Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

35 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Oh wait,

The trooper was preventing him a PHYSICIAN and former Rear Admiral,

from helping a girl who was having seizures.

But your 'spin' that the GOP is anti-police is a great example of your limp attempts to make any point.

• Agree 1

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/schumer-house-and-senate-will-pass-short-term-funding-bill-september-avoid

Schumer: Congress will pass short-term funding bill in September to avoid shutdown

Just the News ^ | 8/15/23 | Nicholas Ballasy

McCarthy floats stopgap funding to prevent a government shutdown at the end of next month (same old stupid game)
Associated Press ^ | 8/16/23 | STEPHEN GROVES and LISA MASCARO

This has been the game since 2007.

1. Dither/do nothing/pass no bills until September 30th

2. Yell and scream about the government shutting down

3. Pass a "stopgap" bill taking government spending to November

4. Pretend to still be arguing in November, pass a "stopgap" bill taking spending to mid-December

5. Use pressure of Christmas recess to get another "stopgap" bill to the following March.

6. And the process starts all over again

The Senate could have been passing bills so conference committees could battle out the differences. But the Senate intentionally DOESN'T pass any bills so the above process can happen year after year.

And both McConnell and Schumer want it that way. They don't want the House to control spending levels (as is their Constitutional power). And the Republican Speakers (Boehner, Ryan and McCarthy) go along with it EVERY time.

• Like (+1) 1

Saw this on social media and couldn't stop laughing 

FB_IMG_1692197635413.jpg

I do think a lot of people that get Facebook or headline news truly believe they are helping and have good intentions.  but in this case "the road to hell is paved with those good intentions"  

Edited by Chris farley
  • Haha (+1) 1

https://x.com/tarabull808/status/1691543174874034176?s=46&t=RLsRhQJBb5vROsgfJWkwSw

Republicans are insultingly stupid people 

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Oh wait,

The trooper was preventing him a PHYSICIAN and former Rear Admiral,

from helping a girl who was having seizures.

But your 'spin' that the GOP is anti-police is a great example of your limp attempts to make any point.

It’s illegal to provide medical care while under the influence in Texas. 

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/OC/htm/OC.165.htm

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/schumer-house-and-senate-will-pass-short-term-funding-bill-september-avoid

Schumer: Congress will pass short-term funding bill in September to avoid shutdown

Just the News ^ | 8/15/23 | Nicholas Ballasy

McCarthy floats stopgap funding to prevent a government shutdown at the end of next month (same old stupid game)
Associated Press ^ | 8/16/23 | STEPHEN GROVES and LISA MASCARO

This has been the game since 2007.

1. Dither/do nothing/pass no bills until September 30th

2. Yell and scream about the government shutting down

3. Pass a "stopgap" bill taking government spending to November

4. Pretend to still be arguing in November, pass a "stopgap" bill taking spending to mid-December

5. Use pressure of Christmas recess to get another "stopgap" bill to the following March.

6. And the process starts all over again

The Senate could have been passing bills so conference committees could battle out the differences. But the Senate intentionally DOESN'T pass any bills so the above process can happen year after year.

And both McConnell and Schumer want it that way. They don't want the House to control spending levels (as is their Constitutional power). And the Republican Speakers (Boehner, Ryan and McCarthy) go along with it EVERY time.

I seem to remember the GOP house members running on going back to separate appropriate bills vs this omni-Bill BS (way to stuff pork with no public debate)

5 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Same for me Jesse.

Woke useful idiots however?

Racist cops.

I was going to say that that was a pretty smart way to cross the street and not get hit in Nassau County.  Until the end...

4 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Saw this on social media and couldn't stop laughing 

FB_IMG_1692197635413.jpg

I do think a lot of people that get Facebook or headline news truly believe they are helping and have good intentions.  but in this case "the road to hell is paved with those good intentions"  

What does the image show?  I can't access those links for some reason.

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

And I'm told by a completely unreliable source on this board, that MAGA's aren't anti semites....

https://www.thejc.com/news/news/former-trump-advisor-blames-jews-for-their-own-deportations-to-auschwitz-6BMJn5y5XpBfAJcNGhwFpy

The "Squad" says "hi."

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

And I'm told by a completely unreliable source on this board, that MAGA's aren't anti semites....

https://www.thejc.com/news/news/former-trump-advisor-blames-jews-for-their-own-deportations-to-auschwitz-6BMJn5y5XpBfAJcNGhwFpy

I remember not long ago you trying to thread the needle and pretend it was ok if you were an anti-Zionist as opposed to being an antisemite. With a track record of racism like yours, why should anyone be bothered by your latest cause?

Clearly it doesn’t bother you when it’s “Squad” related antisemitism. I guess that’s because you want to date them. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I remember not long ago you trying to thread the needle and pretend it was ok if you were an anti-Zionist as opposed to being an antisemite. With a track record of racism like yours, why should anyone be bothered by your latest cause?

Clearly it doesn’t bother you when it’s “Squad” related antisemitism. I guess that’s because you want to date them. 

have any of the squad stated that the holocaust was the fault of 
Jews?  or that it never happened?

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

have any of the squad stated that the holocaust was the fault of 
Jews?  or that it never happened?

Are you suggesting their brand of antisemitism/anti-Zionism is ok because someone on the right said something worse?

This must be that argument you’ve made previously that many people and groups (including the KKK according to you) are only part racist. Seems a little out of the prevailing norm but whatever you can justify, I guess. 

• Like (+1) 1