Patriots release OLman James Ferentz

BuffaloMatt

I was at the game in the awful city of Jacksonville. I can say with some level of confidence that any o-lineman with NFL experience would be an upgrade to the garbage line we have now. I don’t care about injuries. Every team deals with injuries. Next man up can’t be a turnstile and be the main reason we couldn’t score a single TD against the ***** Jags. 

35 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

How are you sure of this?  Why did the Pats* release him?  

They released him because he stinks.  I just don’t think he’s the worst guard in the league.  I do think Cody Ford is the worst guard in the league.   Some players are better scheme/teams fits than others.  We know for sure that 74 doesn’t belong on this team.  We know he’s a supreme liability.  Ferentz might be a liability as well….. we just don’t know it as a fact.

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

They released him because he stinks.  I just don’t think he’s the worst guard in the league.  I do think Cody Ford is the worst guard in the league.   Some players are better scheme/teams fits than others.  We know for sure that 74 doesn’t belong on this team.  We know he’s a supreme liability.  Ferentz might be a liability as well….. we just don’t know it as a fact.

If Ferentz stinks as bad as Ford then we are better off with our own stinky player, at least knows he  already knows the playbook. 

Edited by Bob in STL

Just now, NewEra said:

We don’t know that he’s as bad as Ford……that’s the point.  

The point is we don’t know but the Bills coaches and front office staff probably think that they do.  

If Spencer Brown can’t go, then I prefer they try either Jamal Williams or Ryan Bates at RG over Ford.   They are already on the team, they know the playbook and the line calls.  If we picked up Ferentz tonight he would not even be ready to play Sunday anyway.  

3 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

The point is we don’t know but the Bills coaches and front office staff probably think that they do.  

If Spencer Brown can’t go, then I prefer they try either Jamal Williams or Ryan Bates at RG over Ford.   They are already on the team, they know the playbook and the line calls.  If we picked up Ferentz tonight he would not even be ready to play Sunday anyway.  

Yeah….that’s why we didn’t pick up Fells.  They think Sweeney is better than Fells.  I’d have to disagree with their assessment.  

agree regarding Bates or Douglas (not Williams).  And if Brown plays and Williams plays RG, I’d rather see Bates or Douglas in there for boettger.  I thought I liked Ike.  Then I really started to watch him play.  I’d rather have a different backup.  Let’s see if either of these guys are better.imo

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.