Thank you President Biden

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Unemployment down from 6.3% to 4.8% since he took office.

Stock market continues to set records.

Most jobs created by any president in history over the first eight months of taking office.

Delivered on promise to remove all troops from Afghanistan.

189 million fully vaccinated Americans.

Passed a provision in the rescue plan that no one must spend more than 8.5% of what they earn on health insurance premiums.

Point by point- unemployment is down mainly to people not looking anymore- the labor participation rate is at its lowest since the mid 70's

Stock market is rising high off of govt money, so if that is all you need than Trump gets the credit.

Most jobs created because liberals shuttered the most jobs. The vast majority of those jobs were simply ones they had stopped. 

Afghanistan was a mess and a disgrace but we are out.

Over a million Americans were vaccinated per day at the end of the Trump presidency, 189 seems like a small goal but ok.

Insurance premiums do not discuss deductibles so the law simply moves it from one pot to another. 

All in all it seems you are impressed easily. You must have thought Trump was the greatest president ever if you are impressed by Biden.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Point by point- unemployment is down mainly to people not looking anymore- the labor participation rate is at its lowest since the mid 70's

Stock market is rising high off of govt money, so if that is all you need than Trump gets the credit.

Most jobs created because liberals shuttered the most jobs. The vast majority of those jobs were simply ones they had stopped. 

Over a million Americans were vaccinated per day at the end of the Trump presidency, 189 seems like a small goal but ok.

Insurance premiums do not discuss deductibles so the law simply moves it from one pot to another. 

All in all it seems you are impressed easily. You must have thought Trump was the greatest president ever if you are impressed by Biden.

You and I actually agree about the stock market being on a treasury sugar high (at least to a certain extent; I think there are multiple catalysts for growth, but that’s a different conversation for a different time.) “Crediting” Trump for that, though, is where we part ways.  The national debt exploded under that fool.  And that’s without 9/11 (Bush) or the Great Recession (Obama) demanding increased government spending.  Trump’s income tax cuts principally benefitted the rich—not, with respect, the vast majority of the people who read this, judging by their grammatical skills—and, at the same time, he spent wantonly and indeliberately.  I don’t know what conservative means these days, but I struggle with how one could conclude that conservative principles are consistent with his fiscal  . . . approach. 

I suspect the indicators and statistics will show the economy is close or already in recession and the stock market is mis-pricing the impact of inflation and a contracting economy.  One thing masking this is that about 20 to 25 large cap companies represent the majority of the market's capitalization.  Watch these big cap stocks closely.  When they start to break down that is a signal.

47 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I suspect the indicators and statistics will show the economy is close or already in recession and the stock market is mis-pricing the impact of inflation and a contracting economy.  One thing masking this is that about 20 to 25 large cap companies represent the majority of the market's capitalization.  Watch these big cap stocks closely.  When they start to break down that is a signal.

I think we’re already in a recession.  The reality is that we have two economies: one for people who invest in the stock market, and another for laborers, etc., who don’t.  I agree with your point about large caps carrying the market.  One of the ironies there is that Amazon—the bane of Trump’s existence—basically carried the market for him through the first roughly seven or eight months of last year.  

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I think we’re already in a recession.  The reality is that we have two economies: one for people who invest in the stock market, and another for laborers, etc., who don’t.  I agree with your point about large caps carrying the market.  One of the ironies there is that Amazon—the bane of Trump’s existence—basically carried the market for him through the first roughly seven or eight months of last year.  

Laborers who don't?  What in the ***** kind of bigoted nonsense it this? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Laborers who don't?  What in the ***** kind of bigoted nonsense it this? 

Glad you’re back, Chef Jim Crow.  Hoax.  I don’t care whether you post.  Maybe you should consider asking Santa for a dictionary this year so that you can learn the definition of bigot.  

44 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Glad you’re back, Chef Jim Crow.  Hoax.  I don’t care whether you post.  Maybe you should consider asking Santa for a dictionary this year so that you can learn the definition of bigot.  

You care.  It’s odd how much, but you care playa.  

It’s 2021, men have babies, girls have veggie stix,  our president believes himself arbiter of blackness and laborers surely invest.  

The Chef souffléd you here, rightly so, and you should take the hit.   

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks Doc

I’m actually quite pleased you gave it a try. But I’m sure you know that with the exception of Afghanistan (which was a disaster), the rest aren’t things Biden did. They’re just things that ‘improved’ while he’s been President. 

