What the Ravens loss (and many other bad losses) should teach us

BillsFan619

3 minutes ago, Sweats said:

It wasn't so much that the Bills lost to the Jags....it was the fact that they only scored 2 FG's.

If the Bills came to play and fought hard all day and lost, i can live with that, but when the O didn't even show up, i have issues with this. The Jags players were saying it was as if the Bills had zero interest in even being their, let alone play. They should be ashamed and embarrassed of themselves.

Last week on the radio, Eric Wood directly addressed the theory that Bills players just didn't care about the game or whatever.  

He was personally contacting current players whom he is chummy with and getting the real feel of what was going on.  He said it's total rubbish to suggest the players were somehow tuned out of the game.

For some reasons fans always feel a need to generate psychologically oriented story lines to explain sports outcomes.

Sometimes 2 teams match up a certain way and a better team loses to the worse team.  ***** happens.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Last week on the radio, Eric Wood directly addressed the theory that Bills players just didn't care about the game or whatever.  

He was personally contacting current players whom he is chummy with and getting the real feel of what was going on.  He said it's total rubbish to suggest the players were somehow tuned out of the game.

For some reasons fans always feel a need to generate psychologically oriented story lines to explain sports outcomes.

Sometimes 2 teams match up a certain way and a better team loses to the worse team.  ***** happens.

Yeah.....and sometimes teams just don't show up..........**** happens

2 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Yeah.....and sometimes teams just don't show up..........**** happens

I don't believe it is a case of the Bills not showing up. It's a case of the Bills offense having legitimate issues. The first half the week prior against the Dolphins was essentially the entire game against the Jags. I'm not confident this offense has fixed it's issues even after today's game but my concerns have nothing to do with effort. 

Unfortunately one of the teams that looks like it is getting better each week right now is the Patriots. But almost all of the other contending AFC teams has put up multiple ugly games where they were favorites. Despite their record and victory against us, the Titans actually don't concern me nearly as much as the Patriots do.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I don't believe it is a case of the Bills not showing up. It's a case of the Bills offense having legitimate issues. The first half the week prior against the Dolphins was essentially the entire game against the Jags. I'm not confident this offense has fixed it's issues even after today's game but my concerns have nothing to do with effort. 

We will see against the Colts.  The colts have a decent D,  nothing great but not bad.   Frank Reich too, can't be overlooked.  I really think Wentz is a non factor, I want to see him have the worst game of his career next week vs our D..

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Unfortunately one of the teams that looks like it is getting better each week right now is the Patriots. But almost all of the other contending AFC teams has put up multiple ugly games where they were favorites. Despite their record and victory against us, the Titans actually don't concern me nearly as much as the Patriots do.

The Patriots could be just a aberration, after they play Titans we will see how they truly stack up to real AFC competition.  

12 hours ago, Sweats said:

It wasn't so much that the Bills lost to the Jags....it was the fact that they only scored 2 FG's.

If the Bills came to play and fought hard all day and lost, i can live with that, but when the O didn't even show up, i have issues with this. The Jags players were saying it was as if the Bills had zero interest in even being their, let alone play. They should be ashamed and embarrassed of themselves.

how do you know they did not fight hard.   We don't give credit to the opponent.  The other Josh Allen played fantastic and had the game of his career.  Our OL was terrible and was a jail break all the time.   Their defense has continued to play very well into this week.  

NFL teams such as the Bills fight really hard...some times too hard.

On 11/12/2021 at 6:35 PM, Reks Ryan said:

I am expecting the Bills to turn it around.  But I don't think the comp to mid-November 2020 proves this point.    The 2020 Bills only lost 1 game after the Oct 19th week 6 loss to KC, and that was the last second hail mary.

In 2020 the team started rolling in November.   Nov 1st Beat NE, first for McD over Belichick and for me one the best victories for the Bills in the last 20 years.  Nov 8th put up 44 on the Seahawks.  At that point last year they  were already well on their way to becoming an AFC powerhouse. 

The Fitz game you site, was 2019.  The Bills put up 56 with their backups against the Fish in the home game last year. 

The point is that the 2nd half of 2021 is unwritten. Up until now though as compared to last year this time, the points are comparable and while record is not as good, i think the team is in better shape, but im not going to rehash that.

The fitz game was not 2019. It was 2020 (1st game @ Miami. Fitzpatrick took the lead in the 4th Quarter. Luckily we held on through Josh Allen's 2 TDs late in the 4th.

image.thumb.png.ffdf43af4e101e81777705344233ae3b.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.