Former Bear Steve McMichael has ALS ( Lou Gehrig disease)

Greg S

Former Chicago Bears player Steve McMichael reveals he is battling ALS (msn.com)

I remember that 85 Bears team. That was one of the most dominant seasons I ever saw from a team. Wishing the best for him but this is a tough one. I don't think their is a cure yet for it.

🙏 

4 minutes ago, BTB said:

ALS, Parkinsons, Dementia and all other incurable diseases suck.  

I was really hoping modern medicine would be further along in regards to these diseases. 

Check out CRISPR technology, it's probably going to cure most of this, as it basically fixes the broken DNA causing these diseases.

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Check out CRISPR technology, it's probably going to cure most of this, as it basically fixes the broken DNA causing these diseases.

Hoping that's the case, my family has a history of Dementia later on in life (Thankfully not until we hit our 80's). If they can get a cure or productive treatment going in the next 15 or so years that can help my mother who is in her 60's avoid it. As for Mongo sad to hear about this, I am a bit too young to remember him playing but I do remember him wrestling in WCW back in the day and it is always sad to hear someone struggling. 

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

Former Chicago Bears player Steve McMichael reveals he is battling ALS (msn.com)

I remember that 85 Bears team. That was one of the most dominant seasons I ever saw from a team. Wishing the best for him but this is a tough one. I don't think their is a cure yet for it.

That is very sad news.  McMichael was a tough hard nosed very good player.  And quite the character on NFL films type stuff.  That Bears team was something.  Don't think too many of them would have been a good fit w McDermott.  But that was a very different era of football and life.  God bless him and his family!!