It was a facetious response.  You did ask though.  I think the vaccine roll out is about the only thing his administration showed any competence in thus far.

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

You are a bigot saying that laborers don't participate in the market.  Maybe YOU need to understand what the term bigot really means. 

Regardless why single out laborers?  Please explain your reasoning here.  

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You are a bigot saying that laborers don't participate in the market.  Maybe YOU need to understand what the term bigot really means. 

Regardless why single out laborers?  Please explain your reasoning here.  

I think you need to worry less about me and more about your standing with Santa.  You have a desperate need for that dictionary, and I’d hate to see you miss your chance for that book based on avoidable naughty behavior between now and Christmas Eve.  

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I think you need to worry less about me and more about your standing with Santa.  You have a desperate need for that dictionary, and I’d hate to see you miss your chance for that book based on avoidable naughty behavior between now and Christmas Eve.  

What's your beef against laborers bigot?  

You get caught saying stupid ***** all the time and when you get called out on it you post even stupider *****.  

Carry on bigot.....look it up.  

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What's your beef against laborers bigot?  

You get caught saying stupid ***** all the time and when you get called out on it you post even stupider *****.  

Carry on bigot.....look it up.  

That the kind of thing that’s going to get you on both the hoax list and the naughty list.  Not good.  

That the kind of thing that’s going to get you on both the hoax list and the naughty list.  Not good.  

Oooooooh scary stuff. 

I hope any laborers you associate with going forward know you're feelings about them.

Carry on bigot.  

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Oooooooh scary stuff. 

I hope any laborers you associate with going forward know you're feelings about them.

Carry on bigot.  

With every post it becomes becomes clearer that the dictionary is an urgent need for you.  It is critical that you do your best not to upset Santa and to stay off the naughty list.  I wish I could at that you’re (proper usage) succeeding there, but that would be a hoax. 

13 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

With every post it becomes becomes clearer that the dictionary is an urgent need for you.  It is critical that you do your best not to upset Santa and to stay off the naughty list.  I wish I could at that you’re (proper usage) succeeding there, but that would be a hoax. 

A Bigot......

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group......such as laborers.  

Carry on bigot. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

You and I actually agree about the stock market being on a treasury sugar high (at least to a certain extent; I think there are multiple catalysts for growth, but that’s a different conversation for a different time.) “Crediting” Trump for that, though, is where we part ways.  The national debt exploded under that fool.  And that’s without 9/11 (Bush) or the Great Recession (Obama) demanding increased government spending.  Trump’s income tax cuts principally benefitted the rich—not, with respect, the vast majority of the people who read this, judging by their grammatical skills—and, at the same time, he spent wantonly and indeliberately.  I don’t know what conservative means these days, but I struggle with how one could conclude that conservative principles are consistent with his fiscal  . . . approach. 

It scares me how much I agree with what you wrote- I am really questioning myself.🤔 But the reason I "support" Trump is he is better on spending than Biden, though he is a long way from being great that way.

5 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I’m fed up with this tax cuts for the rich narrative. Under Obama my taxes were raised from the Bush level because I was told I needed to help out in the time of the Great Recession. I didn’t complain. Trump just put the top rate back where it was because the Recession had ended. I don’t call that a tax cut. 

• Like (+1) 1

It scares me how much I agree with what you wrote- I am really questioning myself.🤔 But the reason I "support" Trump is he is better on spending than Biden, though he is a long way from being great that way.

Nobody has been thrifty since Clinton.  

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m fed up with this tax cuts for the rich narrative. Under Obama my taxes were raised from the Bush level because I was told I needed to help out in the time of the Great Recession. I didn’t complain. Trump just put the top rate back where it was because the Recession had ended. I don’t call that a tax cut. 

Technically it is.  But whatever.  The bigger point is that, like George W. Bush, Trump cut receivables but still spent like crazy. GWB had, to an extent, a good excuse - he had to fund a war in Afghanistan (but totally screwed up in Iraq).  Trump didn’t. 

Nobody has been thrifty since Clinton.  

Technically it is.  But whatever.  The bigger point is that, like George W. Bush, Trump cut receivables but still spent like crazy. GWB had, to an extent, a good excuse - he had to fund a war in Afghanistan (but totally screwed up in Iraq).  Trump didn’t. 

The Executive Branch can only spend what they've been given authorization to spend by Congress.  It's a complex dance.  Tax rates are not revenue.