Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The latest chapter in the ongoing story: post-Trump Republicans are now all about feelings, Democrats are now all about data.

Biden at 37% approval. Must be a pretty good chunk of Democrats going with their feelings too. At least 37% is completely data driven however. I imagine you’re among that group.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Biden at 37% approval. Must be a pretty good chunk of Democrats going with their feelings too. At least 37% is completely data driven however. I imagine you’re among that group.

What do you call a Democrat who is planning to vote for Trump? 

A new-style Republican.

Feelings. Whoa, whoa, whoa, feelings ...

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What do you call a Democrat who is planning to vote for Trump? 

A new-style Republican.

Feelings. Whoa, whoa, whoa, feelings ...

Is this more liberal humor? I guess the tell is that it’s not funny at all, but I’m just not certain.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Irv said:

Bidenomics.  What a joke.  How do you put policies in place to inflate everything 10% then brag that inflation is down to 9%.  The people aren't that ***** dumb.  What a mess.  

We know you love you some Trump.

Other than those tremendous 4 years, what other President do you admire? I mean, he was all about Making America Great Again, so that presupposes some earlier golden age. 

Is it the 4.1% inflation rate at the end of Reagan's second term?

Is it the 4.1% inflation rate just before the 2008 election when Obama won?

Because then surely you'll love today's 3.24% rate!

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Other than those tremendous 4 years, what other President do you admire? I mean, he was all about Making America Great Again, so that presupposes some earlier golden age. 

I guess you don't do the shopping in your double-wide household.    

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

I apologize. 

It appears I have hurt your feelings

I guess I can understand your point.  Food stamps are great for people like you.  But I have to pay with my own money.  What a mess.  

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

A smidge higher than today’s 3.24% success but to the untrained eye it does not paint a pretty picture. Perhaps one of the data driven Democrats can make us all feel better about this.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Got that AP story? The quote cut it off: "... but voters still feel" like they're not doing well, or as well as they think they have a right to be doing.

It's that word again: feel.

I don't deny "feelings" are important in politics.

Example: 1992 "Town Hall" Presidential debate. Bush 41 (a very fine President and a great American) vs. smarmy Bill Clinton. I think Ross Perot was there too, but I'm not sure.

Voter asks incoherent question to the candidates: "How has the deficit affected you personally." (I think she meant to say "inflation" not "deficit."

Bush 41 tries to be nice and say something about the deficit. Deficits making it impossible to take on other challenges, blah, blah, blah, government-ese babble ...

Clinton steps up to the mic: "I feel your pain."

Total b.s. about feelings. About how the deficit has impacted him personally? 

My point (and you can tell what I thought of Bush vs Clinton in that year): it used to be that Republicans were the numbers guys, the technocrats, the analysts, the think-like-a-manager types. They would mock appeals to "feelings." Mitt Romney was the last gasp of that type of Republican. The new ones are all about damn-your-data I don't feel wealthy enough and I have a right to be doing better."

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

One man's pricey housing market is another man's generational wealth accumulation. 

Thought you might include some data in your response but you decided to lean more anecdotal. 

Existing home sales tumbled 4.1% last month to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 3.79 million units, the lowest level since August 2010. 

Those people planning on generational wealth might have to be patient. Even then…

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Thought you might include some data in your response but you decided to lean more anecdotal. 

Existing home sales tumbled 4.1% last month to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 3.79 million units, the lowest level since August 2010. 

Those people planning on generational wealth might have to be patient. Even then…

What the hell are you talking about? You are making no sense 

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

If nothing else, Frankish is sure to be buoyed knowing he’s got you in his corner. 

You point makes no sense. Just because housing sales are down right now in no way means generational wealth can't be passed through home ownership. 

• Eyeroll 1