Kyle Turley

As it stands right now, our starting LT would be Mike Gandy. Perhaps it would be Trey Teague if we started "Duke" Preston at Center. But in my opinion, neither option is going to get us anywhere.

When the topic of "Who'll be cut on 6/1" came up, the only name that anyone was sure on was Kyle Turley. Turley's a guy who has played at RT mostly, but has LT experience. He's a star of the league but has been known as a headache.

If it came down to it and he was the best available tackle, would you be cool with Kyle Turley in the Red, White, and Blue? Or would you rather stick with Gandy?

What's IIRC stand for?
If I Remember Correctly

What's wrong with Turley that he'll die? Is he using or something?

321540[/snapback]

All sorts of issues with him. I've lost track of all of them, but I know he was drinking, popping pills and I think attempted suicide.

Well then what's the plan?

Our OL was horrendous at times last year. Bennie Anderson is an upgrade from Lawrence Smith. But losing Jonas Jennings and replacing him with no one makes us even worse than last year.

321543[/snapback]

I remember the OL being pretty decent as the season progressed.

I remember the OL being pretty decent as the season progressed.

321551[/snapback]

I agree. Maybe it is just the way us Bills die-hards are, but sometimes folks seem to forget before we were beaten by a play-off qualifying Pittsburgh team (who granted we shoul have beaten playing their second-stringers at home) OUR Bills team peeled off 6victories in a row and won 8 of their last ten games.

They return 10 of 11 starters on D, all the ST players we want and 9 of 11 starters on the O with one being an upgrade or likely the same level at worse and the other being Jonas Jennings who not only missed a couple of starts but had trouble finishing a couple of games down the stretch.

The OL was obviously not where we want it to be, but returns this year unfortunately wuthout their starter at LT but bring 16 players into camp to man the 7 or 8 OL positions active each week.

Should we be content with our current OL as fans? No.

Should we be satisfied with where they are today particularly in comparison to where they were at this point last year?

I say unequivocally YES!

Last year in the first mini-camp we had huge question marks at LG (Ruben was gone and Pucillo of all people was the prime candidate for this spot). At RT we might not have known it then but MW's grandma had already passed and we were in the midst of a meltdown which left a hole at RT. RG had promise but Villarial had yet to take a snap as a Bill. C remained the site of complaints by Bills fans as Teague had not yet had his best play as a Bills and LT was our most stable position, but JJ was in his contract year and had yet to start all 16 games in a season during his career.

This year the right side is stable and C ,ay be an issue if we move Teague, but Tucker who played well in relief last year and the newly drafted The Duke are the back-ups.

LG has Anderson in place and he is not a Pro Bowler but comfortably seems an upfrade over our past uncertainty at LG. LT is a question but at least there are theoretcal options from moving Teague to coaching Gandy.

The OL is unsettled but it is better than we had at this point last year and last year's crew produced a winning record.

I hope folks get a grip.

You have to remember that our O-line was protecting "the Statue" before. I think JP Losman will make our line appear much better because he won't be tackling dummy DB was.

You have to be pretty desperate to even consider adding Kyle Turley to the roster. I mean people are worried about Travis Henry being a distraction. You want a player who may have assaulted a coach?

We have one of the best O-line coaches in the NFL in McNally. We have more talent, albeit raw, on the roster. We have 4-1/2 months before opening day. Relax.

PTR

If I Remember Correctly

All sorts of issues with him.  I've lost track of all of them, but I know he was drinking, popping pills and I think attempted suicide.

321549[/snapback]

Guys a nutcase, I remember when he was still with the saints, they were our home opener maybe abou 5yrs back? We were all sitting right behind the visitores bench row 3. People were jawwing him for his lack of intelligence, lack of ability to play etc. (typical stuff) The guy fipped out, threw his water cup, flipped us the bird, started daring us to come down onto the field. Guys a looney, however, I would like his looniness protecting JP's blind side.

Rmember when they played the Jets and he ripped the helmet off of a guy who was going after his QB Aaron Brooks? THe guy is an animal and on segments from the NFL network, he obviously love's football and the responsibility of protecting his QB. The guy is an animal w/ a buttload of character who would be a welcomed addition to the Bills, baggage and all.

I think that he is considering retiring b/c of his back anyways.

I read Turley is down to 240 now and was a product of steroids. If thats true I would not sign him but if he is in shape and above 280 I would sign him asap. I have seen him interviewed many times and he is very intelligent, sane, and intense. Character flaws charges against Kyle are laughable! Kyle Turley could play on my team any time.

I read Turley is down to 240 now and was a product of steroids.  If thats true I would not sign him but if he is in shape and above 280 I would sign him asap.  I have seen him interviewed many times and he is very intelligent, sane, and intense.  Character flaws charges against Kyle are laughable! Kyle Turley could play on my team any time.

321835[/snapback]

Where on the line would he play?