Ex Bill Frank Gore to Fight in Tampa Saturday Night

T&C

On 12/17/2021 at 1:44 PM, Gugny said:

This Jake Paul-era of boxing is sad and pathetic.

I was hoping to possibly get back into boxing someday (was an avid fan from the late 70s to the early 90s), but I'm afraid it'll never happen.

Well what you do is recognize this for what it is, a circus tent affair, and either ignore it, or go in knowing it's not ACTUALLY boxing.

I love watching real fights. Watch random fights where I dunno either fighter, and proli will never see them again. Sometimes they're great, sometimes they suck. A ton of great talent out there.

But when I turned these fights on, I go in knowing it's tongue in cheek lol that said there were good real fights sprinkled in the card though.

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

who dived???

Dives the wrong word IMO. staged fits better.

Woodley intentionally dropped one glove, and took a VIOLENT (!!!) right hook KO. You can't fake the way he went down. Punch was real, but he took it intentionally.

Really stupid imo. Woodleys a very likely CTE candidate, and this is likely a nail in that coffin.

Hardest KO I've seen in a long time. I'd sacrifice my body a bit for a good payout.... but im not letting that happen TO MY BRAIN for any $$$

• Disagree 4
  • Agree 1

This was an exhibition for sure not boxing. Was shocked to see Gore get bullied though. Lol like an older brother fight

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=457134209103984&id=100044222270071&m_entstream_source=feed_mobile

(Sorry I know fb links aren't accessible for everyone but the only link I already had)

Edited by BillsShredder83

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Well what you do is recognize this for what it is, a circus tent affair, and either ignore it, or go in knowing it's not ACTUALLY boxing.

I love watching real fights. Watch random fights where I dunno either fighter, and proli will never see them again. Sometimes they're great, sometimes they suck. A ton of great talent out there.

But when I turned these fights on, I go in knowing it's tongue in cheek lol that said there were good real fights sprinkled in the card though.

Woodley intentionally dropped one glove, and took a VIOLENT (!!!) right hook KO. You can't fake the way he went down. Punch was real, but he took it intentionally.

Really stupid imo. Woodleys a very likely CTE candidate, and this is likely a nail in that coffin.

Hardest KO I've seen in a long time. I'd sacrifice my body a bit for a good payout.... but im not letting that happen TO MY BRAIN for any $$$

I was thinking the same thing.  Talk about a half a***d block.  Devastating punch though.  Just not sure how he could get such a punch through the D.  Woodley probably got paid double the $ from last fight.  I’d like to see him vs Jorge or Nate

52 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Talk about a half a***d block.  Devastating punch though.  Just not sure how he could get such a punch through the D.  Woodley probably got paid double the $ from last fight.  I’d like to see him vs Jorge or Nate

Why can't he fight an actual boxer instead of UFC guys 15 years older than him. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Woodley got paid to take a k.o without Jake even knowing but ya it's a circus and it's just a shame that there are way more talented pro boxers that get little to no recognition and very little money while these amateurs are making millions.  Who buys this crap anyway? Mind boggling 🤷‍♂️

On 12/17/2021 at 1:44 PM, Gugny said:

This Jake Paul-era of boxing is sad and pathetic.

I was hoping to possibly get back into boxing someday (was an avid fan from the late 70s to the early 90s), but I'm afraid it'll never happen.

I'm younger but enjoyed boxing as a teen.  I suggest getting into MMA. It's great,  so exciting. The best mostly fight the best , unlike boxing nowadays. 

11 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Why can't he fight an actual boxer instead of UFC guys 15 years older than him. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Woodley got paid to take a k.o without Jake even knowing but ya it's a circus and it's just a shame that there are way more talented pro boxers that get little to no recognition and very little money while these amateurs are making millions.  Who buys this crap anyway? Mind boggling 🤷‍♂️

No clue who buys it.  It’s 2021.  Watch for free.  

regarding not fighting boxers, if it’s not broke, don’t fix it.  He’s accomplishing exactly what he wants.  He’s getting PAID, his brand continues to grow and he’s improving as a boxer.  For a YT multimillionaire to decide to take up boxing and do what he’s doing is pretty impressive if you ask me.  Yeah, he’s a db, but game recognizes game.  He’s doing his thing.  I’m not gonna hate on it.  He’s a fairly skilled amateur boxer that is getting a bunch of people paid.  I don’t see what’s wrong with what he’s doing.  

