Cole Beasley, Tre make NFL Top 100 back to back

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Preview sounded like he'd be in the 20-11.

I was wondering where he’d come in in relation to Lamar. Like him or not, Lamar is incredibly popular among players in this league. Josh was/has been openly mocked by other players saying he was destined to fail. I know these rankings are meaningless, but the fact that he was able to fight that uphill battle and flip the script with respect to how others around the league view him shows you how special his 2020 season really was. 

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Preview sounded like he'd be in the 20-11.

Thought so as well when they said the guy with the biggest jump but they just listed Buddha Baker whom went from 97 to 19, which is 78 spots. Allen was 87 last year so he probably came in at number 10, which would be a 77 spot jump.

3 minutes ago, cisco2403 said:

Thought so as well when they said the guy with the biggest jump but they just listed Buddha Baker whom went from 97 to 19, which is 78 spots. Allen was 87 last year so he probably came in at number 10, which would be a 77 spot jump.

Was Diggs on the list last year?

Yep at 54.

Edited by Warcodered

8 minutes ago, cisco2403 said:

And Howard wasn't on the list at all. 🤷‍♂️

Come on the pick on Josh in week 17 was better than that Mahomes pick.

Edited by Warcodered

On 8/16/2021 at 3:39 PM, GunnerBill said:

I don't think it is as crazy as it sounds - though Allen and Diggs should both be minimum top 20 and White is definitely too low. The Bills are so good because they have above average starters at almost every spot and stars at 3 spots. Positions where the Bills had below average starters in 2020 basically boils down to tight end, 1 tech and arguably guard opposite Feliciano although I'd argue Ike once he got in did play at about a league average level. I repeat what I said above.... there are only three Bills I'd definitely say belong top 100, a couple more who I'd have right on the brink. I think there probably are legitimately half a dozen teams who have a legit claim to more top 100 players than the Bills but there might not be more than 1 or 2 who could claim more top 200 players. The Bills have lots of those proven starters I'd class as "very good, not elite" the likes of Williams, Morse, Dawkins, Poyer, Hyde, Edmunds, Beasley, Milano, Hughes.... 

The problem is too many times Hyde & Poyer get lumped together as an elite tandem which is obviously true. "The whole is greater than the sum of the parts" kind of deal. I don't think that's fair. Poyer is absolutely an elite player by himself regardless w/ who you team him up with. Hyde as a very good player in his own right too, but Poyer is a legit star. 

I feel like the Bills defense doesn't get beat too often on deep passes. They keep everything in front of them which is one of the Safety positions main jobs. 

Tre's ranking is ridiculous, easily the most out of place number in the countdown. It's almost as if they got through most of their picks and realized they forgot about him. There's no way the players have him ranked behind Jessie Bates or James Bradberry (what in the world?!). No way, I refuse to believe it. That kind of fall is typically only reserved for players who miss a season, I don't understand the disrespect. Do people think he had an off year?

6 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The problem is too many times Hyde & Poyer get lumped together as an elite tandem which is obviously true. "The whole is greater than the sum of the parts" kind of deal. I don't think that's fair. Poyer is absolutely an elite player by himself regardless w/ who you team him up with. Hyde as a very good player in his own right too, but Poyer is a legit star. 

I feel like the Bills defense doesn't get beat too often on deep passes. They keep everything in front of them which is one of the Safety positions main jobs. 

I disagree. I don't think Poyer is elite. I think he is very good. I think he has an outside argument for top 100 and the 4th or 5th best player on the team... but I don't consider him an elite safety in the way that Jamal Adams and Justin Simmons and Budda Baker and Minkah Fitzpatrick are.