Say one for Fergy

My all time favorite Buffalo Bill! And when I think of #12 I still think of him before Jim Kelly.

This is very sad news to me. I pray he will have a quick and full recovery!

I hope this isn't a bad sign:

AP reports former Buffalo Bills QB Joe Ferguson is being treated for cancer at a Houston hospital. Stephanie Dedeaux, spokeswoman for MD Anderson Cancer Center, said Friday that Ferguson was receiving treatment but declined further comment at Ferguson's request.

Does anyone have any "insider" information on Fergy's condition outside the fact he is being treated?

The sad thing is that Joe Ferguson is the Bills QB that people who live outside of WNY don't seem to remember.

I recall that playoff game against San Diego. And wasn't Fergie the quarterback who led the Bills back from 21 down against the Jets the next year in that playoff game at Shea?

My prayers are with you and yours, Joe.

Mike

The sad thing is that Joe Ferguson is the Bills QB that people who live outside of WNY don't seem to remember. 

I recall that playoff game against San Diego.  And wasn't Fergie the quarterback who led the Bills back from 21 down against the Jets the next year in that playoff game at Shea?

My prayers are with you and yours, Joe.

Mike

331021[/snapback]

I'm outside WNY, and I remember them and him well, especially the SD game. My 2nd all time favorite game (although a loss) next to the Houston comeback game.

Get well soon Joe.

I'm outside WNY, and I remember them and him well, especially the SD game. My 2nd all time favorite game (although a loss) next to the Houston comeback game.

Get well soon Joe.

331439[/snapback]

Living outside WNY, that SD game was the first Bills game I ever saw at 10years old. His grit and determination made me a fan for life.

Good luck Joe!

331021[/snapback]

:o I'd say it's less a function of locale and more a function of youth.

Those of us over 35 years of age remember him well.