CFP committee rankings

YoloinOhio

17 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

What a game that was for you to be at.

I can only imagine how it must have felt in that stadium after that Oklahoma QB got that 50+ yard run with under a minute to go. 

Roller coaster game for sure. I thought we had won the game when we sacked Williams with 1:40 to play. Then after a 3 and out burning their timeouts, then that run... I was about to get sick thinking "Here we go again." I've seen SO MANY Bedlam games where a better OSU team blows it against OU (2010, 2013, 2017). It was nice to see the Cowboys shut the OU offense from scoring a point in the 2nd half. 

The 24 first half points tied the most points they allowed all season. 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

ND will also play Lincoln Riley’s usc team next year 

I didn't list this game, because Notre Dame & USC play each other all the time.

Still that does make it more intriguing. If Riley can turn the Trojans around that fast.

7 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

It does. It's better than nothing! ;) 

Good, now let's talk about Alabama's schedule in 2022.

They play Texas in Austin, that should be fun. But the rest.....Utah State?.....Louisiana-Monroe?.....Austin Peay?!

To be fair, I'm not thrilled with Michigan's non-conference opponents next year. Colorado State, Hawaii & Connecticut.

7 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Good, now let's talk about Alabama's schedule in 2022.

They play Texas in Austin, that should be fun. But the rest.....Utah State?.....Louisiana-Monroe?.....Austin Peay?!

To be fair, I'm not thrilled with Michigan's non-conference opponents next year. Colorado State, Hawaii & Connecticut.

C'mon MV! 

They also face :

Arkansas

Texas A&M

An improving Tennessee

Miss. St.

LSU

Ole Miss

Auburn

I think that their schedule is as rough or worse than that of any team in the Big 10, possibly by far but please; tell me if you think I'm wrong. :) 

40 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

C'mon MV! 

They also face :

Arkansas

Texas A&M

An improving Tennessee

Miss. St.

LSU

Ole Miss

Auburn

I think that their schedule is as rough or worse than that of any team in the Big 10, possibly by far but please; tell me if you think I'm wrong. :) 

I don't count conference games, because that's who teams primarily face all the time. As for Tennessee, they've been improving for the last 10-15 years. I'll believe it when I see the Volunteers win a real big game.

Also, I have said numerous times that the SEC is the premiere conference in college football, and I still say that.

I just roll my eyes when a team like Alabama has a game scheduled against Austin Peay in November. To be fair, Alabama is not the only school that does this. There are a few schools in the SEC that do this exact same thing. We saw both Florida and Georgia play cupcakes in November this year. Why, I don't know.

Overall, Alabama does have a tough schedule, and it's not their fault that the other SEC teams are unable to compete with them as much.

I like to focus on the Non-Conference games, because it shows me that a team does not duck tough opponents. Which is why I like that Alabama plays Texas next year. I dislike that both Louisiana-Monroe & Austin Peay are there, when Utah State is already on the list. That's three layups, and I think that two is enough, especially when the season has started. Just my opinion.

Finally @Bill from NYC & @ArdmoreRyno, the Crimson Tide & Cowboys face each other in 2028 & 2029.

28 in Stillwater, 29 in Tuscaloosa. You two can settle your differences then. B-)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/2/2021 at 8:08 PM, Mark Vader said:

I don't count conference games, because that's who teams primarily face all the time. As for Tennessee, they've been improving for the last 10-15 years. I'll believe it when I see the Volunteers win a real big game.

Also, I have said numerous times that the SEC is the premiere conference in college football, and I still say that.

I just roll my eyes when a team like Alabama has a game scheduled against Austin Peay in November. To be fair, Alabama is not the only school that does this. There are a few schools in the SEC that do this exact same thing. We saw both Florida and Georgia play cupcakes in November this year. Why, I don't know.

Overall, Alabama does have a tough schedule, and it's not their fault that the other SEC teams are unable to compete with them as much.

I like to focus on the Non-Conference games, because it shows me that a team does not duck tough opponents. Which is why I like that Alabama plays Texas next year. I dislike that both Louisiana-Monroe & Austin Peay are there, when Utah State is already on the list. That's three layups, and I think that two is enough, especially when the season has started. Just my opinion.

Finally @Bill from NYC & @ArdmoreRyno, the Crimson Tide & Cowboys face each other in 2028 & 2029.

28 in Stillwater, 29 in Tuscaloosa. You two can settle your differences then. B-)

My sincere congrats to both you and U Mich. To get to where they are now was quite the accomplishment. I always kinda liked Harbaugh. I remember him as a player and he is one of the toughest guys I ever saw play. He can probably kick the asses of half of his team, even at his age.

I do readily admit that I hope that Alabama gets the #1 seed. I am not 100% convinced that they are the best team, but I think that they deserve it after beating UGA somewhat handily. I think Mich/Georgia would be a GREAT game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That was a fun Saturday. I am a little curious about the Oklahoma State talk, and was wondering if anyone had insight. I’ve read several articles mentioning they just missed out on a CFP spot. If the other results remained the same, who would they jump in the rankings? I don’t see how OK State would have gotten in without a Bama, Michigan, or Cincy loss. 

43 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

That was a fun Saturday. I am a little curious about the Oklahoma State talk, and was wondering if anyone had insight. I’ve read several articles mentioning they just missed out on a CFP spot. If the other results remained the same, who would they jump in the rankings? I don’t see how OK State would have gotten in without a Bama, Michigan, or Cincy loss. 

It would be up to the committee to decide if they felt that they were better than Cincy, despite the records. I suppose ND would also be pulled into that conversation.

If it went strictly by records, Cincy would be the #1 team, no?

I think that if Oklahoma State would have destroyed Baylor they would have received serious consideration. A last second win? I am less sure.

As always, JMO.

Edited by Bill from NYC

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

My sincere congrats to both you and U Mich. To get to where they are now was quite the accomplishment. I always kinda liked Harbaugh. I remember him as a player and he is one of the toughest guys I ever saw play. He can probably kick the asses of half of his team, even at his age.

I do readily admit that I hope that Alabama gets the #1 seed. I am not 100% convinced that they are the best team, but I think that they deserve it after beating UGA somewhat handily. I think Mich/Georgia would be a GREAT game.

Bama, Michigan, UGA, Cincy should be the order. Think that is just, moreover, it would give one the most enjoyable playoff match ups.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Bama, Michigan, UGA, Cincy should be the order. Think that is just, moreover, it would give one the most enjoyable playoff match ups.

That's the way I see it. I think Michigan could make an arguement for #1 but Bama gets it and the committee doesn't want to see an Alabama-Georgia rematch in the round of 4.

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/5/2021 at 11:39 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Insider info is Ohio state is offering 2mill and ok state is offering 1.2. This is coming from Knowles girlfriend (don’t ask)

I pray we math it. I know Gundy is trying to get a deal done and the players have all been on social media trying to campaign to pay the man. 

We return 8 starters off that defense... which you're not going to convince me, it might be the best in the country. After they only allowed 21 points to Baylor, 0 in the 2nd half... while our QB was giving the Bears 37 yards, 11 yard, 50 yard drives due to turnovers. The defense stepped up in a HUGE way in the 2nd half in Bedlam and the Big XII title game. 0 points allowed in both in the 2nd half. 

I worry we'd lose players to the portal if Knowles leaves 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.