Better team comp - early to mid 2000's Colts?

bigfootindy

16 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Scary accurate comparison. Feel like we will get a Super Bowl in the next 2-3 years with Allen and Diggs still playing great. We are not as far off as people think. Need better luck with injuries, some young talent, to get rid of some players who aren't truly dialed in.

Best of all, the next five years Allen will be 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31. Prime!

Might I suggest no more Thanksgiving Day games. Lost our best defensive player to ACL injuries back to back years in that game.

• Agree 1

Just now, The Firebaugh Kid said:

All the more reason to invest heavily into the offensive line and WR room. 

Agree. To me it's the offensive line that's most needed. If we build that up Philly-style, a WR corps of Diggs, Davis, Shakir, Beasley and Brown plus Knox, Morris, Cook, Motor, Hines, and Gilliam looks pretty good to me. We don't really need McKenzie and Taiwan Jones made too many blunders to keep, IMO.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:46 AM, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

If I get to watch allen have a HoF career and win 1 super bowl, I'd be happy. I'd love for him to win multiple, but I'd absolute take that career path. 

At this point, that's what it's all about for me - the "just one before I die."

I think I had grander ambitions last year, but after the last 2 exits, I'm realizing how hard this is gonna be. The AFC is stacked, and will be stacked for most of Allen's career.  We just have to break out of there one time.

I don't know, guys. This one is close, too: 

Chargers 2004 -> Lost in Wildcard round   //   Bills 2017 -> Lost in Wildcard round

Chargers 2005 -> Missed playoffs  //    Bills 2018 -> Missed playoffs

Chargers 2006 -> Lost in divisional round  //  Bills 2019 -> Lost in Wildcard round

Chargers 2007 -> Went to AFC Championship, lost to NE    //  Bills 2020 -> Went to AFC Championship, lost to KC

Chargers 2008 -> Lost to Pitt in divisional round   //   Bills 2021 -> Lost to KC in divisional round

Chargers 2009 -> Lost in divisional round to Jets   //   Bills 2022 -> Lost in divisional round to Cinnci

Chargers 2010 -> Missed playoffs. // Bills 2023 -> Tune in to find out

Is Sean McDermott closer to Marty S or is he more like Tony Dungy? Is Josh Allen more likely to win a Super Bowl or have 9 children? 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Success said:

At this point, that's what it's all about for me - the "just one before I die."

I think I had grander ambitions last year, but after the last 2 exits, I'm realizing how hard this is gonna be. The AFC is stacked, and will be stacked for most of Allen's career.  We just have to break out of there one time.

Big Ben won 2.  The Steelers beat manning and brady a total of once in those 2 seasons.  Brady knee year was one, and the other was Jake Plummer and the broncos in the AFC championship.  The colts lost to the chargers in one of the other ones. 

There's Herbert, Lawrence, Lamar, Watson, Tua as well... this isn't going to be easy any year.  I do think that instead of prioritizing 1st round byes, and home field advantage, we need to get our team focused and ready for playoffs.  This season was an absolute grind, and it ended up taking its toll.  Lots of stuff happened, major injuries, blizzards, game cancellations, and one of the wonkiest schedules I can remember.  

I think the major takeaway to me is being able to adjust who we are and what we do on both sides of the ball.  This needs to evolve during the year, as well as week to week.  They did this more effectively down the stretch last season and honestly it helped Allen reset and be more prepared for the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.