if you don’t like it, don’t watch it.  But to ask why he doesn’t fight pro boxers….. the answer is simple.  Because I he doesn’t have a to in order to achieve his current goal, which is to make money, build brand and improve.  If he decides to make it becoming a legit boxer, your question comes into play

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

No clue who buys it.  It’s 2021.  Watch for free.  

regarding not fighting boxers, if it’s not broke, don’t fix it.  He’s accomplishing exactly what he wants.  He’s getting PAID, his brand continues to grow and he’s improving as a boxer.  For a YT multimillionaire to decide to take up boxing and do what he’s doing is pretty impressive if you ask me.  Yeah, he’s a db, but game recognizes game.  He’s doing his thing.  I’m not gonna hate on it.  He’s a fairly skilled amateur boxer that is getting a bunch of people paid.  I don’t see what’s wrong with what he’s doing.  

if you don’t like it, don’t watch it.  But to ask why he doesn’t fight pro boxers….. the answer is simple.  Because I he doesn’t have a to in order to achieve his current goal, which is to make money, build brand and improve.  If he decides to make it becoming a legit boxer, your question comes into play

I'm no hater. I admire his hustle,  just as a combat sport fan I hate these events.  So many great matchups can be promoted in the boxing world and we get these amateur hour fighters and events thrown in our face and marketed instead 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm no hater. I admire his hustle,  just as a combat sport fan I hate these events.  So many great matchups can be promoted in the boxing world and we get these amateur hour fighters and events thrown in our face and marketed instead 

Go ahead and do it yourself then

Truth is there is a market for these other types of matchups (former well known athletes, youtubers) and outside of the top 2 boxers fighting each other,  it may very well be a bigger market

these 2 fights were well more talked about than the real boxers on the card

26 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Idk man….it’s not like they would be throwing other fights at you or Paul wasn’t doing his thing.  It’s just on top of the regular scheduled programming.  

7 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

That’s totally false. You have to remember Woodley is a novice boxer. Paul set em up to think he was going to the body. He kept looking down before he went to the body all fight and I’m sure Woodley took notice. Each time Woodley saw Paul’s eyes drop and him load up he would block the body shot it and it worked over and over. Well this time Paul set em up by looking down and starting off as if a body shot was coming…worked perfectly. Woodley got fooled and went to block the body shot and here comes a vicious over hand right.

If he was gonna be part of a fight fix….NO WAY that’s how he goes about it. Everyone’s seen what happened to Nate Robinson. 500k is not enough for an ex champ with plenty pride and heart to risk going out like Nate Robinson. That’s exactly what happened to him but it’s cause it really happened not cause it was staged.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, StHustle said:

That’s totally false. You have to remember Woodley is a novice boxer. Paul set em up to think he was going to the body. He kept looking down before he went to the body all fight and I’m sure Woodley took notice. Each time Woodley saw Paul’s eyes drop and him load up he would block the body shot it and it worked over and over. Well this time Paul set em up by looking down and starting off as if a body shot was coming…worked perfectly. Woodley got fooled and went to block the body shot and here comes a vicious over hand right.

If he was gonna be part of a fight fix….NO WAY that’s how he goes about it. Everyone’s seen what happened to Nate Robinson. 500k is not enough for an ex champ with plenty pride and heart to risk going out like Nate Robinson. That’s exactly what happened to him but it’s cause it really happened not cause it was staged.

I keep hearing that narrative but truth is you're not setting up a KO, with 4 body shots. I've never seen less production from 2 fighters, EVER. Through 5 rounds neither has landed more than 2-3 clean shots.

I get the body shot thought, but look at the position his arm is in when it comes down. In no way did it resemble a block. Arm straight, way away from the body.  A block is gunna be a flexed arm, with the elbow tight to the body. That wasn't blocking anything 

You don't setup play action in the 3rd quarter, off of 2-3 runs. 

Also, that glove twist right before the punch was exposed, looked extremely suspect especially after a fight, with no fighting.

Pride and heart issue? Woodleys spoke very openly about blowing through all his money. He said he went nuts on jewelry, take 20 friends out to expensive dinners, VIP bottle services. 7 cars. 2 houses.

Hes got high alimony and child support out there. Pride? He got that d-bags name tattooed on him for a 2nd fight to make a few 100k in purse money.

He ate that punch on purpose. Paul figured if I gotta pay this dude to take a punch, I'm getting my moneys worth LOL

Edited by BillsShredder83

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.