good one early and maximize the time they are actually good. 

Both bolded points are exactly why I would not resign a RB to a 2nd contract. It’s a once in every 5 year investment. And if your lucky, while you have your stud, you can do the whole, 3rd round shot and hope he pans out in between and you created more than 7-8 years before you need to draft another high one. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

There is no debate. Just look at the super bowl winning RBs over the course of the last 20 years.   

quick google search; starting RBs in the SB from 2005-2015.

2004/2005 season - Corey Dillon (New England Patriots) *

2005/2006 season - Willie Parker (Pittsburgh Steelers)

2006/2007 season - Dominic Rhodes (Indianapolis Colts)

2007/2008 season - Brandon Jacobs (New York Giants)

2008/2009 season - Willie Parker (Pittsburgh Steelers)

2009/2010 season - Pierre Thomas most yards, Mike Bell most attempts (New Orleans Saints)

2010/2011 season - Brandon Jackson/James Starks (Green Bay Packers) 

2011/2012 season - Ahmad Bradshaw (New York Giants)

2012/2013 season - Ray Rice (Baltimore Ravens) *

2013/2014 season - Marshawn Lynch (Seattle Seahawks) *

2014/2015 season - Shane Vereen , though by committee (New England Patriots)

Eli Manning didn’t NEED a game breaking RB…..or an elite WR.  He won 2 Super Bowls.  

AR won his with Brandon Jackson and James Starks. But josh needs a star….

Let’s just drop the word need and I have no problem with wanting a stud RB.  You want one.  That fine.  Just don’t say we NEED one.  We don’t. It’s a fact that teams don’t NEED elite running backs to win the super bowl…..and that’s the only thing that matters

Nobody said you needed an Elite RB. But you do need one that can do it all. Run. Catch. Block. And do it every down. Nobody is saying all those RBs on the list are elite. Or any of them for that matter. But they were all the true number 1 at their position on the team at the time. Every single one of them. Motor does not do that for you. 

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, mrags said:

That all part of it. I don’t expect them to go into the draft with the CBs currently on the roster. 

and I will continue to admit that I don’t think a RB in rd1 is a priority. Nor do I think it is with a move up assuming nothing else changes. My arguments are, and will be that we need a game breaking RB. Doesn’t matter where he comes from, or how we get him. Our offense is missing that piece. 

I was not interested in CMC because he’s making too much and he’s constantly hurt. But I would take a flyer in Barkley because his price tag is significantly less. I’ve been a fan of trading Edmunds for Barkley. Saving about 5m. Drafting your MLB in the 3-4th rd 

16 minutes ago, mrags said:

That’s exactly why you draft a really good one early and maximize the time they are actually good. 

Both bolded points are exactly why I would not resign a RB to a 2nd contract. It’s a once in every 5 year investment. And if your lucky, while you have your stud, you can do the whole, 3rd round shot and hope he pans out in between and you created more than 7-8 years before you need to draft another high one. 

Nobody said you needed an Elite RB. But you do need one that can do it all. Run. Catch. Block. And do it every down. Nobody is saying all those RBs on the list are elite. Or any of them for that matter. But they were all the true number 1 at their position on the team at the time. Every single one of them. Motor does not do that for you. 

so is it a game breaking rb or Is it just having one rb that can do it all?  Again….because you continue to use the word need.  But do you. Be wrong.  

the underlined is incorrect. Every single one of them wasn’t the clear best back and could run, block and catch.  Why exaggerate and make things up to prove a point that continues to change.  Motor isn’t fast enough.  We need a fast back.  Motor isn’t big enough.  We need a guy for the goalline. We need a game breaking rb.  We need a Rb that can run, block and catch.  Which is it?  Do we NEED a “game breaking back” or just a back can is the “clear best on the team that can run, block and catch”?

You’ve said that we NEED two entirely different things….which weakens your argument even more 

Continuing to use the word need.  You want one.  That fine. It’s not needed to win a super bowl.  Again….that’s a fact.  

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Your forgetting Rashaad Penny, he was a solid investment for seahawks.

But in all seriousness I'm always against RBs in the 1st. Doesn't lead to superbowls. But I will admit the nfl has changed, RB value in drafts has definitely gone down so it is rare to have the best RB in the draft at 25.

I won't yell and scream that it's blasphemy that an rb is mocked at 25 because I think there's an honest chance beane could do it. I don't agree with it but it's a serious possibility. Beane has a history of not going for cb2s, there was rumors he wanted Etienne last draft, and if he's full go on win now, hall immediately improves the RB day 1, hall is a serious consideration. I don't like it but I'm not gonna throw a beer at my tv if it happens.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.