First 2022/23 schedule leak?

PromoTheRobot

What everyone else has said - plus the NFL plays as many intra-divisional games the last 2 weeks as possible and anyone that follows the schedule should know that.  The last 2 weeks will most likely be 2 games against either the NYJs, Miami, and/or NE.

The NFL has done this for years and it is well established because those games tend to mean more and be closer - so it even gives teams that are out of it or clinched a reason to play.

4 hours ago, mattynh said:

It is way early for this.   Can’t be real

It isn't...dude doesn't understand the difference between who we play for the 17th game versus a game scheduled for week 17

Edited by Big Turk

17 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think the OT (original tweeter) is confusing "the 17th game" with "Week 17".

Lots of us did that last year with WFT, assuming we would be closing the season out against Washington, based on the way an article stated it. He probably got a press release from the NFL confirming "The Bills will play @ LA Rams for the 17th game" and assumed it was week 17.

But it's only that the new "17th game" will be against the Rams, and away in LA. We dont know which week it will be.

Excellent deduction Watson!

Edited by Captain Hindsight

13 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

If true, would be a bummer as Bills would have games against 5 of the remaining 7 (excluding Buffalo) playoff teams and potentially all 4 of the teams in championship games

- Chiefs

- Titans

- Bengals

- Packers

- Rams

I think it's more of a bummer for those teams that have to face the Bills.

On 1/20/2022 at 1:45 PM, Greg S said:

Next year's 17 game schedule has the AFC teams with 8 home games and 9 road games. So if the over-seas game is a "road" game then that is good for the Bills. 8 home games, 8 on the road, and 1 neutral site game.

I agree, it's likely an NFC opponent.

I don't see the Rams or the Bears being the international game given that they were just over there in 2019.  I think the Lions game is the pick if they want to balance the home/away split (8/8/1), or possibly the Vikings if they make the Bills sacrifice a home game.

There are quite a few games on the Bills schedule next year that could be SNF/MNF candidates or 4:25pm doubleheader games (Packers, Chiefs, Ravens, Rams, Titans, Patriots x2) and I don't see any of those going to London.  Europe never gets the "good" games that end up on the schedule.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.