Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

https://www.brusselstimes.com/914767/if-re-elected-trump-will-target-eu-with-trade-sanctions

Confidential discussions reveal plans for Trump’s trade policy. He is apparently keen to express frustrations with the EU by implementing a general import tariff of 10% on European products, similar to goods from China.

*takes out megaphone*

TARIFFS INCREASE PRICES AND PUNISH CONSUMERS 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

https://www.brusselstimes.com/914767/if-re-elected-trump-will-target-eu-with-trade-sanctions

*takes out megaphone*

So our current economy isn't punishing consumers? Got it!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

You're best off not listening to any claims of Trumps "plans" by the MSM.  

Seems like an ironic topic to bring up as biden kept a lot of them and they told us the ones on Russia were good for us.  worth the cost.

9 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

So our current economy isn't punishing consumers? Got it!

How will tariffs help?

4 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Seems like an ironic topic to bring up as biden kept a lot of them and they told us the ones on Russia were good for us.  worth the cost.

One of my few issues with Biden, yes. Tariffs suck and should be abolished along with archaic policy like the Jones Act. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

You act like this is set in stone. How was this "confidential " plan even found out? Seems fishy, but ANYTHING to smear Trump am I right?

Thats not what I asked. How will tariffs improve the economy?

Just now, Roundybout said:

They dont. The problem is you assume this article is correct. Can't be too confidential if it's being published? Seems fishy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The US has a history of implementing tariffs in response to unfair trade practices.

In the case of China, who is a grossly unfair trade partner, implementation of tariffs is common sense and just plain smart.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

You're best off not listening to any claims of Trumps "plans" by the MSM.  

Yeah because Conald’s track record is so pure and history never repeats itself.

We will keep this gem, too.

2 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

They dont. The problem is you assume this article is correct. Can't be too confidential if it's being published? Seems fishy.

Every single news outlet worth its salt has deep sources. Brussels Times is one of the best European outlets you can get, up there with the BBC and Deutche Weld. 

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

The US has a history of implementing tariffs in response to unfair trade practices.

In the case of China, who is a grossly unfair trade partner, implementation of tariffs is common sense and just plain smart.

Not when they actively harm the consumer by jacking prices up. It’s not 1850 anymore. 

• Eyeroll 1

Not when they actively harm the consumer by jacking prices up. It’s not 1850 anymore. 

Strongly disagree.

Harming the consumer has a limitless connotation.

Destroying US industry, and the jobs associated, is a very bad long term issue.

Allowing gross intellectual, research and production stealing, and then using those manufacturing techniques to undercut US workers to sell at a cheaper price is a suicidal posture, and China does it all the time, across many industries.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Every single news outlet worth its salt has deep sources. Brussels Times is one of the best European outlets you can get, up there with the BBC and Deutche Weld. 

Biden has had a few years to remove the Chinese tariffs if he wanted to, but he hasn't. How is that helping the American consumer?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Biden has had a few years to remove the Chinese tariffs if he wanted to, but he hasn't. How is that helping the American consumer?

It’s not. I hate trade wars.

8 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Strongly disagree.

Harming the consumer has a limitless connotation.

Destroying US industry, and the jobs associated, is a very bad long term issue.

Allowing gross intellectual, research and production stealing, and then using those manufacturing techniques to undercut US workers to sell at a cheaper price is a suicidal posture, and China does it all the time, across many industries.

I know, but at the same time China is at LEAST 10 years ahead of us on solar technology (panel production, conductor, transfer, etc). Increasing tariffs on these things would set our own utility solar market back years. You have to weigh the bad with the good 

I know, but at the same time China is at LEAST 10 years ahead of us on solar technology (panel production, conductor, transfer, etc). Increasing tariffs on these things would set our own utility solar market back years. You have to weigh the bad with the good 

***** China! We already have govt incentives for solar.