Highest inflation since...

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m certainly no genius when it comes to macro economics but you don’t have to be one to realize that the Biden Administration’s policies were NEVER designed to curb inflation. Why? Because for the longest time they refused to admit there even any inflation  even happening!  Remember the infamous 18 cent Fourth of July? 

So instead they just kept spending. The motto was “We can’t be out of money…we still have checks!”

Like everything else, this issue isn’t complicated! 

True. 

House #3 Democrat: "All of us knew"

House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn (D., S.C.) on Thursday said congressional Democrats knew when they signed off on President Joe Biden’s multitrillion-dollar legislative plans that the laws would lead to increased inflation.

“Let me make it very clear. All of us are concerned about these rising costs, and all of us knew this would be the case when we put in place this recovery program,” Clyburn said on MSNBC after host José Díaz-Balart asked about Americans’ struggles with surging food and energy prices. “Any time you put more money into the economy, prices tend to rise.”

https://hotair.com/headlines/2022/10/21/house-3-dem-all-of-us-knew-n505038

Its going to get really really bad

DeSantis is going to win 40 plus states - New York and California will be in play.  

That’s how bad it’s going to get

But go Ukraine!!  And fight climate change!  Abortions till birth!!

LFG!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Its going to get really really bad

DeSantis is going to win 40 plus states - New York and California will be in play.  

That’s how bad it’s going to get

But go Ukraine!!  And fight climate change!  Abortions till birth!!

LFG!!!

And then you'll see real election denial and insurrection, but the left will call it something else.

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

The Fed may have to blow up the economy to get inflation under control...

1 day ago — The Federal Reserve is most likely going to raise interest rates by three quarters of a percentage point again on Wednesday, its fourth straight ...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/30/investing/stocks-week-ahead

Inflation is a killer and needs to be gotten under control.  If it blows up the economy so be it.  The economy will recover.  It always does. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Inflation is a killer and needs to be gotten under control.  If it blows up the economy so be it.  The economy will recover.  It always does. 

The mistake the Biden Administration made was their persistent insistence that inflation wasn’t happening. Joe continues pushing that narrative even now. You can do that with a topic like climate change, where the repercussions are decades away, but not with the price of gas and groceries, which people experience every week. We’re going to see if they pay a political price for that mistake. 

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The mistake the Biden Administration made was their persistent insistence that inflation wasn’t happening. Joe continues pushing that narrative even now. You can do that with a topic like climate change, where the repercussions are decades away, but not with the price of gas and groceries, which people experience every week. We’re going to see if they pay a political price for that mistake. 

That’s why you ignore the Administration and pay attention to The Fed. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Who get their marching orders from the Admin.

Not really.  They are nominated by the President but I don't think the administration dictates what they do.  If so The Fed would not be raising interest rates seeing the Administration says inflation is supply chain (which is MUCH better that it was) issues, transitory so it was going away, Putin's war which The Fed can do nothing about.  

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Not really.  They are nominated by the President but I don't think the administration dictates what they do.  If so The Fed would not be raising interest rates seeing the Administration says inflation is supply chain (which is MUCH better that it was) issues, transitory so it was going away, Putin's war which The Fed can do nothing about.  

At one time I would have agreed with you.  Now I do not.

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

That’s why you ignore the Administration and pay attention to The Fed. 

I’m not actually paying much attention to either. My point was that the Biden Administration really miscalculated here (politically speaking) and chose to believe that the American people either wouldn’t notice or wouldn’t care if the cost of everything they buy went up. Was it that hard to say ‘we feel your pain’? Really bad move on their part…not that anyone behind the curtain will get fired over that unforced error.

15 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Come on man......we're talking about the Federal Reserve.  What does the FBI have to do with any of this?  

The point being that if one Federal bureau can become partisan/politicized, any of them can.

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Sure....

This is why I called you a partisan hack. 

You're free to believe what you want.  I'll believe that the bungling of inflation was less to do with sheer incompetence than being directed from on high.

Edited by Doc

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

You're free to believe what you want.  I'll believe that the bungling of inflation was less to do with sheer incompetence than being directed from on high.

What are you saying when you say this inflation has been “directed from on high”?

The inflation we are experiencing now is not Biden’s fault.  I’ve mentioned this many times here.  It’s been a long time coming. From “too big to fail” bailouts to pandemic fueled supply chain issues and a lot of government spending from both sides.  

32 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What are you saying when you say this inflation has been “directed from on high”?

The inflation we are experiencing now is not Biden’s fault.  I’ve mentioned this many times here.  It’s been a long time coming. From “too big to fail” bailouts to pandemic fueled supply chain issues and a lot of government spending from both sides.  

His policies have made inflation worse.  Even Brett Rattner, a former Obama Treasury Department official, said so.  There was even a poll of Dems back in June who blamed Joke for it.

Edited by Doc

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

His policies have made inflation worse.  Even Brett Rattner, a former Obama Treasury Department official, said so.  There was even a poll of Dems back in June who blamed Joke for it.

Well if they are blaming it all on Biden they are idiots.  Which of his policies do you think have affected inflation the most? 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Well if they are blaming it all on Biden they are idiots.  Which of his policies do you think have affected inflation the most? 

No one is blaming it all on Joke and that's why I said "made inflation worse" not "caused it."  And how about American Rescue Plan?  The botching of the supply chain?  Trying to eliminate fossil fuels and driving up the cost of fuel making production and transportation more expensive?