Does anyone know the Bills schedule this "mini-bye"?

Here's the language in the CBA.  I'm not sure if GunnerBill is right and they may have to report on Monday although it's been reported they aren't having a "full" practice.  Once they move the season to 18 weeks I wish they would just have two bye weeks for each team and start the first weekend of September.

(b) If in any League Year (i) the NFL elects to schedule three or fewer preseason games (not including the Canton Hall of Fame Game or any American Bowl game scheduled around the date of the Canton Hall of Fame Game) the final week of the preseason shall be a bye-week, unless the parties agree otherwise, and all players will be permitted two additional days off, for a total of eight days off during the preseason. Four of the eight days off shall be given after the final preseason game, with three of the days occurring consecutively on the final three days of preseason training camp (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday), except that, for any Club whose first regular season game is on a Thursday night, the three consecutive days off following the Club’s final preseason game need not be given on the final three days of preseason training camp (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) but shall be given following the Club’s final preseason game on three consecutive days determined by the Club. Subject to the foreg

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Here's the language in the CBA.  I'm not sure if GunnerBill is right and they may have to report on Monday although it's been reported they aren't having a "full" practice.  Once they move the season to 18 weeks I wish they would just have two bye weeks for each team and start the first weekend of September.

(b) If in any League Year (i) the NFL elects to schedule three or fewer preseason games (not including the Canton Hall of Fame Game or any American Bowl game scheduled around the date of the Canton Hall of Fame Game) the final week of the preseason shall be a bye-week, unless the parties agree otherwise, and all players will be permitted two additional days off, for a total of eight days off during the preseason. Four of the eight days off shall be given after the final preseason game, with three of the days occurring consecutively on the final three days of preseason training camp (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday), except that, for any Club whose first regular season game is on a Thursday night, the three consecutive days off following the Club’s final preseason game need not be given on the final three days of preseason training camp (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) but shall be given following the Club’s final preseason game on three consecutive days determined by the Club. Subject to the foreg

Ah okay I thought the compulsory down time extended to Monday. I know some teams are definitely doing the 4 day break and I thought the Bills were one of them. 

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ah okay I thought the compulsory down time extended to Monday. I know some teams are definitely doing the 4 day break and I thought the Bills were one of them. 

Here's what I could gather based off this article...  It's my understanding that unvaccinated players can't leave town during this time because they still require daily testing.

The Bills were off Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, practiced lightly on Wednesday and Thursday, and now the NFL mandates that teams take off Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the holiday weekend.

Further, the Bills won’t have a full practice Monday, then will start getting ready for the Steelers on Tuesday which is generally a regular day off for teams that play Sunday games.

Yeah, imagine the process-oriented McDermott wrapping his head around all that. 

Edited by Doc Brown

Wherever they went, I sure hope the unvaccinated players (which seems like half the team these days) are wearing Hazmat Suits 24/7. …. I seriously believe this early time-off will be a real test of their collective intelligence. If they come through this safe and with no quarantines, I’ll stop worrying about this issue. But if not, the season of so much promise could be derailed before it ever gets started. …. Wouldn’t that just be the ultimate “Billsy” thing to happen. … Apologies to all, I’m too long of a Bills fan to not play every “what could go wrong” scenario in my head.