How would you FIX the Bills?

PatsFanNH

Karlos Williams is still only 28... It's an outside the box idea, McDermott is exactly the type of coach he'd need.

I mean Devonta Freeman is good again after looking totally washed on 3 teams, Karlos looked like he could've been something special for a moment there.

I'm not saying this is "the fix", I'm just saying maybe kick the tires, bring him in for tryout, see if he's put his issues behind him. Everybody deserves a second chance.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

They should bench the two struggling backs, Moss and Singletary and start Matt Breida &  Antonio Williams in the backfield. Can you imagine this 1-2 punch? A speedster and a bruiser, must be nice..

This OL is not built to man block A-B-C gap plays ever. So factor in the lack of speed from Moss & Singletary and you're done. I wanted Breida to be at least considered as a week 1 starter but Sean and all his infinite offensive wisdom felt otherwise. Breida should never have sat all those weeks. I also like the idea of giving Williams some snaps. McClap is stubborn and he'll never do it.

• Like (+1) 1

1. First, throw out the game film from last week's loss. While the game certainly demonstrated areas where the team needs to improve, it was also an abomination that always seems to happen to the team once a year, where EVERY aspect of the team from coaching, offense, defense, and special teams is abysmal. Let's not dwell on it and "over-correct" things that are not truly broken.

2. With the struggles of the OL and the tendency of teams to take away the deep shot via cover-2, etc. the game plan absolutely must be for the ball to come out of Josh's hand faster.  He and Dabs should take a page out of the Bucs' playbook on Monday night when Brady was getting rid of the ball < 2 seconds. If the ball comes out of Josh's hand quickly, it will also help with YAC for Beasley, Diggs, Sanders, Knox, the backs etc.

3. A "traditional" running game may not be in the cards for the Bills, but there is still much that they can do with the personnel that they have. Especially with Josh's great ball handling skills. Sweeps, reverses, fake reverses, QB draws, etc. to go along with the typical RB rushes. The team did much of this against the Jets with a great deal of success.

4. Going back to #1 above, I don't want to beat up on Frazier and the defense too much. Defense needs to be smarter about figuring out when to drop into coverage and when to crowd the line of scrimmage. That doesn't necessarily mean switching up personnel all the time.

5. Cut down on penalties. Those were a huge detriment in each of the last 2 losses. Not sure how to best resolve this, other than to hold offending players accountable in practice.

6. Get back to the "us against the world" mindset rather than believing all of the hype.

7. Along the lines of #6 above, gather a true sense of physical and mental toughness. In 2020 and even more so in 2019, the team did a great job overcoming deficits and pulling out victories in tight games against tough teams. That hasn't happened this year. When they get down in games, it seems like they panic and lose confidence. Coaches throw around the term "bully" rather easily it seems, but my definition of a "bully" is not one with a positive connotation. To me a bully is someone who beats up on someone that he feels confident he can handle -- but wilts when someone stands up to him. In that respect, I do believe that these Bills may have an air of being a bully, as they do dominate the bottom feeders -- but have struggled against tougher competition (Steelers and Colts) as well as a team that didn't back down (Jags). It's time that they become a team that is confident and tough -- willing to take on all comers and not crumble at the first appearance of adversity!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.