[Entertainment] LOST discussion thread

duey

Did anyone else see the cloud of gnats buzzing around that guy's face?

345697[/snapback]

I was waiting for the banjo music and the guy to say:

"Boy your mouth sure does look mighty pur'ty."

"Now bend over and squeal like a pig'

:lol:

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, don't dismiss that theory completely.  You only heard the one person speak, and who's to say that it wasn't a crew of mixed nationality.

345678[/snapback]

Good point. Also the american was old but the two men and Ethan (although also an american) seemed to be between 18-25. If that women was Alex, she would be 16. It's possible that the younger men were also "taken" (maybe from other wrecks or crashes) and indoctrinated by the old man into the "others" community. That might fit the pirate theory that someone mentioned before.

I was waiting for the banjo music and the guy to say:

"Boy your mouth sure does look mighty pur'ty."

"Now bend over and squeal like a pig'

:lol:

345708[/snapback]

That's exactly what I was thinking. I bet it gets pretty darn lonely over on the other side of the island. :wacko:

There's some really good discussion here. J.Coli, I can actually dig your reading, and I don't think there's a hole based on the 'American' accent. Look at the space shuttle crews. Very plausible.

As discussed a number of times (just in this thread alone), the music is so well done, and adds so much to the show.  I liked the music at the end when they were showing everyone on the plane.

345685[/snapback]

Absoltuely. That music was a great accompaniment to those scenes. Just a very simple, hard pound on the piano keys and the reverberations. It was really beautiful. They employ a full orchestra. And it pays off in the affect.

As Hurley was walking back with the dynamite group, he kept repeating the Numbers. I took this as him invoking them for good luck (they won him the lottery...) and then he finds them on the hatch and if he didn't sense it before, now he knows something is horribly freaky about this place.

Callous remark of the night: "Dude, you've got a piece of Arzt on you."

I wondered if either Jin or Sawyer might have grabbed the side of the "others" boat while Michael was struggling with the men.  I think that  one of them may rescue Walt and help us learn more about the "others" next season.

345645[/snapback]

Great point. I could definitely see that happening.

I definately get the feeling the island is mechanical in nature. Those puffs of smoke when the "monster" appeared. Could the hatch be the entrance to the mechanism that runs the whole island? Also cant remember was it teeth or talons that snatched the pilot out of the fuselage in the fist couple of episodes?

I definately get the feeling the island is mechanical in nature.  Those puffs of smoke when the "monster" appeared.  Could the hatch be the entrance to the mechanism that runs the whole island?  Also cant remember was it teeth or talons that snatched the pilot out of the fuselage in the fist couple of episodes?

346068[/snapback]

It seemed like an awful lot of blood spewage on the cockpit glass to be talons.

Some places are saying that in the scene with the bird, that it was shrieking out "Hurley!" as it was flying off. :lol: Weird stuff, man. Weird stuff. I'll have to pay attention to all of these little things on Saturday night's re-run.

I on the home page - where do I type in 815?

346084[/snapback]

right where it says flight number after that

Click track and than when a chart shows up click on 815

After that a seating chart will show up when it does click seat #'s 4,8,15,16,23,42

Click on the "Track Flight" tab at the top. Under Flight Number type in '815' and press 'Track.' Click on 815 in the first column (there's no arrow that shows up but just click it). A seating chart is shown. At the immediate bottom of it, click on the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 in that order and wait.

Is this a fan-site that put this together as a red herring or is this something actually sanctioned by the producers/creators?

Click on the "Track Flight" tab at the top. Under Flight Number type in '815' and press 'Track.' Click on 815 in the first column (there's no arrow that shows up but just click it). A seating chart is shown. At the immediate bottom of it, click on the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 in that order and wait.

Is this a fan-site that put this together as a red herring or is this something actually sanctioned by the producers/creators?

346095[/snapback]

The Guy who created the show JJ Abrams made the site