Poyer

Smith 

Trubisky 

Williams 

Drafted/Undrafted 

Allen 2018 rd 1 #7    (Great Pick)

Basham 2021 rd 2 #61  (Meh, maybe good) 

Bass 2020 rd 6 #188  (Great Pick) 

Boettger 2018 UDFA (Good pickup, all things considering) 

Brown 2021 rd 3 #93 (Good Pick, maybe great)

Bryant 2017 UDFA (Meh) 

Davis 2020 rd 4 #128 (Good Pick, maybe great)

Dawkins 2017 rd 2 #63 (Good Pick, maybe great) 

Dodson 2019 UDFA (Meh pickup)

Doyle 2021 rd 5 #161 (Meh, maybe good) 

Edmunds 2018 rd 1 #16 (Meh) 

Epenesa 2020 rd 2 #54 (Meh, maybe good) 

Ferguson 2016 UDFA (Great Pickup)

Ford 2019 rd 2 #38 (Dumpster fire, maybe meh)

Gilliam 2020 UDFA (Good Pickup) 

Hamlin 2021 rd 6 #212 (Meh)

Jackson 2020 rd 7 #239 (Good Pick) 

Johnson 2019 rd 6 #181 (Meh, maybe good) 

Taron Johnson 2018 rd 4 #121 (Good pick) 

Knox 2019 rd 3 #96 (Good Pick) 

Lewis 2019 UDFA (Meh pickup) 

Milano 2017 rd 5 #163 (Good Pick, maybe great) 

Moss 2020 rd 3 #86 (Dumpster fire, maybe meh) 

Neal 2018 rd 5 #154 (Good Pick) 

Oliver 2019 rd 1 #9 (Maybe good)

Phillips 2018 rd 3 #96 ( Maybe good)

Rousseau 2021 rd 1 #30 (Maybe good) 

Singletary 2019 rd 3 #74 (Good Pick) 

Stevenson2021 rd 6 #203 (Meh) 

Sweeney 2019 rd 7 #228 (Dumpster fire, maybe meh)

Wallace 2018 UDFA (Great Pickup, all things considering)  

White 2017 rd 1 #27 (Great pick) 

Zimmer 2016 UDFA (Good pickup) 

I realize not all of these are Beane picks or signings, but what I do have listed is not really a good showing for Beane. 

I also haven’t mentioned these players. 

Jake Fromm

Isaiah Hodgins 

Vosean Joseph 

Ray Ray McCloud

Austin Proehl 

Rachad Wildgoose 

Jack Anderson 

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

We have not drafted enough high end talent. 

Edmunds rd 1

Basham rd 2

Epenesa rd 2

Ford rd 2

Moss rd 3 

Oliver rd 1 

Rousseau rd 1 

Have all underperformed their draft statuses thus far IMO. Especially Ford and Moss. 

I expect more from Edmunds, Oliver, and Rousseau given their rd 1 status. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Meh... I have supported this team for decades and what we are experiencing now are giddy heights... Even after a devastating loss today

I don’t deny that, but I expect better. I expect super bowls. Now that we have a lot of money tied up into expense under performing FAs and draft picks, drafting is more important than ever. Beane deserves some criticism. 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I don’t deny that, but I expect better. I expect super bowls. Now that we have a lot of money tied up into expense under performing FAs and draft picks, drafting is more important than ever. Beane deserves some criticism. 

yes.. that's fair.... He is not perfect...

However I think you persevere with him another couple years ..

He needs a DE in FA 

• Like (+1) 1

yes.. that's fair.... He is not perfect...

However I think you persevere with him another couple years ..

He needs a DE in FA 

He gave us Addison and Butler (DT) . I’m not exactly excited with his d-line evaluations. I have hope for Rousseau and Oliver, but they need to get better. 

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You shouldn't. That's a ridiculous expectation.

Are you serious? Lol 

• Dislike 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

He gave us Addison and Butler (DT) . I’m not exactly excited with his d-line evaluations. I have hope for Rousseau and Oliver, but they need to get better. 

Yes agree with all that.. plus he needs to get someone younger and better than Addison... Could have been so crucial today if that acquisition had of  occurred instead of signing Mario 

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

How could I not be?

Wanting Super Bowls is not a unrealistic ask as a fan. That’s why we hire these people. Otherwise start looking for someone who can. 

Yes agree with all that.. plus he needs to get someone younger and better than Addison... Could have been so crucial today if that acquisition had of  occurred instead of signing Mario 

I like Beane, he does an ok job, but with so much money on the books, he has to get better or we will not win a super bowl. 

It’s amazing to me whoever is scouting DB talent. They have hit on almost every DB we have drafted, early or late round. It’s the best thing we draft. 

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I like Beane, he does an ok job, but with so much money on the books, he has to get better or we will not win a super bowl. 

yes .. he needs to get better and has made  few bad calls ( and some good ones too before some of you numpties come after me).  

I reckon he can get better though . He is still learning his  craft..... I don't really see anyone else on another team I would prefer to be honest ...

Edited by Aussie Joe

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Wanting Super Bowls is not a unrealistic ask as a fan. That’s why we hire these people. Otherwise start looking for someone who can. 

Wanting Super Bowls is not unrealistic - expecting them is.

Andy Reid is going to the Hall of Fame and it took him 20 years to win one. It took Bill Cowher 14. The list goes on and on and on. It even took Bill Belichick 6.

Expecting to win something that only one of 32 teams can is preposterous. You can expect to be in a position to compete for one, but to expect to win not just one, but plural is insulting to the level of competition the league offers. We will probably get one at some point with Allen and co, and maybe several but it won't be on-demand. The league MVP is going home without a title this year - I bet their fan base is upset. The greatest QB to ever play the game is also going home without a title this year - I bet he's upset too. I bet both of those players have enough respect for how hard it is to win it all that they don't just expect to win because they're great. They know it takes more than that.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We have not drafted enough high end talent. 

Edmunds rd 1

Basham rd 2

Epenesa rd 2

Ford rd 2

Moss rd 3 

Oliver rd 1 

Rousseau rd 1 

Have all underperformed their draft statuses thus far IMO. Especially Ford and Moss. 

I expect more from Edmunds, Oliver, and Rousseau given their rd 1 status. 

Oliver has been great imo.  Ford is a fair point that’s about the only one as fans we really are sure about not being good.  We also have to keep in mind we’re picking much later in rounds than we used to cuz we don’t suck anymore lol it’s a lot harder to find sure things if your first pick is in the bottom half of the round.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Oliver has been great imo.  Ford is a fair point that’s about the only one as fans we really are sure about not being good.  We also have to keep in mind we’re picking much later in rounds than we used to cuz we don’t suck anymore lol it’s a lot harder to find sure things if your first pick is in the bottom half of the round.  

Given were Oliver was drafted, I expect more. Only reason why I didn’t say great. 

5 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I can’t believe the amount of people who don’t remember the drought and the terrible GMs and coaches we had before. You guys want to chase out arguably the best GM/HC combo we’ve ever had

It’s not good enough. While it’s true we had terrible GMs, we shouldn’t settle for slightly above average. We should be striving for elite. 

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.