DeSantis For President in 2024?

5 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

really all that needs to be said

I've spent some time down South. The quality of their education is poor. You get what you pay for in this world

welp, if looking at quality?  is it amount that graduate college?  graduation rates?  cost per student?  whats the definition of quality.

up here in NY we lead the nation in cost and dropout rates. 

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

Disney regrets that it has come to this,” the company said in its lawsuit, arguing that it found itself in the “regrettable position” because it “expressed a viewpoint the governor and his allies did not like.” Disney added, “In America, the government cannot punish you for speaking your mind.”

A-Men. Suck on it Meatball. This is America ya dumb jock

just think. before citizens united, that wasnt true.  and how the left hated citizens united at the time.   now its 100% supported by the left, and in turn the left is 100% funded by them

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

just think. before citizens united, that wasnt true.  and how the left hated citizens united at the time.   now its 100% supported by the left, and in turn the left is 100% funded by them

This has nothing to do with Citizens United. 

DeSantis Protecting Medical Freedom

The bill, SB 252, is worded to ensure that individuals cannot be discriminated against based on vaccination status or refusal to wear a mask.

“It is the intent of the Legislature that Floridians be free from mandated facial coverings, mandates of any kind relating to vaccines as provided in this section, and discrimination based on such vaccination status,” it reads.

It continues, “The Legislature finds that society is harmed by discrimination based on vaccination status…when healthy persons are prevented from participating in society and accessing employment opportunities.”

It’s hard to say it much better than that.

There is and never was any justification for politicians or companies to demand individuals be vaccinated to enter businesses or maintain employment. As even Pfizer acknowledged, their vaccines were never tested against the ability to prevent infection.

But “experts” promoted inaccurate, unsupported claims that the vaccines were “100% effective” against infection regardless.

Similarly, masks were also relentlessly promoted and mandated despite a clear, demonstrable lack of evidence.

This bill ensures that Floridians will have permanent protection against the ever-encroaching biomedical security state. And it’s yet another win for Ron DeSantis and his commitment to defending freedom and liberty.

https://www.outkick.com/ron-desantis-works-to-permanently-ban-mask-and-vaccine-mandates-in-florida/

45 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

really all that needs to be said

I've spent some time down South. The quality of their education is poor. You get what you pay for in this world

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Easy to outperform them when you drop half the curriculum because you can’t handle discussions of racism.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/best-states-for-education

Are you still discussing 1980 #'s? You guys believe every stupid headline you see? As I have stated multiple times, I am not arguing for the south but in Orlando my son has had opportunities that none of my cousins kids in NY have had for education and extracurricular experiences. FL gives better outcomes and more college ready kids. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

none of that is true lol

100%. and here you are defending Disneys Right to free speech. thats exactly what citizens united was about.

ITs all good, back then the left was anti war and anti establishment.

Now its pro state, pro war, and pro establishment at all times. 

And seems to be led around by the nose, by those very PACS and charities citizens united helped create.

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

I think you are smarter than this. You are a Western NY-er right? Not some dumb southerner from Dolphins country...

The citizen's united case was about campaign financing. 

Citizens united was about Corporations having free speech, and in turn the right to fund PACS that promote politicians.  got to read past the headline.  IT was a first amendment law suit.

Now you are on the side of the corporations by defending their free speech.  and in an ironic way, 100% support every topic promoted by the PACS created and funded by that ruling.  

Its utterly amazing how many have strong views, so strong they then use them to claim intelligence and try to insult others. then when asked for details,  they reveal they have absolutely no understanding of the topic, just parroting headlines.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Citizens-United-v-Federal-Election-Commission

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/27/2023 at 10:57 AM, SUNY_amherst said:

No it wasn't. The case was about campaign financing. They used the free speech given to us in the Constitution as their argument.

Right or wrong, that has nothing to do with what Meatball did to Disney and how this case will be resolved.

Was first amendment suit. only way it got to the court., the results were campaign finance and what we see now where they dominate every wedge topic and lead the left around by the nose.

And it directly shows the how the left now supports that free speech and the PACS created by unlimited cash.

IF not, Disney would not be able to continue to fund things like HRC and other PACS that promote the DEMS in florida.

just saying.

Edited by Chris farley

On 4/17/2023 at 10:03 PM, SUNY_amherst said:

pepsi flew Nixon around while Coke flew Kennedy… 

(but neither president tried to pick a fight with the cola rival, because this is America)

Do you have any further info on this or can you admit you just made it up?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m not sure what DeSantis plan is, but as someone who desperately wants him over Trump, he needs to figure it out … and fast.  

He’s allowing Trump to define him, mainly by misrepresentations and lies, but defined he’s becoming.  

Im getting to the point where I’d rather just let Trump take the nomination and sink or swim.  Either way, this is his swan song.  He either wins and serves his remaining 4 years or loses and becomes a disgraced GOP pariah with only his die-hards clinging to his dying grievances. 

Then let DeSantis, Youngkin, Suarez etc fight it out for the future of the party, post-Trump. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

27 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m not sure what DeSantis plan is, but as someone who desperately wants him over Trump, he needs to figure it out … and fast.  

He’s allowing Trump to define him, mainly by misrepresentations and lies, but defined he’s becoming.  

Im getting to the point where I’d rather just let Trump take the nomination and sink or swim.  Either way, this is his swan song.  He either wins and serves his remaining 4 years or loses and becomes a disgraced GOP pariah with only his die-hards clinging to his dying grievances. 

Then let DeSantis, Youngkin, Suarez etc fight it out for the future of the party, post-Trump. 

DeSantis isn't becoming defined.  He hasn't even officially declared yet.  But when he does, he'll take it to Trump like no one ever has.

• Haha (+1) 2

DESANTIS NUKES REPORTER OVER ‘TOTALLY BS’ CLAIM:

‘Focus On The Facts And Stop Worrying About Narrative.’

DeSantis forcefully rejected the claims made by former detainee Mansoor Adayfi, who claims that he saw a picture of DeSantis on Twitter and remembered his face from nearly two decades ago.

“No. No. Not at all,” DeSantis said when asked if he witnessed any instances where Al Qaeda terrorists were allegedly force fed. “That’s BS. Totally BS.”

When the reporter mentioned that the former detainee claimed that DeSantis was present at force-feedings, DeSantis quickly fired back at the reporter.

“Who said that? How would they know me?” DeSantis responded. “Okay, think about that. Do you honestly believe that’s credible? So this is 2006, I’m a junior officer, do you honestly think that they would have remembered me from that? Of course not.”

“They’re just trying to get into the news because they know people like you will consume it because it fits your pre-ordained narrative that you’re trying to spin,”

DeSantis continued. “Focus on the facts and stop worrying about narrative.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/desantis-nukes-reporter-over-totally-bs-claim-focus-on-the-facts-and-stop-worrying-about-narrative

This is the way.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Doc said:

DeSantis isn't becoming defined.  He hasn't even officially declared yet.  But when he does, he'll take it to Trump like no one ever has.

Hope you're right.  But the trailer home masses with fewer teeth than brain cells are stuck on him.  And meth too.

• Eyeroll 1