2022 Mid-Terms - All Races, Polls, and Russian Interference

Big Blitz

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

In any case, the fundamentals point to GOP netting ~30 House seats and 4 senate seats. 

Dems can over perform and still lose both houses. Or squeak out a narrow victory. Or get crushed. We’ll find out tomorrow (or later because some states don’t process mail-in ballots in advance). 

Well said Goose. And the real fundamental is that for some internal polling strategy that I’ll never understand the Democrats refuse to ‘feel the pain’ of the voters. Who’s running things over there, Leslie Frasier? 😉

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The pack of lies will begin as soon as polls close. The right wingers will be screaming lies all the way to hell over this election 

Yup, serve your country and don't be allowed to vote, this is evil 

Billy misspelled sequestered

HARRY OLSEN: My predictions for the 2022 midterm elections.

American politics has been a stalemate between the two parties for nearly 30 years. Every time it looks as though one party gains a lasting upper hand — Democrats after 2008 and 2020, Republicans after 1994 and 2010 — its legislative overreach sends it back to parity.

Tuesday’s midterm elections could be a continuation of that political trench warfare. Inflation, crime, progressive attempts at overreach and a general sense that President Biden is not up to the job will likely deliver a surprisingly large victory to Republicans. I predict the GOP will win the national popular vote by about 5.5 points, likely gaining between 31 and 40 House seats in the process. I also expect it will retake control of the Senate, gaining two to four seats.

But the GOP’s victory could also represent a chance for the United States to finally end its political quagmire. Republicans will gain support in almost every voter demographic, but they will make especially large inroads among Hispanics and middle-income suburbanites. These voters are not yet Republicans, but they increasingly recognize they are not modern Democrats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/11/07/midterm-elections-2022-prediction-house-senate-forecast/

My predictions are more optimistic for Republicans than those of most other prognosticators. The Cook Political Report, for example, predicts the GOP will win between 12 and 25 House seats, and FiveThirtyEight’s model forecasts the Senate as a dead heat. Those estimates and others underestimate the effect of a political truism: Midterms are always a referendum on the president.

• Agree 1

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2022/sep/18/conservative-pacs-ads-seek-to-make-governors-race/

I saw one of these billboards today and was wondering what kind of dumbass would intentionally tie himself to Biden as an election strategy. Obviously no one would do that to themselves. Hilarious. 

For a particular campaign sign that has popped up across Las Vegas as the midterm elections draw near, the message couldn’t be more clear.

At face value, anyway.

It shows President Joe Biden and Gov. Steve Sisolak side-by-side in a chummy fashion, proclaiming them the “Democrat Dream Team for Nevada.”

The catch: It’s not an ad that’s paid for by the Sisolak campaign.

Rather, the ad comes from Better Nevada, a conservative political action committee advocating for Clark County Sheriff Lombardo, the Republican attempting to unseat Sisolak for the state’s highest elective office.