Anyone Have This Frustration With The Titans Game

corta765

22 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I think the biggest frustration with this team is that they look they are certainly built to be successful in the regular season, but not built to win in the playoffs because of their glaring weakness in the trenches.

And if we do get bounced early in the playoffs and/or not reach the SB again this year Beane is going to have to understand that big time changes are needed and not simply believe that 'continuity' will magically change things.

Big time changes are not needed but as you stated a few improvements in the trenches are needed. The middle of the OL and and middle of the DL needs a dominant and talented beast.  

31 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The Titans are very good talented team but their team is focused a certain way. Their two losses in the playoffs the last two years happened when the Chiefs offense got going and Henry was held in check long enough to make the lead untouchable. The loss to the Ravens was a team who could match their style and physicality. Buffalo can do what the Chiefs did and were basically a 4th down stop/FG turned into TD from doing so. I think that is what is kinda their undoing is the fact they have certain brand and if it doesn't work it stymies them.

I agree. But their brand of football can cause teams issues and they are not a bunch of scrubs. Which was my point.

43 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree. But their brand of football can cause teams issues and they are not a bunch of scrubs. Which was my point.

Oh yea agree 100% it was why I was annoyed with our fans coming in thinking it would be some cakewalk, they were no joke.

30 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Oh yea agree 100% it was why I was annoyed with our fans coming in thinking it would be some cakewalk, they were no joke.

It wasn't just fans... WGR leading up had our radio personalities like Chris Brown thinking it would be a beat down.  

I'm not too worried about playing them again if we see them in the Playoffs (It took the Titans A game vs the Bills C game to win a 50/50 game in the end), but they are a good team with a tough style to play against.  Never understood the mentality that we would just massacre them. 

You could tell that they came out to prove a point.  That game was incredibly physical and the intensity was certainly ramped up much higher than the couple other times i've watched them play this year. 

21 hours ago, Steptide said:

With the cards game , we still to this day see the hail Mary highlight pretty frequently. With this game Monday , you're really not gonna see much outside of Henry's long to run and that will only be temporary 

Hell man, you could honestly make a bronze statue of that catch and pop in front of Canton at this phase. If you remove the mental image of it being our team it really sums up NFL football very well. 

f96ed19a-a6e2-4969-a736-19f3e4ce3442-USP

GTY-1285869245-e1605529763679.jpg?w=1000

I thought this loss was extremely frustrating and it really hurt! 

We were in a golden position to win the game and had to execute, simple as that.

And we failed to do it.  Simple as that.

It's tough to take!  

Onto the next one though.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.