Say one for Fergy

Say a quick prayer tonite for Joe Ferguson.

Local Buffalo stations are reporting that Joe

is being treated for cancer at a Houston hospital.

I remember Fergy throwing for 5 td's in the Orange Bowl

for the Bills first win there in ages.

It was also Dan Marino's first NFL start.

Say a quick prayer tonite for Joe Ferguson.

Local Buffalo stations are reporting that Joe

is being treated for cancer at a Houston hospital.

I remember Fergy throwing for 5 td's in the Orange Bowl

for the Bills first win there in ages.

It was also Dan Marino's first NFL start.

328889[/snapback]

Wow, what a drag.

Joe Ferguson was, and will always be, my all-time favorite Buffalo Bill. This is truly sad. I have had the opportunity to meet him a few times, well after his playing days were over, and he was nothing but a gentlemen. I hope he makes it through. I have an autographed photo of him hanging over my desk. It was Dennis Shaw (the starter befor Fergy) that got me interested in the Bills as a child (we are both named Dennis, so I related to him), but he was gone shortly thereafter. My love of the Bills really took shape during the Ferguson years. There may have been better, more well liked players in Bills lore, but he, like no other, epitomizes the Buffalo Bills for me. Brilliant at times, brutal at times, but never giving up hope...we often rehash "best" and "worst" trades in Bills history here on the board, but the day Ferguson was given, I mean traded, to the Detroit Lions was one of the most disappointing days of my Bills freak life...

Is it me, or does cancer seem to be popping up everywhere these days? Are they saying what type of cancer he has?

fergy is (and was) da man. i grew up a bills' fan with fergy as our QB. the guy could make you pull your hair out, and he could also thrill the hell out of you. the way he gutted out the SD playoff game in the '80-81 season on one leg was true grit.

fergy to chandler. fergy to butler. fergy to gant. i'll always respect the man.

fergy is (and was) da man. i grew up a bills' fan with fergy as our QB. the guy could make you pull your hair out, and he could also thrill the hell out of you. the way he gutted out the SD playoff game in the '80-81 season on one leg was true grit.

fergy to chandler. fergy to butler. fergy to gant. i'll always respect the man.

Same here man....Get well soon Fergy!!!