Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

36 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

This is such a awful comment.  Get outta here with that racist comment. No need for this crap.  Standing up for all those. 

Sadly, this standard for this empty poster.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2021/05/02/sanctuary-state-illegal-alien-gets-five-years-prison-killing-24-year-old/

An illegal alien has been sentenced to five years in prison for killing a 24-year-old man in a drunk driving car

crash in the sanctuary state of New Jersey.

Before the deadly crash, Leal-Corona had been arrested in Texas and New Jersey. Despite those arrests, Leal-Corona was never deported. New Jersey’s broad sanctuary state policy, which shields criminal illegal aliens from federal arrest and deportation, could prevent Leal-Corona from being turned over to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency following his sentence.

Unequal justice.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chauvin-juror-defends-participation-washington-230418703.html

Mitchell said he answered “no” to two questions about demonstrations on the questionnaire sent out before jury selection.

The first question asked: “Did you, or someone close to you, participate in any of the demonstrations or marches against police brutality that took place in Minneapolis after George Floyd’s death?” The second asked: “Other than what you have already described above, have you, or anyone close to you, participated in protests about police use of force or police brutality?”

Such a high profile important case and it is starting to look lke he could get a new trial. This is so irresponsible on this guys part to throw a wrench into the trial. Plenty of evidence for there to have been a conviction. 

On 5/3/2021 at 7:30 AM, Unforgiven said:

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2021/05/02/sanctuary-state-illegal-alien-gets-five-years-prison-killing-24-year-old/

An illegal alien has been sentenced to five years in prison for killing a 24-year-old man in a drunk driving car

crash in the sanctuary state of New Jersey.

Before the deadly crash, Leal-Corona had been arrested in Texas and New Jersey. Despite those arrests, Leal-Corona was never deported. New Jersey’s broad sanctuary state policy, which shields criminal illegal aliens from federal arrest and deportation, could prevent Leal-Corona from being turned over to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency following his sentence.

Unequal justice.

I've never understood the "deport the criminal" mentality.  Not sure of the protocol but are you suggesting that this person who is accused of killing someone while reportedly driving drunk get handed over to ICE and deported?  Just so he can come back and do it all over again?  This person should rot in jail (I don't care if it's at US taxpayer expense) and not see the light of day.  You hand them over to ICE it becomes wash, rinse, repeat.  

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I've never understood the "deport the criminal" mentality.  Not sure of the protocol but are you suggesting that this person who is accused of killing someone while reportedly driving drunk get handed over to ICE and deported?  Just so he can come back and do it all over again?  This person should rot in jail (I don't care if it's at US taxpayer expense) and not see the light of day.  You hand them over to ICE it becomes wash, rinse, repeat.  

This reminds me of Cheech N Chong when they get raided.  A ride home with a free sandwich.  If I was the original poster, I'd be more mad about the American citizen with a rap sheet longer than my arm who is still out committing more crimes.  Some people just like to focus on the brown people who don't got thier 'Murica card.  BUILD THAT REEF!

15 minutes ago, daz28 said:

This reminds me of Cheech N Chong when they get raided.  A ride home with a free sandwich.  If I was the original poster, I'd be more mad about the American citizen with a rap sheet longer than my arm who is still out committing more crimes.  Some people just like to focus on the brown people who don't got thier 'Murica card.  BUILD THAT REEF!

I am the OP and I'm not saying yea or nah... I'm just watching the case as it goes along, just like I did with OJ and Casey Anthony. I am a passenger.

Edited by T&C

1 minute ago, T&C said:

I am the OP and I'm not saying yea or nah... I'm just watching the case as it goes along, just like I did with OJ and Casey Anthony. I am a passenger.

I meant Unforgiven that he was responding to.  My mistake, I apologize for my wording.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I meant Unforgiven that he was responding to.  My mistake, I apologize for my wording.

I know that we will never probably agree on too much, and receiving a thank you from someone you don't really know is always questionable.

But the fact that you are able to say that you made a mistake without equivocation like an adult, just stands out on this board 

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

I know that we will never probably agree on too much, and receiving a thank you from someone you don't really know is always questionable.

But the fact that you are able to say that you made a mistake without equivocation like an adult, just stands out on this board 

Thank you.

YW.  There's nothing special about me.  At my age it's probably just a case of my ego already having been fed well enough that it doesn't need any more feeding.  I think that's the point where real discussions can start taking place.  In a greed and ego driven world, it's tough to have a reasonable debate that isn't in search of something for "me".

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Legal Experts Flag Failure of Chauvin Juror to Disclose Attending Rally With Floyd’s Relatives

by Isabel Van Brugen

https://www.ntd.com/legal-experts-flag-failure-of-chauvin-juror-to-disclose-attending-rally-with-floyds-relatives_607484.html

This is the cause of you guys now? Sad. How really sad. 

What's next, will you guys push for the John Wilkes Booth national holiday? 

And all those denials you guys vomited out about Trump and Russia actually seem even less credible now. Go figure 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This is the cause of you guys now? Sad. How really sad. 

