Is Mahomes regressing?? (Sarcasm)

RunTheBall

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

He has looked “off” all season. What I mean by “off” is to his standards.. even off he is top 5 QB in the NFL.. makes you wonder if the SB gave him happy feet and he doesn’t trust his line.

He believes his own hype - that he can throw from any platform and at any arm angle - so much that he does it even when he doesn't have to, and good defenses take advantage of it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

He has looked “off” all season. What I mean by “off” is to his standards.. even off he is top 5 QB in the NFL.. makes you wonder if the SB gave him happy feet and he doesn’t trust his line.

Might be a combo of a bunch of things, but most maybe related to his huge contract. They gutted his OL, have fewer good weapons, and it's also meant their defense is down a lot of guys. Add to that the fact that a lot of his mark was made on lobbing the deep ball, and now he's being roped into a West Coast style possession attack which is Andy Reid's deal but maybe not his...

26 minutes ago, LDD said:

Mahomes was very uncomfortable with our pressure.  Something I noticed on multiple pressures was the fact that our linemen were disciplined enough to stop their rush if it was going to give him a lane to roll out.  He's like Josh, great when he's rolling out.  We kept him hemmed into an amoeba pocket all night and he was very unsettled.  It was a great game plan and showed a high level of understanding about what Mahomes doesn't do well.  Our bull rushes were utilized to perfection to keep the pocket closing in and our ends were highly disciplined to keep his effective rollouts to a minimun.  Also, literally can't say enough about what was happening in our secondary.  Times that he did get out of the pocket he simply didn't have options down the field.  

how many passes did he throw into the ground last night The Bills were in his head we rattled his cage. what did I read, we went into KC and stole their lunch money?

LOL yeah we can talk smack we earned it last night mateys

bwaahahhaaa....:-))))))

its gloat Monday lmaooo

Edited by Muppy

I just thought it was interesting that we were able to get into his head and make him that uncomfortable without really hitting him. That’s a testament to our D line pushing the pocket closed while keeping rush lanes contained as others have said.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, DallasMac said:

He definitely looked off.  His first pick was not on him but he had a bunch of throws that were landing at the feet of his recievers.  

When we have film we can slo-mo and look carefully at, I think a bunch of those were hit

But yes, when a great QB is under pressure and uncomfortable it’s amazing how he “regresses”

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

They're in a tough spot record wise but I honestly don't think they'll lose too many more. They're too talented and too experienced to lay down and let this continue. I think they'll work through it and by season's send will be one of the top teams again and one of the favorites for the SB.

One of the great things about last night is that we get the tie breaker over them and have moved nicely ahead in the AFC standings so unless we completely mess things up they'll have to travel to Buffalo if we do end up playing them again

I think they can lose a lot more.

They have five games they would be underdogs in right now remaining: at Cinci, at the the Chargers, at the Titans, Dallas and Green Bay.  Plus they have two games left versus the Raiders.

I think KC is 50/50 to make the Playoffs,  

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When we have film we can slo-mo and look carefully at, I think a bunch of those were hit

But yes, when a great QB is under pressure and uncomfortable it’s amazing how he “regresses”

Also, to be fair, I think some of those were throwaways.  He didnt look like the "unstoppable" never give up on a play Mahomes as he has in the past.

Mahomes has always been very fortunate in a number of ways...his luxury of weapons, the Andy Reid offense, and his obvious arm talent and ability to make plays when it doesn't seem like one can be made.

I've always been curious if he is an elite guy, or is he more of a guy who has been labeled elite, but doesn't actually have the top level, elite QB mind that can sit back and pick you apart when matched up against teams of similar talent and skill?

I'm not sure he's ever mastered the position. It's more like he ascended quickly because of all the luxuries and was labeled an all time great before actually proving it over time by outperforming his counterparts.

He may be top level elite, but I have always questioned if he's been more fortunate than just better than the other guy's in that conversation.

He sure didn't prove me wrong lastnight when faced with the challenges of a team on the other side that took away those advantages you normally enjoy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.