Sunday's Referee John Hussey

BubbaT

20 hours ago, sullim4 said:

Again, the referee is only responsible for the quarterback, kicker, game administration, and replay.  They will occasionally call holding, but that's it.

The umpire and the deep wing officials are a lot more interesting as those officials primarily call holding, illegal contact, and pass interference.  These are the calls that typically impact the game the most.  For Sunday's game, the following officials have been scheduled:

image.thumb.png.c62db8f5731e56b855f4d933e675512a.png

Carl Johnson is the old NFL head of officiating (he was replaced by Riveron who was replaced by Walt Anderson).  Mark Hittner and Rick Patterson have been around forever and are widely considered some of the best at their position.

This is a very good crew that has a lot of experience.

Dang, this is some PH.D level refereeing research! Nice job! 

53 minutes ago, MJS said:

Are refs allowed to have beards? I don't think I've seen a ref with facial hair.

Edit: Found one

AlexBeard.png?w=432&ssl=1

They generally are not, but they are granted an exception during November for "No Shave November" to raise awareness for prostate cancer.

52 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

All I want is for them to call stuff both ways and Im happy.  None of the Tampa Bay bullcrap like the PI not called each way.

Last year during game I was pissed against KC at the level of non calls but after a day I recognized they were extremely even. I can deal with that and hope Buffalo adjust faster to whatever level they are calling.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.