Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer To Retire

Tiberius

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks…. I will definitely make it a point to. 
So does that mean you’ll take a break from turning every discussion into your personal toilet? Can you give it for Lent? 

Nice deflection - so weak

PS: Stop stalking me. There is a reason why there is a block feature on this site. You are doing exactly what you claim I am doing by turning every thread into your own counseling session. Seek help.

24 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Nice deflection - so weak

PS: Stop stalking me. There is a reason why there is a block feature on this site. You are doing exactly what you claim I am doing by turning every thread into your own counseling session. Seek help.

I’m not stalking you. I comment regularly on this board about all sorts of topics. And if I can block you, then you can also block yourself.  How about you just try for a second to stop the juvenile name calling?  I’m sure even you can do it. 👍

• Eyeroll 1

Senators in a hearing showing and asking questions about a nominees high school yearbook content is completely reasonable.

However....

A cable news host asking about what a nominees LSAT score might have been makes him a disgusting POS.

The insane left, pushing hypocrisy to new heights with each passing day. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

It's incredible to me that we've reached a point in our history where one of the most learned and eminently qualified jurists in this country is unable to articulate answers to predictable, simple questions from the Senate for fear of unintentionally violating the state religion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

When asked her opinion on when life begins she says “I don’t know?”   🤦🏻‍♂️

She also said that she, a woman,  can't define what a woman is because she is not a biologist.

That answer is going to get her in trouble with the lunatic base because it implies that gender is a matter of biological science and not simply a social contruct.

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Well this just took an unexpected turn. LOL. 

Wait a minute! Was that whole Chromosome lesson simply Russian disinformation? I should have skipped school that day. Apparently the judge did! 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Wait a minute! Was that whole Chromosome lesson simply Russian disinformation? I should have skipped school that day. Apparently the judge did!  Where’s Helen Reddy when we need her?

I am Woman…hear me roar! 😂

1 minute ago, John Adams said:

Barrett was highly qualified. Should have been unanimous. 

Jackson is highly qualified. Should be unanimous. 

But people need to march in lock step with party. 

Maybe so, but this is part of the process. If you don’t wanna see the sausage being made, stay out of the kitchen. And to be honest, does it really make any difference whether something is unanimous or not? When these folks are on the court, they’re on the court. It’s all part of the political process. 

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Maybe so, but this is part of the process. If you don’t wanna see the sausage being made, stay out of the kitchen. And to be honest, does it really make any difference whether something is unanimous or not? When these folks are on the court, they’re on the court. It’s all part of the political process. 

What the ***** is wrong with how sausage is made??  

Now if you had mentioned Ortolan you would have had a point.   Actually how it's eaten is weirder than how it's made.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The hearings are fine. Often stupid (pandering if questioner the same party as president, pontificating if not). 

But the vote, if these shrews had spines and took their oaths seriously, should be lopsided in favor of judges who are qualified.

2 minutes ago, John Adams said:

The hearings are fine. Often stupid (pandering if questioner the same party as president, pontificating if not). 

But the vote, if these shrews had spines and took their oaths seriously, should be lopsided in favor of judges who are qualified.

Yes and no. I do a lot of work with public school districts. Superintendents will ALL tell you that they only need to be able to count to three. That’s the number of board member votes they need on every agenda item with a five member Board. Remember, the senators are doing their job in speaking for their constituents. They’re fully aware of how many votes are needed. 

Of course this process is partisan. Always has and always will be.

The disgusting Kavanaugh character assassination circus on the other had was a new low for the partisan left.

What is happening this week is not  in the same universe.