Time to adjust our expectations

damj

Losing to the Jags shows that we can lose to anyone. It's time to adjust our expectations.

We're 3 games out of the lead for first in conference.

1/2 game ahead of NE for the division.

Within 1 game of 7 teams in the mix for 3 play-off spots.

We'll probably drop more games we should win. We need to focus on winning the division and making the play-offs and hope that  figure something out by the play-offs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

You're right of course.  My expectation at this point is that they'll drop both Pats games and if they're lucky, split with the Jets. 

Like I said yesterday, we might back into the playoffs like we did when we broke the drought but this team isn't built for playoff football.  Hell, they're not built to beat the worst teams in the league.

I was pissed enough about the game itself but seeing the Jags player comments about the Bills not seeming to have any heart or care if they won or lost just chapped my azz.  That's 'culture' and maybe clappy mcidiot should focus on winning games and not whatever smooth brained notion of 'culture' he's been pushing.  They are soft, and lack discipline.  The O-Line doesn't seem to care if Allen gets killed or not. What's the story there?  Did he piss them off somehow, or are they really a JV group of players?  I'm sick and tired of seeing Allen get wrecked and a bunch of O-Lineman standing around with pristine jerseys and no DL around them. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

I had us down for 11 wins this year.  A slight regression from last season, but i figured they would still win the AFC East.  It's all still on the table.

The SuperBowl winning recipe is to be playing your best football in the final 6-7 weeks and into the playoffs.  So right now, the Bills are suffering through adversity. Hopefully they pull out of it.  But yes, now they are in a dogfight to win the division and even get in. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

im paying much, much more attention to draft now after yesterdays embarrassing debacle.  The past 20 years, I was very into draft by week 3.  This year it took 8 weeks for me to look to next year

Yup.  Can't wait to see what DEs we take in 1st 3 rounds

2 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Time to adjust expectations was after week 1 loss to Pitt. Only thing to adjust now is your clock if you haven't already done so.

Yes, that was an ugly loss, but they seemed to have responded until the Tennessee game. Then the slow start against the Dolphins, now this game.

Maybe you're right ... maybe we crushed a few weak teams, started to believe the hype and now we're paying for it

Just looking at next week. 

Browns at Pats

Bills at Jets

Cleveland is rolling now so I think there is a good chance they go into NE and get a win. If the Bills can pull their heads out of their asses they SHOULD win at MetLife. Of course they should have won yesterday as well. Hopefully the Bills team that showed up at Arrowhead will be the one that shows up at MetLife.

• Agree 1

I think the biggest frustration is this season may be one of the best windows of opportunity to win the title.

The stars are aligned for the Bills for this season. AFC as a whole appears to be weak. Threats like Chiefs and Patriots are minimal this season. Ravens are very beatable. Titans without Henry is a huge opportunity to stack wins. Cupcake schedule and weak division is significant.

Going into this season and trade deadline every fan knew the pass rush had to improve and that the offensive line was a liability.

A top 5 quarterback and a top 5 defense with all of the stars aligned rarely happens.

Yet, we are pissing away and not living to the potential and promise shown the previous two seasons.

And, going into future seasons, Allen’s cap # and the lack of developing cheap drafted talent around him is going to make it hard to build that offensive line.

This season was the season to go all-in and correct, fix, and grow the offensive line now and going forward to learn if this is a line issue, running back issue, or coaching issue.

The problem is it is all three and our perfectly aligned stars of opportunity this season are being wasted away. Frustrating!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Just looking at next week. 

Browns at Pats

Bills at Jets

Cleveland is rolling now so I think there is a good chance they go into NE and get a win. If the Bills can pull their heads out of their asses they SHOULD win at MetLife. Of course they should have won yesterday as well. Hopefully the Bills team that showed up at Arrowhead will be the one that shows up at MetLife.

Jets DL gonna feast.  when does it make sense to start someone else at QB so we dont destroy the $240m man/

9 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Super bowl last week, backing into the playoffs at best this week.

Gotta love this place. It's one game, all NFL Teams are talented. 

That's what you take away from this?  that the Bills just got 'any given sunday'd?

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

Jets DL gonna feast.  when does it make sense to start someone else at QB so we dont destroy the $240m man/

That is a problem. If and its a big if the Bills OL can give Allen some time to throw then the Bills WR's will feast on a horrible Jets secondary.

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

That's what you take away from this?  that the Bills just got 'any given sunday'd?

It's a horrible loss I agree but I do think the overreaction on the board is a bit much. I'd wait and see how the team responds against the Jets before I started on my mock drafts. That's all I'm saying. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

That is a problem. If and its a big if the Bills OL can give Allen some time to throw then the Bills WR's will feast on a horrible Jets secondary.

Yup.  it all comes down to Bills OL.  Recent history suggest they are not up to the task

Just now, Southern_Bills said:

It's a horrible loss I agree but I do think the overreaction on the board is a bit much. I'd wait and see how the team responds against the Jets before I started on my mock drafts. That's all I'm saying. 

So let's just say that the Bills get their act together and squeak out a win against a bottom feeding team.  Will you feel better about them then? 

5 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Yup.  it all comes down to Bills OL.  Recent history suggest they are not up to the task

The offense did play well at KC and TEN. If we get that offense this week then the Bills will leave MetLife with a win. I feel pretty confident the Bills D will keep the Jets offense in check and it doesn't matter if its White or Wilson.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.