Alphas Roster Stab 3.0 (after PS game 2)

Alphadawg7

On 8/22/2021 at 6:52 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Beane and McDermott got to figure a way to use the IR and PS rules again this year.  Keep the young guys on the main roster and

use call ups for depth if needed that bad because of injuries.  This way you don't expose the young guys who would get picked up.

It a good chance Sweeney starts on IR.  In the meantime a TE will be on the PS to call up if needed.

Hell Nate Becker had a good snag in the Bears game and has been on the roster for 2 years.  He will probably be on PS again.

Gilliam was taking a lot of snaps alone in the backfield.  He does make Breida expendable.  Breida probably won't get picked up so he can

go to PS too.  If he gets picked up Williams is there.

That gives you 7 WRs and Taiwan Jones if he is needed that badly.  If Jones is not kept then a vet OT could be signed.

Have to figure out some moves like this for the D too.  

He was getting those snaps because we didn't have anymore RBs left. Williams and wade were hurt and the rest had their time. 

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I reckon they could do it with Isaiah. They have left him on the street for a week or so at the start of FA the last two years before coming back together. I think the Bills and his agents totally trust each other to do that. They trust him to circle back once he has tested his market and he trusts the Bills to keep their offer live while he does so. However, with where the Bills are cap wise I'm not sure throwing $700k or $1m just for the sake of playing roster hopping is really a very wise move. Not sure they will want Adams back on the 53 in any event (PS, sure) and that leaves McKenzie, Hollister and Breida. 

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

He was getting those snaps because we didn't have anymore RBs left. Williams and wade were hurt and the rest had their time. 

I agree.  My point was he is a worthwhile RB when he needs to be in an emergency situation.

• Like (+1) 1

Going to drop this here. Please refrain from any commentary and opinions about vaccinated/unvaccinated, as I appreciate this thread and all the work @Alphadawg7 and many more put in…

Does the knowledge that you could lose 2/4 top WRs for 5 days at any time throughout the season, impact the roster decisions. Do you keep 7 WRs now, knowing that this is a possibility? 

Are there are more “insured” positions where all the DL or OL are guaranteed to NOT miss 5 days due to close contact, where you skimp out on depth to provide more supporting cast in another position room to account for close contacts?

I think it might.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Going to drop this here. Please refrain from any commentary and opinions about vaccinated/unvaccinated, as I appreciate this thread and all the work @Alphadawg7 and many more put in…

Does the knowledge that you could lose 2/4 top WRs for 5 days at any time throughout the season, impact the roster decisions. Do you keep 7 WRs now, knowing that this is a possibility? 

Are there are more “insured” positions where all the DL or OL are guaranteed to NOT miss 5 days due to close contact, where you skimp out on depth to provide more supporting cast in another position room to account for close contacts?

I think it might.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I think it might.

Very interesting point, and yeah I think its possible it could entice them further to keep 7 at WR, especially given how pass heavy our offense is.