What's next, will you guys push for the John Wilkes Booth national holiday? 

And all those denials you guys vomited out about Trump and Russia actually seem even less credible now. Go figure 

As usual, Tibs has misinterpreted the reason for the post.

Little to no surprise there.

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are defending this murderer, that's all we need to know. 

I posted an article about how there may need to be a re-trial due to a jury problem.

YOU displayed your own bias immediately

For all to see.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

I posted an article about how there may need to be a re-trial due to a jury problem.

YOU displayed your own bias immediately

For all to see.

But why do you care? The guy murdered someone. And all you care about is setting this thug free 

Sad. No wonder Trump working with Putin excites you. You want more murder. 

38 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

But why do you care? The guy murdered someone. And all you care about is setting this thug free 

Because this is literally the basis for our entire Judicial system.  Two things can be true here....Chauvin murdered Floyd, and the trial might have been harmed by this juror.  It is very important to get the conviction the correct way.  Not by cheating or any other illegal way.  They need to get it right. Has nothing to do with whatever side you are one and don't make it about that.   You are arguing and name calling for the sake of doing it and purposely not even looking at what happened in the trial and that is shameful. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

40 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Because this is literally the basis for our entire Judicial system.  Two things can be true here....Chauvin murdered Floyd, and the trial might have been harmed by this juror.  It is very important to get the conviction the correct way.  Not by cheating or any other illegal way.  They need to get it right. Has nothing to do with whatever side you are one and don't make it about that.   You are arguing and name calling for the sake of doing it and purposely not even looking at what happened in the trial and that is shameful. 

Ya right. You guys care about the process now? Ok! 

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Non-response detected.

You want a murderer to go free, and you guys are hiding behind process. 

But Trump shaking down a foreign leader is ok. 

You guys are Fascist, pure and simple. You are being defeated. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I dunno man... its seems to me that you don't really want to discuss anything. We/most are here discussing a current case and the judicial system... I haven't seen anyone deem that they are the judge and jury in the case... we are just following it, that's all.

• Agree 3

28 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Can you point to one post saying that we want him to go free?  No you cannot.  The juror should not have put this trial in jeopardy in the first place.   There was plenty of evidence for Chauvin to be convicted.   The person you should be upset with is the juror.  The prosecution put together a case that a non biased jury would have convicted Chauvin.  Now there is at the very least the apperance of improprietary in one of the more important trials in recent history.  

Now try and and form a response without making this about Trump.  

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Can you point to one post saying that we want him to go free?  No you cannot.  The juror should not have put this trial in jeopardy in the first place.   There was plenty of evidence for Chauvin to be convicted.   The person you should be upset with is the juror.  The prosecution put together a case that a non biased jury would have convicted Chauvin.  Now there is at the very least the apperance of improprietary in one of the more important trials in recent history.  

I'm not so sure it will come down to the juror...  It could, but I don't think he was actually mentioned by name in the document (I posted it above). My take is that it will be the judge who didn't think this one through enough before the trial even started... plus his parting words/discussion with the prosecution and defense weren't very stellar either.

Edited by T&C
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, T&C said:

I dunno man... its seems to me that you don't really want to discuss anything. We/most are here discussing a current case and the judicial system... I haven't seen anyone deem that they are the judge and jury in the case... we are just following it, that's all.

Sure, sure 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

If I were I judge I'd just let it go, the evidence is just overwhelming. I have no problem sending a murderer to jail. 

Trump obviously colluded with Russia in the 2016 election, how do you feel about the integrity of those that judged him? Talk about a biased jury! 

What do you think about the juries that judged an attack on our democratic process? 

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

hahahahaha...

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Non-response detected.

You want a murderer to go free. 

Just now, Unforgiven said:

hahahahaha...

Don't you just wish we had a system like Putin's, where murder of people is normal by state authorities? Poor frustrated little fascist. Loser 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

If I were I judge I'd just let it go, the evidence is just overwhelming. I have no problem sending a murderer to jail. 

Trump obviously colluded with Russia in the 2016 election, how do you feel about the integrity of those that judged him? Talk about a biased jury! 

What do you think about the juries that judged an attack on our democratic process? 

You understand it doesn’t work that way right? Are you just playing a game here or do you genuinely not understand our legal system?  Please answer that.  

yes there was plenty of evidence. But also the judge or even jury could have violated his chauvins rights(yes even he has rights).  

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

You understand it doesn’t work that way right? Are you just playing a game here or do you genuinely not understand our legal system?  Please answer that.  

yes there was plenty of evidence. But also the judge or even jury could have violated his chauvins rights(yes even he has rights).  

This person cannot or will not understand that this particular thread is about a current court case... has nothing to do with Trump, Putin, etc. I don't post a ton here but it seems like he/her is a resident troll. 

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You're still defending a murderer... how does that feel?

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Does it keep you awake at night that a murderer might have to go to jail?

It appears to me, as it should most... that he is reporting news on an ongoing court case. That's what this thread was intended for lol.

• Thank you (+1) 1