Need your prayers....again....

Melanoma is dangerous when not caught early, but fairly curable when it is caught early. Other kinds of skin cancers are generally more curable and less dangerous. i think the main reason is the tendency of melanoma to metasticize. Your wife should be OK, but we'll pray regardless.

I had it right on my face. They cut it out and it didn't spread. Then after 6 months I went to the plastic surgeon and he made the scar go away with the sue of a laser. That took a few treatments over a year. Now I can't even tell it was there.

I just found out that my wife has skin cancer. She had a dark red, "mole" that was very dry feeling and rough on her back. I made her go to the doctor to get it looked at and we just found out it's cancer. They are going to start treatment today and hopefully it was caught early enough. This board helped me get through the death of my Grandmother while I was deployed to Africa and now I'm scheduled to go to Iraq in August.

Please just keep my wife, Heidi, in your prayers. Thank you.

329111[/snapback]

USMC....

The good thing is that they probably caught it early enough to treat it and there will be no problems......

She will be fine.....JFH

I just found out that my wife has skin cancer. She had a dark red, "mole" that was very dry feeling and rough on her back. I made her go to the doctor to get it looked at and we just found out it's cancer. They are going to start treatment today and hopefully it was caught early enough. This board helped me get through the death of my Grandmother while I was deployed to Africa and now I'm scheduled to go to Iraq in August.

Please just keep my wife, Heidi, in your prayers. Thank you.

329111[/snapback]

I'll keep you and Heidi in my prayers.

Be sure to let us know after the doctors give her the "all's clear."

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. They cut out the first "layer" yesterday. She has a pretty big hole in her back now. Next Thursday they will cut out a "significant amount" of skin from her back. The majic date they are giving us is May 19th. That's when we'll know what our treatment options will be. We'll know exactly what type of cancer it is next Thursday when we go back.

I appreciate very much all the prayers and well wishes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. She's pretty tough so I'm sure she'll be fine.