Happy 86th Birthday to Dave Thomas (Rocketship 7)

\GoBillsInDallas/

If my old age memory serves me correct... I think today is also Jim Kelly's & Drew Bledsoe's birthday too!

Special ShoutOut to: @CowgirlsFan

*FunFact...

*The probability is ALMOST 1:1 if you take 26 truly RANDOM people and compare their birth day and month... That two people will have the same month & date.

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Too bad David lost his Buffalo roots

Like rooting for the Sabres!😉😜😘 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BTB said:

It is odd for a guy who spent 40 years of his life in WNY.  I wonder if over the years, he has come back, but under the radar, or he left for Philly…and as you said, lost his roots. 

Look around the web and you'll find a YouTube video showing a visit within the last few years to Chef's Restaurant.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BTB said:

It is odd for a guy who spent 40 years of his life in WNY.  I wonder if over the years, he has come back, but under the radar, or he left for Philly…and as you said, lost his roots. 

David ?  

i thought lived longer in Philly

In Bones and Seal Team he always sported Philly gear. 

2 completely different shows 

same Flyers shirts 

1 hour ago, BTB said:

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Look around the web and you'll find a YouTube video showing a visit within the last few years to Chef's Restaurant.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

David ?  

same Flyers shirts 

You guys are mixing up Dave (father) and David (son).

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

You guys are mixing up Dave (father) and David (son).

David has always billed himself as Boreanaz, the family name.  Moved to Pennsylvania at age 7 with the family.  Thread title refers to Dave Thomas.  I am not mixing up anything. 🤨

On 2/15/2022 at 7:39 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

David ?  

same Flyers shirts 

But he did sneak a photo of me into one of the Bones episodes about UFOs.

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Bruce Smith approved.  If the Peace Bridge ever reverts back to a level of sane commuting, I think a Chef's run might win out over a Boccé Club run.

Worked at the Peace Bridge for 2 summers, 67-68.  Toll was .25.  We had to separate the US from Canadian, then roll the quarters in $10 rolls.  Use to be a big rush in the early afternoons with people trying to make Ft Erie, for the Daily Double.

I remember the old guys taking the silver US quarters, and replacing them with the "new" composite quarters.  Silver was crazy back then, due to the Hunt Bros. I often wonder if they made anything off those silver quarters?  I was going to college, and lucky to have lunch money!

Even back then, we used to accept reservations for trucks carrying heavy rolled steel.  They had to cross in the 0200-0300 AM time.  We would actually close the bridge to other traffic, till those heavy trucks crossed because of gross weight considerations.  The bridge was 50 yrs old then, now, another 50 years later, I wonder if they still need to do that?   Says a lot about our infrastructure!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.